Telco Website

  • mahendrasingh@vsnl.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
      Telco have recently redesigned their website (telcoindia.com)and made it more stylish and contemporary. However, the site appears to be having teething problems and does not seem to be working properly. Besides being too slow, the text portions seem to get cut. Many of the options on the menu don't seem to work as of now.

      Mahendra Singh

      ravi_punjabi@... wrote
      Tried, this is extremely slow!! waited for long & then
      logged off.
      Regds
      Ravi
      --- gsatpute@... wrote:
      > Guys,
      > I was browsing through the new website of telco
      > www.telcoindia.com
      > It's quite nice. There they have mentioned about the
      > Indica Club initiated by Telco. However I am unable
      > to view the membership form. Has anybody else tried
      > this feature.Seems a good idea.
      > Gautam

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      Small business owners...
      Tell us what you think!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/5lTolB/TM
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001

          --- gsatpute@... wrote:
          > Guys,
          > I was browsing through the new website of telco
          > www.telcoindia.com
          > It's quite nice. There they have mentioned about the
          > Indica Club initiated by Telco. However I am unable
          > to view the membership form. Has anybody else tried
          > this feature.Seems a good idea.
          > Gautam

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

          Small business owners...
          Tell us what you think!
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/5lTolB/TM
        • Pradeep Kumar
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
            Maybe, it's like the Indica...

            --- In indica-users@y..., mahendrasingh@v... wrote:

            > Telco have recently redesigned their website (telcoindia.com)and
            made it more stylish and contemporary. However, the site appears to
            be having teething problems and does not seem to be working properly.
            Besides being too slow, the text portions seem to get cut. Many of
            the options on the menu don't seem to work as of now.

            > Mahendra Singh
            >
            > ravi_punjabi@y... wrote
            > Tried, this is extremely slow!! waited for long & then
            > logged off.
            > Regds
            > Ravi
            > --- gsatpute@y... wrote:
            > > Guys,
            > > I was browsing through the new website of telco
            > > www.telcoindia.com
            > > It's quite nice. There they have mentioned about the
            > > Indica Club initiated by Telco. However I am unable
            > > to view the membership form. Has anybody else tried
            > > this feature.Seems a good idea.
            > > Gautam

            Messenger
            > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

            ~-->
            > Small business owners...
            > Tell us what you think!
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/5lTolB/TM
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Vinu Mohan
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
              Dear all,

              I object to this comment.Bcuz I am also a V2 owner,I have just given my
              vehicle for the first service at benz motors, kochi.I have had no bigger
              issues with the car.
              Besides that I talked with lot other ppl at the service centre who had a
              similar opinion.I saw indica's having done mileage from 1000 to 35000
              without much problems.
              Though there were problems with the first machines,and though I had also
              bought this machine with scary mind,now I feel more comfortable.(hope to be
              like that in the future too...)

              The braking system of the car is exceptionally brilliant.Any car other than
              santro in this class in not a competent for indica(not even matiz and
              maruti).

              I am very proud to own a machine that is wholly designed in India.

              Let us go for our indian car (if that is of good
              quality........................)

              than "buying a foreign car that was designed by a foreigner for a foreigner"

              and on the website,I really feel there is a big problem,but it could be
              easily rectified in 2-3 hours.
              (Y I told so bcuz)
              I work in an IT company in kochi called Avenir.
              Thanks and best regards
              Vinu

              >> Telco have recently redesigned their website (telcoindia.com)and
              >made it more stylish and contemporary. However, the site appears to
              >be having teething problems and does not seem to be working properly.
              >Besides being too slow, the text portions seem to get cut. Many of
              >the options on the menu don't seem to work as of now.
              >>
              >> Mahendra Singh
              >>
              >> ravi_punjabi@y... wrote
              >> Tried, this is extremely slow!! waited for long & then
              >> logged off.
              >> Regds
              >> Ravi
              >> --- gsatpute@y... wrote:
              >> > Guys,
              >> > I was browsing through the new website of telco
              >> > www.telcoindia.com
              >> > It's quite nice. There they have mentioned about the
              >> > Indica Club initiated by Telco. However I am unable
              >> > to view the membership form. Has anybody else tried
              >> > this feature.Seems a good idea.
              >> > Gautam

              >> Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
              >Messenger
              >> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
              >>
              >> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------
              >~-->
              >> Small business owners...
              >> Tell us what you think!
              >> http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/5lTolB/TM
              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
              >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
              http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

            • Manoj Kumar Jain
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
                Dear Vinu

                I appreciate your patriotic feelings towards indica but it definitely is not
                a "TRUE" Indian car. For instance just remove any bulb and you would be
                surprised that it is manufactured in Germany. There are loads of other
                components but I'm sure this should be sufficient enough to beat the tall
                calim of Telco that it is an indegenous designed truely Indian car.

                Regarding the problem with the earlier Indicas, mine is a DLE, 2 yrs old,
                done about 35000km. I do have problem with the car like many others. Telco
                has done to get some kits fitted to fix the problem but this is a breach of
                trust in the product of a company. Either do not launch a product in the
                market until it is fit or buy back the faulty ones. In case of Indica
                project it the first few thousand customers who were actually guinea pigs to
                try and test the product, of course also paying for the product full of
                problems.

                Pls correct me if I'm wrong, this forum is an open house and we should not
                mind any comments from unhappy freinds, as long as it is not offending.

                regards,

                MJ

                >> Telco have recently redesigned their website (telcoindia.com)and
                >made it more stylish and contemporary. However, the site appears to
                >be having teething problems and does not seem to be working properly.
                >Besides being too slow, the text portions seem to get cut. Many of
                >the options on the menu don't seem to work as of now.
                >>
                >> Mahendra Singh
                >>
                >> ravi_punjabi@y... wrote
                >> Tried, this is extremely slow!! waited for long & then
                >> logged off.
                >> Regds
                >> Ravi
                >> --- gsatpute@y... wrote:
                >> > Guys,
                >> > I was browsing through the new website of telco
                >> > www.telcoindia.com
                >> > It's quite nice. There they have mentioned about the
                >> > Indica Club initiated by Telco. However I am unable
                >> > to view the membership form. Has anybody else tried
                >> > this feature.Seems a good idea.
                >> > Gautam

                >> Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
                >Messenger
                >> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                >>
                >> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------
                >~-->
                >> Small business owners...
                >> Tell us what you think!
                >> http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/5lTolB/TM
                >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                >

                >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
                >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
                http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
                http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                ___________________NOTICE____________________________
                This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
                only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
                by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
                transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
                destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
                message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
                understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT When addressed to NIIT
                clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
                and conditions in the governing client contract.

              • Ravi Punjabi
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Dear Friends

                  My opinion:

                  1. Designed in India does not mean, each & every nut
                  shud be manufactured in India. You would surely agree
                  there is no point in re-inventing the wheel.

                  2. As regards to the Breach of Trust, please check the
                  website which lists details of how Ford fitted
                  defective Firestone tyres & rolled out the cars, which
                  caused accidents & costed lives.
                  http://mirror.bridgestone-firestone.com/news/atx/newsmain_ATX.html

                  3. Even the Esteem & Zen designs have been re-designed
                  for Indian conditions & even they could have major
                  flaws.

                  4. Besides the Japanese/ Korean products launched in
                  India are fitted with undercapacity engines ( 1000 cc
                  Maruti, 1.3 Lt. Esteem, whereas the same frame in
                  SINGAPORE would carry a 2 L engine), to cater to the
                  price sensitive market. Eg. the Aircon in 800 & 1000
                  would never work effectively, but the company sold
                  100,000's of vehicles, & at the service station you
                  are told that this is really never meant to be
                  effective if 4 people sit in the car & it would not
                  work in city driving etc. etc. etc.

                  5. Even Maruti Service stations are pathetic & they do
                  not even treat you like a truck driver, you are
                  treated like a rich nerd, where they want to replace
                  parts at the drop of a hat, just becos u pay for it.

                  Resham Motors took 9 months to find a leaking Cooling
                  coil on my Brand New Zen & I was kind of lucky to get
                  it under warranty.
                  Mandovi took 7 visits to rectify a tune up problem,
                  the insisted on replacing each & every part & still
                  could not locate the problem until the 7th time.

                  Surely the Indian Customer Support scenario (& maybe
                  Telco support as well )have a long way to go.

                  If you feel that the Indica has caused terrific
                  problems or you have not got the Value for Money,
                  please go ahead with the Consumer Forums or form an
                  egroup of dissatisfied members, so that you could
                  represent to the Telco Management the issues.

                  Besides, the dealers are offering decent buy-backs for
                  the v2 & MPFI models, pls. go ahead & explore.

                  Thanks & Regards
                  Ravi

                  === message truncated ===

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • pankaj rajkumar
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
                    No only the styling of the vehicle is done by IDEAS
                    Italy and regarding the compoments like bulb etc.
                    being sourced from MNC then i personally feel that
                    today it is absolutely impossible to get any product
                    that is fully Indian. And to offer a vehicle at the
                    such a low price as this, they must have gone with the
                    vendor with lowest quote.

                    pankaj

                    =====
                    Pankaj R
                    Indore

                    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                  • pankaj rajkumar
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001

                      --- RAM SAMANT <rsamant@...> wrote:
                      > The engine of the Indica, I hear, was designed in
                      > Italy!!!!

                    • RAM SAMANT
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 1, 2001
                          Let somebody in the group from telco add a word to this...

                          Regarding the design and components,
                          Well, can't a US car use british components?.there is nothing wrong in
                          that.
                          See we have abundant rubber here in india and we import rubber from outside
                          bcuz itz cheap.

                          But I too felt something fishy when Manoj was telling that Indica's quality
                          test was run on the first 1000 customers.
                          ;)
                          So telco guys do respond.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
                            I stand corrected
                            Only the body was designed by IDEA - Italy
                            The engine was developed in house and sent for
                            optimisation to French consultants La Motor Modurene

                          • gsatpute@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 2, 2001
                              Well,
                              The fact remains that it is a good car. I do agree
                              that there was a problem with the earlier cars but it
                              is a worldwide phenomena, with even companies like
                              Benz failing the "elk test" with their A class cars
                              and having to redesign the suspension. The Atos from
                              Hyundai failed in the reverse test where it used to
                              topple over.Samurai"Gypsy for Indian owners" I heard
                              had to be pulled out from the market due to roll over
                              at high speed cornering...
                              I have driven the car now for 1500 kms in 3 weeks and
                              find it a fuel efficent car with best features for its
                              price and a very comfortable ride...
                              So let us say "Cheers" to a good car designed by Telco
                              and wish them success.