Re: [indica-users] cng compatibilty issues

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi Sudhish,

      Fuel mixture running lean may have everything to do with lack of a closed loop control - AFAIK, modern spark ignition engines rely on feedback from 02 sensor to fuel the engine and maintain stoichiometry. Without such a control, I fail to see how this could be achieved.

      Dev

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2010

        How old are your spark plug cables ?
        I beleive they are costlier (It cost 1k for my old Palio).
        IT could be atleast 500 bucks.

        Yes, i did change my Spark Plug cables for this same issue and it resolved close to 90% of the issue.

        It was some 2-3 yrs back, and i forgot the sequence of things i tried. Sorry about that.

        People mostly donot go for a Closed loop in the LPG system (they are very expensive). My mech said that Hyundai / Ford vehicles donot accept the open loop system so we need to go for closed loop which is around 50-60k Rs.

        But for CNG closed loop may be mandatory because CNG donot supply as much energy as LPG does.

        Above is my opinion, reality may be different.

        Yes. i think you should try changing your Spark Plugs / Cables based on their insulation failure. Advise is to change all the 4 cables.

        I tried a method to check insulation failure. It needs total darkness. Put the vehicle in your garage, switch off your porch lamps and ensure absolute darkness. Open your bonnet open, start your vehicle and observe closely, you can see sparking outside the cables. If this is happening, the cables have lost their insulation property.When the sparking happens there are 1000's of volts going on the cables dont try to hold or touch them, you get sharp stinging pain.

        Thanks & Regards
        Sridhar.C

        Indigo Marina LX TDI.
        2005 December.
        Mica Grey Color.
        Approaching 54K Kms.
        13Kmpl with A/C.

        "Life is simple. We make it look complex"

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 16, 2010
          hi everybody,

          Finally got my spark plug changed during service,since i had completed
          almost 23k kms, now i feel that the car is running smoothly with cng (even
          with the a/c on in heavy traffic), I think the replacement of plug cables or
          the spark plug may be the solution for the cng compatabilty problem. Air
          filter also cleaned during the process from TASC.

          The set of plugs (4nos.) cost me 250 rs (labour inclusive)

          regards
          sudhish