Re: [indica-users] Re: Indica Vista Saffire

  • Hrishikesh Raghavan
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
      Ritu,

      When you say humming sound - are you sure it was not the fan running? Are
      there any other problems like loss of pick-up?

      Scratches / Dents etc. are neither free nor covered in warranty or extended
      warranty. But, it depends on how well you know the TASC and vice versa.

      Cheers,
      Hrishi
      LSi, March 2003, 110000 km

      On 1 September 2010 10:52, ritu sarup <sarupritu@...> wrote:

      > dear friends
      >
      > pl advise / guide me on the following
      >
      > I had purchased an indica vista on in November 09 and completed 4200 km of
      > running as of now.
      >
      > However, the vehicle is not running as smoothly as it was running earlier.
      > One
      > can feel the difference. Also d other day when turning off the engine it
      > stopped
      > with a humming sound which happened for the first time. Till date i have
      > got the
      > vehicle services twice. this time the person at the service station at
      > Pundit
      > auto did not service the vehicle as the running is very less but attended
      > to the
      > minor problems. Also the lady who took the car for servicing was reading
      > the
      > manual to explain me my queries regarding the stereo and door locking which
      >
      > showed she is not aware herself. I suppose since they are attending to new
      > vehicles they should be experts themselves. I was too frightened to leave
      > the
      > vehicle. Don know whether she understood the problems i was facing as the
      > vehicle is still not going smoothly.
      >
      > Also i wanted to know whether minor scratching and denting problems are
      > covered
      > in the extended warranty or free service.
      >
      > Also which are good service stations in Pune for repairing of denting and
      > painting problems
      >
      > Experts pl advice
      >
      > ritu
      > --

      Hrishikesh Raghavan
    • Hrishikesh Raghavan
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
        Congratulations - the Apollo Accelere is one of the best tyres one can buy
        in India today.

        On 1 September 2010 10:58, sudhendu belhekar <sudnb@...> wrote:

        > Dear Frients,
        >
        > I changed my tyres 2 days back from the OEM Goodyear to Appollo Acceler -
        > Tubeless of 165/65 -13 specs. I had wanted to upgrade to higher specs
        > however the dealer suggested that i can do so only if i change the rims as
        > the current rims are suitable for these type only. I was charged Rs. 3100
        > per tyre inclusive of alignment and tuning of my current rims.
        >
        > Have i been charged correctly as i am within the mumbai limits and octroi
        > also make a difference in the pricing.
        >
        > The ride has been phenomenal. The vehicle seems to gluide on these tyres
        > and the noise level has reduced considerably.
        >
        > Your comments.
        > Rgds,
        > Sudhendu
        > Xeta - 50000 Kms, 1.4 Ltr - CNG.
        > Mumbai.

        Hrishikesh Raghavan
      • Umesh Awasarikar
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
          "'Indica' reported sales of 7,531 units, down 22 per cent over August 2009, Tata Motors said.

          'Indigo' family recorded sales of 6,678 units, a rise of 151 per cent over the same month last year. Sales of 'Sumo' and 'Safari' increased by 11 per cent to 2,884 units. "

          Is this the market putting more faith in TATA by going for the larger segment and consequently more expensive segment?

          Full Article at:
          http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/auto/automobiles/Tata-Motors-sales-rise-32-in-Aug-/articleshow/6474277.cms

          Thanks
          Umesh Awasarikar
          (Mar 04 DLS, 54400 Km, Pune, ~16 Kmpl)

        • Chivate, Sameer
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
            Umesh,

            I will carry your off-topic thread a little further. Hope Hrishi and others don't mind :)

            1. Indica sales numbers are down 22%. I would be worried if I were a Tata Motors employee. Some of these could be explained by cannibalization by Indigo CS, but Indica is still the bread-and-butter model. A breakup of Vista vs V2 would reveal more.

            2. Indigo family includes Indigo CS, Manza and Marina. Again, a breakup of CS vs Manza would be enlightening!

            3. Sumo and Safari segment growth is just a benefit of overall automotive industry sales picking up.

            All in all, I would be seriously concerned about the growth of Passenger Car BU of Tata.

            Regards,
            Sameer.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2010
              Umesh,

              Now that I have read the article in TOI, I have another comment to make. According to this report, Tata Motors has rolled out 8000-odd Nanos in Aug 2010. Assuming close to zero sales of Nano in Aug 2009, majority of the 32% delta would be taken up by Nano itself.

              Another indicator of the shrinking market share in B-segment for Tata Motors?

              Regards,
              Sameer.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2010
                On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, ritu sarup <sarupritu@...> wrote:

                > Also i wanted to know whether minor scratching and denting problems are
                > covered
                > in the extended warranty or free service.

                scratching and denting work can only be claimed via insurance. i got dents
                fixed from wasan, mumbai and they did fairly good job of getting rid of dent
                and scratches.

                --
                Anurag <0xB20A82C1>
                http://web.gnuer.org/blog/