Re: SOT: Jack for Safari

  • t r rajesh
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2010
      Hi James,

      > Sorry, I missed this point & only now I got it. I was inclined
      > towards the compact size but something was stopping me before

      Could not find any message which said you have bought the hydraulic jack.

      Since before you bought the Safari, couple of us here have been asking you to go for one since the OEM jack is almost unusable in the event of a puncture.

      If you have not bought one yet, get it soon, don't wait until you are stranded on the road with a puncture.

      OT:

      I did take a test drive of the Scorpio Automatic after I bought the Manza. That was good, but the ride was not good at all with wife in the middle row felt swaying and what not in the Ernakulam byepass.

      But then she had a look at the Xylo and is blaming me for not showing it to her before we bought the Manza!

      One lazy sales executive in the TVS showroom (Mahindra dealer) was definitely to be thanked for another sales executive gaining a sales!

      OT:

      Thank you all for the wishes.

      Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
      (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 68144 (70190) kms, 13.46 kpl, 43km/day)
      (Manza QJ Aura+, Mar 10, 1610 kms, 15.74 kpl, 85 km / day)
      (Figo TDCi Titanium, Mar 10, 433 kms, 12.62 kpl, 87 km / day)
    • t r rajesh
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2010
        Hi James,

        > But in Safari, we need to crawl under the Truck to fix it.

        It is not the crawling that hurts. You curse everybody at Tata and their jack supplier when the jack won't go under the axle on the side of the puncture.

        I have never understood how somebody designed that jack which would fit where it should, only when the tyre is fine.

        You can always dig a hole and fix the jack, so either buy the trolley one or go for a small showel!

        Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
        (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 68144 (70190) kms, 13.46 kpl, 43km/day)
        (Manza QJ Aura+, Mar 10, 1610 kms, 15.74 kpl, 85 km / day)
        (Figo TDCi Titanium, Mar 10, 433 kms, 12.62 kpl, 87 km / day)
      • james.r
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2010
          Hi Dr.Raj,

          Congrats on your new family member. Wish to hear more about that.

          Very sorry to tell you that I'm yet to buy since my days are rolling fast
          with 2 visits to my home town every week. I know all my answers can never be
          justified. Will try to finish it off by this weekend.

          Truck was registered last Tuesday & we were praying for a number to end with
          0 & it was granted...
          Saturday & Sunday went for a trip to Yercaud & Valparai two small hill
          stations in Tamil Nadu. Total distance covered was 1111kms. Mileage was
          slightly above 9kmpl. Truck was behaving so well that we never expected such
          a performance. A slight push makes it to 160kmph with perfect balance. Other
          than the Interior Quality its a wonderful product. Thanks again for ur
          reminder & I prefer the trolley jack over showel.
          On 1 May 2010 17:28, t r rajesh <drtrrk.tiug@...> wrote:

          > Hi James,
          >
          > > Sorry, I missed this point & only now I got it. I was inclined
          > > towards the compact size but something was stopping me before
          >
          > Could not find any message which said you have bought the hydraulic jack.
          >
          > Since before you bought the Safari, couple of us here have been asking you
          > to go for one since the OEM jack is almost unusable in the event of a
          > puncture.
          >
          > If you have not bought one yet, get it soon, don't wait until you are
          > stranded on the road with a puncture.
          >
          > OT:
          >
          > I did take a test drive of the Scorpio Automatic after I bought the Manza.
          > That was good, but the ride was not good at all with wife in the middle row
          > felt swaying and what not in the Ernakulam byepass.
          >
          > But then she had a look at the Xylo and is blaming me for not showing it to
          > her before we bought the Manza!
          >
          > One lazy sales executive in the TVS showroom (Mahindra dealer) was
          > definitely to be thanked for another sales executive gaining a sales!
          >
          > OT:
          >
          > Thank you all for the wishes.
          >
          > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
          > (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 68144 (70190) kms, 13.46 kpl, 43km/day)
          > (Manza QJ Aura+, Mar 10, 1610 kms, 15.74 kpl, 85 km / day)
          >
          > (Figo TDCi Titanium, Mar 10, 433 kms, 12.62 kpl, 87 km / day)

          james.r
          "Sparky", Indica V2, DLE, BS-II, 41.0 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05
          "Quirky", Safari EX, BS-III, 2600 kms, TN23 AJ 7360, Mar 10

        • t r rajesh
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2010
            Hi James,

            > Congrats on your new family member. Wish to hear more about that.

            Thanks.

            > I prefer the trolley jack over showel.

            I sincerely pray that you don't get a flat before you buy that.

            > Truck was registered last Tuesday & we were praying for a number to > end with 0 & it was granted...

            Here we are given a range of 250 numbers every day (depending on the last number allotted the previous day) to choose and select. If you want a particular number you have to pay 2000 and if there are no applicants, you get it else it goes for auction and then you end up paying more.

            Mine are 1260 and 2160 for the Manza and Figo. First time I have bought two new cars in such a short time.

            > Saturday & Sunday went for a trip to Yercaud & Valparai two small
            > hill stations in Tamil Nadu. Total distance covered was 1111kms.
            > Mileage was slightly above 9kmpl.

            Good. I peeped into Valparai a year back. Yercaud, long back. Plains with a little restraint, it should go above 12.

            > Truck was behaving so well that we never expected such
            > a performance. A slight push makes it to 160kmph with perfect
            > balance. Other than the Interior Quality its a wonderful product.

            I sincerely wish that with the Safari, you have a restraint on your speed. Direction changing at that speed would be dicey and in our roads you have to expect the unexpected always. We have to compensate for other person's mistake / carelessness too!

            All the best.

            Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
            (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 68144 (70190) kms, 13.87 kpl, 43km/day)
            (Manza QJ Aura+, Mar 10, 4157 kms, 15.61 kpl, 104 km / day)
            (Figo TDCi Titanium, Mar 10, 433 kms, 12.62 kpl, 87 km / day)
            For Marina: http://tiny.cc/ju7g5
            For Manza: http://tiny.cc/o2o8u
            For Figo: http://tiny.cc/sygyq
          • james.r
            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2010
              Hi Dr.Raj,

              Thanks for you good will. Here the number selection starts from Rs.7000 &
              goes upto Rs.35000. Yes, with mixed up drive within Chennai & highways gave
              10.7kmpl. It was just a speed test & won't be repeating it. Had few close
              calls by the side laners who tend to switch lanes for no reasons & reminded
              me to be sensible. Thanks again...

              On 3 May 2010 18:24, t r rajesh <drtrrk.tiug@...> wrote:

              > Hi James,
              >
              > > Congrats on your new family member. Wish to hear more about that.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > > I prefer the trolley jack over showel.
              >
              > I sincerely pray that you don't get a flat before you buy that.
              >
              > > Truck was registered last Tuesday & we were praying for a number to > end
              > with 0 & it was granted...
              >
              > Here we are given a range of 250 numbers every day (depending on the last
              > number allotted the previous day) to choose and select. If you want a
              > particular number you have to pay 2000 and if there are no applicants, you
              > get it else it goes for auction and then you end up paying more.
              >
              > Mine are 1260 and 2160 for the Manza and Figo. First time I have bought two
              > new cars in such a short time.
              >
              > > Saturday & Sunday went for a trip to Yercaud & Valparai two small
              > > hill stations in Tamil Nadu. Total distance covered was 1111kms.
              > > Mileage was slightly above 9kmpl.
              >
              > Good. I peeped into Valparai a year back. Yercaud, long back. Plains with a
              > little restraint, it should go above 12.
              >
              > > Truck was behaving so well that we never expected such
              > > a performance. A slight push makes it to 160kmph with perfect
              > > balance. Other than the Interior Quality its a wonderful product.
              >
              > I sincerely wish that with the Safari, you have a restraint on your speed.
              > Direction changing at that speed would be dicey and in our roads you have to
              > expect the unexpected always. We have to compensate for other person's
              > mistake / carelessness too!
              >
              > All the best.
              >
              > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
              > (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 68144 (70190) kms, 13.87 kpl, 43km/day)
              > (Manza QJ Aura+, Mar 10, 4157 kms, 15.61 kpl, 104 km / day)
              > (Figo TDCi Titanium, Mar 10, 433 kms, 12.62 kpl, 87 km / day)
              > For Marina: http://tiny.cc/ju7g5
              > For Manza: http://tiny.cc/o2o8u
              > For Figo: http://tiny.cc/sygyq

              james.r
              "Sparky", Indica V2, DLE, BS-II, 41.0 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05
              "Quirky", Safari EX (MFL), BS-III, 2.6 k kms, TN23 AJ 7360, Mar 10