Re: [indica-users] Re: Safari - Delivered, Was: Booked

  • Deepak R Umrankar
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1 2:17 AM
      Hi Shiv,

      >My superstition is its always good to have one small dent/scratch in
      the car. This protects the car from any major further incidents.

      I totally agree with you on this.

      Drive Safe
      Best Regards

      Deepak Umrankar

      DLX/ July'04/ 70,644km/ 18.57kmpl (last tankfull)/ Fuel-1.92(Rs/km)/ Maint'ce-0.67(Rs/km)

    • james.r
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1 5:16 AM
        Hi all,

        Thanks again to Pradeep, Hrishi, Vasi, Shiv & Nibu. Even though I don't
        believe on superstitions but still this incident will be a reminded for me
        for ever & make me drive more carefully.

        Hrishi, Already drove it till 110 kmph since it is was mentioned in the
        manual.

        Nibu, not a typo but a mistake from my side since my mind has recorded it as
        BS-II & only after your Q realised it to be BS-III.

        On 1 April 2010 14:47, Deepak R Umrankar <deepak_umrankar@...> wrote:

        > Hi Shiv,
        >

        > >My superstition is its always good to have one small dent/scratch in
        > the car. This protects the car from any major further incidents.
        >
        > I totally agree with you on this.
        >

        > Drive Safe
        > Best Regards
        >
        > Deepak Umrankar

        james.r
        "Sparky", Indica V2, DLE, BS-II, 40.0 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05
        Safari EX, BS-III, 250 kms, Mar 10

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 3 3:02 PM
          Hey James, congrats. Wish you great rides on the beast.

          Don't worry about the mishap - you shall never have another one. The quota is completed on day one.

          It *is* somewhat more tricky moving from a smaller vehicle to a larger one. I guess the Safari's edge's are visible, so do watch out for that as you steer.

          Dev

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 4 10:54 AM
            Thanks Dev,

            What you is correct but this one happend with no mistake on my side. I was
            taking U-turn & almost middle of the road on the other side of the road due
            to the huge turning radius. This guy was drunk & came from no where & gave
            me the gift.

            @Hrishi, thanks for helping me indirectly to select the name. After keeping
            "Quirk" in mind I was still searching names. My sister came with the same
            word & there was no other reason required to finalise it. So, its
            "Quirky"...Will upload fotos soon...

            On 4 April 2010 03:32, Dev Abhishek <devabhishek@...> wrote:

            > Hey James, congrats. Wish you great rides on the beast.
            >
            > Don't worry about the mishap - you shall never have another one. The quota
            > is completed on day one.
            >
            > It *is* somewhat more tricky moving from a smaller vehicle to a larger one.
            > I guess the Safari's edge's are visible, so do watch out for that as you
            > steer.
            >
            > Dev

            james.r
            "Sparky", Indica V2, DLE, BS-II, 40.0 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05
            "Quirky", Safari EX, BS-III, 400 kms, Mar 10