Re: 65K Service - An Update

  • pandemd
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Mr. Deepak, From where u got this work done ? For bumper repainting job, are the charges u mentioned are dependent on colour or what ? and also don't you have opted for extended warrenty ?

      Thanks in advance ..

      Milind Pande

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Deepak R Umrankar <deepak_umrankar@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Just wanted to update the group that I didnt go for a full fledged 65K service. All the fluid levels were OK. Just did a couple of things which were essential. LHS fog lamp has gone, so replaced it. Changed the air filter element. Off late there was the typical Indica screeching belt noise, in the early morning starts. So removed the alternator & AC belt & inspected them. Both has very thin rubber left in the grooves. Also the alternator belt was cracked at one place. Also I found some very tiny glass-like particles scattered throughout the contact surface. Dont know if this was the belt material itself or some extraneous matter. Nevertheless I advised to replace both the belts. The AC idler pulley was also making some noise when rotated by hand (as if the bearing has become lose). But since it is just an idler I didnt go for the bearing replacement. The front bumper had many scratches on either side so got the full bumper repainted. Also got the left
      > side wheel arches (fenders) repainted.
      >
      > Break-up of charges:
      >
      > 1 Front bumper painting & touch-ups at scratches 1,250.00
      > 2 Tyre fender painting (LHS, front & rear) 400.00
      > 3 Air Filter replacement (Lispart make) 200.00
      > 4 LHS fog lamp replacement (One Mico make) 35.00
      > 5 Alternator belt replacement 140.00
      > 6 AC belt replacement 126.00
      > Total - Part Charges 501.00 (excluding the painting charges)
      >
      > Note: Did not go to TASC this time & got all the above work done form a small garage in front of me.
      >
      > Drive Safe
      > Best Regards
      >

      > Deepak Umrankar
      >

      > DLX/ July'04/ 64,920km/ 19.54 kmpl (last tankfull)/ Fuel-1.92(Rs/km)/ Maint'ce-0.68(Rs/km)

    • Deepak R Umrankar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi Milind,

        >Hi Mr. Deepak, From where u got this work done ?

        A plain simple Deepak should suffice. I got this work done from a small garage in Wadgaon Sheri (off Nagar Road, Pune).

        >For bumper repainting
        job, are the charges u mentioned are dependent on colour or what ?

        The charges are not dependant on any colour or shade, just the area involved & the efforts.

        >and
        also don't you have opted for extended warrenty ?

        Yes I had the extended warranty, but it expired almost three years back, my car will be completing 6 years this July.

        Drive Safe
        Best Regards

        Deepak Umrankar

        DLX/ July'04/ 64,980km/ 19.54 kmpl (last tankfull)/ Fuel-1.92(Rs/km)/ Maint'ce-0.68(Rs/km)

      • Deepak R Umrankar
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010

          >Off late there was the typical Indica screeching belt noise, in the
          early morning starts. So removed the alternator & AC belt &
          inspected them. Nevertheless I advised to replace both the belts.

          Forgot to mention in my earlier post that the screeching belt noise has completely vanished after the belt replacements. To all those who are facing this irritating noise I would suggest get your alternator belt replaced asap.