Re: [indica-users] Wheel Alignment mechanic in bangalore

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
      When I worked at Cisco (outer ring road), I had all tyres related problems attended to at the Bridgestone showroom near the Kadubeesanahalli crosss (It's at the left corner on the service road, as you head south on the ring road). They offer wheel alignment, tyres sales and wheel balancing. Seemed competent enough.

      Since I was a regular and generous with tips, the workers were quite diligent with my car. For instance, they'd straighten out any bends in my steel rims before balancing, without my asking or paying for it. Never had the Indicas wheels aligned there, but I did have them work on my Jeep.

      Dev

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
        Thanks Murali and Dev for the quick response.

        Any idea if I'll be breaking my warranty if I do the alignment outside TASCs ?

        Regards
        Justin

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
          I don't think so. Most TASCs do not have alignment in-house anyway.
          Dev

          Thanks Murali and Dev for the quick response.

          Any idea if I'll be breaking my warranty if I do the alignment outside TASCs ?

          Regards

          Justin

          --- In indica-users@ yahoogroups. com, Muralidharan Ramamurthy <rrr_murali@ ...> wrote:

          > Got my wheel alignment done on sunday at tyreempire..

          > quite knowledgeable folks with latest gizmos..

          > U can find them on the dead end of marathahalli varthur road near the T junction of varthur lake.. on the right side..

          > Wheel alignment :Rs 250

          > Wheel balancing : Rs 40 per wheel

          > Lead extra..

          > Regards,

          > Murali

          > ____________ _________ _________ __

        • dr_trrk
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009

            > Any idea if I'll be breaking my warranty if I do the alignment
            > outside TASCs ?

            It won't. But then you don't have to tell them that you did it outside. Since it is a paid thing, you have the right to refuse.

            If some suspension work is done at the TASC, then an alignment done by them would be better.

            Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
            (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 63380 (65127) kms, 13.98 kpl, 44km/day)
            (Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 41603 kms, 13.31 kpl, 53km/day)
          • justinpolackal
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
              Thanks very much Rajesh and Dev. Waiting eagerly for the weekend to get it done. My arms are aching after every daya drive due to the faulty alignment.

              Thanks,
              Justin

              --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "dr_trrk" <drtrrk.tiug@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > > Any idea if I'll be breaking my warranty if I do the alignment
              > > outside TASCs ?
              >
              > It won't. But then you don't have to tell them that you did it outside. Since it is a paid thing, you have the right to refuse.
              >
              > If some suspension work is done at the TASC, then an alignment done by them would be better.
              >
              > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
              > (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 63380 (65127) kms, 13.98 kpl, 44km/day)
              > (Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 41603 kms, 13.31 kpl, 53km/day)

            • rajbuzz
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                I too got new tyres and alignment done at Tyre Empire. Found their service genuine and warm. Would recommend them any day. Recently went there again to get a nitrogen refill. But they checked the levels and found them to be okay, so sent me away without charging a penny. Any other place would have still refilled to earn those extra bucks.

                cheers,

                raj

                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Muralidharan Ramamurthy <rrr_murali@...> wrote:

                > Got my wheel alignment done on sunday at tyreempire..
                > quite knowledgeable folks with latest gizmos..
                >
                > U can find them on the dead end of marathahalli varthur road near the T junction of varthur lake.. on the right side..
                >
                > Wheel alignment :Rs 250
                > Wheel balancing : Rs 40 per wheel
                > Lead extra..
                >
                > Regards,
                > Murali
                >

                > ________________________________

              • anandprakash
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
                  Hi Friends,

                  When i start my indica turbo, all the indicators goes off except the battery charging indicator, at the idle rpm of 800. When i raise the RPM above 1000-1100, then battery charging indicator goes off.

                  I see this problem whenever i crank the engine without pressing the accelerator.

                  Regards,
                  Anantha

                  Indica DLG 07, 36,565, 15-23 kml/lt

                • justinpolackal
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009
                    Hi all,

                    Latest update.

                    I had to go to Richmond flyover for some work on Dec 5th. So I got the wheel alignment and balancing done at Madhus Enterprises. They seemed to have done a good job.

                    My Vista used to vibrate once I cross 60Km/hr speed and after 70, it used vanish. This problem is gone now after wheel balancing.

                    The second issue is still there. Steering feels sticky - as if it is rotating on a broken or un-greased ball bearing.

                    Took the vehicle to Concorde motors. They hoisted on the quick service bay for inspection, but could not find anything wrong. They suggested me to book for a service. While talking to the lady at the counter, a service adviser inquired about the problem and without even seeing the vehicle, he told me that it's a problem with Steering rack. He said it may cost approx. 40K and if it is not damaged due to any misuse from my side, it will be covered under warranty. Obviously I got worried. Went for the service today and they changed the strut bushes and told me that the steering is smooth now.

                    Got the vehicle very late in the evening and while driving back home, i noticed that the steering has become smooth. However, that uncomfortable sticking feeling is still there. It is not behaving the same way as it used to be earlier. I'm beginning to doubt if it's the rack which is the culprit.

                    I'm planning for a long drive towards end of Dec. Planning to take this up after the trip. Tired of spending weekends at the service centres !

                    Cheers
                    Justin

                    P.S: Indica Vista TDi Purchased on May 28, 2009, 6450 Kms Done.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009