Re: [indica-users] Re: Brake pedal pulse

  • Damodar Kamath
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi Dr.Rajesh,

      > Among the above, I think the disc should have been the cause. Since that seems to be
      > new, cannot be sure.
      Alloy wheels were added during May'08, and new tyres were fitted during the month of July, 2008.
      The pulse/shudder has been around since the age of the car, if i'm not mistaken :p
      That is making me wonder on what is it that is causing it.

      Regards,
      Damodar
      [ IndicaV2DLE, BS-2, Mar'01, 52.XK kms ]

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 1, 2009

        > The pulse/shudder has been around since the age of the car, if i'm
        > not mistaken :p
        > That is making me wonder on what is it that is causing it.

        I give up!

        Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
        (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 60510 (62078) kms, 13.98 kpl, 44km/day)
        (Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 36835 kms, 13.31 kpl, 52km/day)
      • trsumesh
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 1, 2009
          Disc/rotor mean the same

          Umesh

          --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Damodar Kamath <kamath76@...> wrote:

          > Thank you, Deepak and Umesh!
          >
          > The brake fluids were changed as well. But still worth giving it a try.
          > Hi Umesh, by the rotor, guess its the disc itself that you are referring to. If not, please let me know.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Damodar
          > [ IndicaV2DLE, BS-2, Mar'01, 52.XK kms ]

        • raghavan_h
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 8, 2009
            Assuming pads etc. have been checked out, check for alignment of the pads & discs.

            Cheers,
            Hrishi

            --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "dr_trrk" <drtrrk.tiug@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > > The pulse/shudder has been around since the age of the car, if i'm
            > > not mistaken :p
            > > That is making me wonder on what is it that is causing it.
            >
            > I give up!
            >
            > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
            > (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 60510 (62078) kms, 13.98 kpl, 44km/day)
            > (Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 36835 kms, 13.31 kpl, 52km/day)

          • sabyasachi mishra
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 8, 2009
              Hi Damodar,

              This is perhaps my first communication to you. Can you recall when was your
              disc pad caliper pivot pins with rubber grommets greased or replaced. If
              not, considering the age of your car, please do replace the pivots. This
              would relieve you, not only from the present predicament, that you have
              already mentioned, but also the spattering and rumbling noise associated
              with worn out pins.

              Happy motoring.

              Sabyasachi Mishra

              INDICA TURBO DLG, Nov 2005, 54498kms, 20.2~23.86 kmpl NON AC ON HIGHWAYS.

            • Damodar Kamath
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 8, 2009
                Thanks for the reply, Sabyasachi!

                I'm afraid i can't recall if the pins were replaced at all :(. Will do this and let you know.

                Regards,
                Damodar
                [ IndicaV2DLE, BS-2, Mar'01, 52.0K kms ]

                This is perhaps my first communication to you. Can you recall when was your

                disc pad caliper pivot pins with rubber grommets greased or replaced. If

                not, considering the age of your car, please do replace the pivots. This

                would relieve you, not only from the present predicament, that you have

                already mentioned, but also the spattering and rumbling noise associated

                with worn out pins.

                Happy motoring.

                Sabyasachi Mishra

                INDICA TURBO DLG, Nov 2005, 54498kms, 20.2~23.86 kmpl NON AC ON HIGHWAYS.

                See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/

              • sumit_29_ind
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 23, 2010
                  Hi Damodar,

                  Did the pedal pulse issue get resolved? - i am having the exact same at high speeds.

                  Regards
                  Sumit Basu

                  Indica V2, DL, BS-3, 2006, 52K

                  --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Damodar Kamath <kamath76@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for the reply, Sabyasachi!
                  >
                  > I'm afraid i can't recall if the pins were replaced at all :(. Will do this and let you know.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Damodar
                  > [ IndicaV2DLE, BS-2, Mar'01, 52.0K kms ]

                • Deepak R Umrankar
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 23, 2010
                    Hi Sumit,

                    > Did the pedal pulse issue get resolved? - i am having the exact same at high
                    >speeds.

                    You feel pulses when you apply brakes, this is due to the air trapped in the
                    brake-oil circuit. This can be eliminated by bleeding out the trapped air (at
                    the brake caliper end)

                    Drive Safe
                    Best Regards

                    Deepak Umrankar

                    DLX/ July'04/ 82,888km/ 18.51kmpl(last tankful FE)

                    "I cried because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet"

                  • Sridhar.C
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 24, 2010
                      Guys,

                      For me, the mech told that the rear drum is worn out and thats why you get that pulsing!

                      Thanks & Regards
                      Sridhar.C

                      Indigo Marina LX TDI.
                      2005 December.
                      Mica Grey Color.
                      Approaching 55K Kms.
                      13Kmpl with A/C.

                      "Life is simple. We make it look complex"

                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 24, 2010
                        Hi Sumit,

                        Sorry, but didn't mind this issue since then :p.
                        Not sure if i did mention this earlier, but the tandem master cylinder too had to be replaced in our Indica later on, due to negligence on my part in getting the brake fluid replaced periodically, and which resulted in it's scouring. I'll check whether the brake pedal still pulses during my next visit home, and let you know.

                        Regards,
                        Damodar
                        [ IndicaV2DLE, BS2, Mar'01, 57.2K kms ]

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 24, 2010
                          Hi Damodar,

                          >Not sure if i did mention this earlier, but the tandem master cylinder too had
                          >to be replaced in our Indica later on, due to negligence on my part in getting
                          >the brake fluid replaced periodically, and which resulted in it's scouring.

                          The brake fluid replacement interval is 40K kms. Since your car has run 57K kms,
                          it was required to be replaced only once & I hope you would have got it done.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 31, 2010
                            Hi Damodar,

                            I too had that symptom, finally the front right brake caliper pins were found to have worn out, had to lathe them. After fixing them back did some long drive with high speed, first few initial application of brakes - the pulse could still be felt, though feebly. No more pulses can be felt at the moment.

                            Regards
                            Sumit

                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 31, 2010
                              Hi Samit,

                              Nice to know :) I somehow forget to check this brake thing out, every time am home.

                              Regards,
                              Damodar
                              [ IndicaV2DLE, BS2, Mar'01, 58.3K kms ]