[indica-users] Engine sounds in the Indica, anyone ?

  • subrat@poboxes.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 1999
      Our Indica DLE seems to have developed a extra clinking sound while
      idling. My neighbour, who owns a Tata Sumo, agrees that this sounds
      abnormal even by diesel engine standards.

      The sound vanishes when revved and after gears are engaged (after which
      you normally rev).

      I was asked by Veeresh Malik, who write a popular Motoring Column, to
      check fuel quality. The fuel quality we get now is good ultra-low
      sulfur diesel. So that is not the problem.

      What could be the problem ? Timing ?

      Subrat