Re: [indica-users] Unable to open the bonnet (Engine compartment)

  • james.r
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009

      Just a rough idea to you. Very rare chance for ur case to work. Ask some one
      to pull the bonnet lever continuously & you try to open the bonnet from
      front. Since the rubber bushes where the bonnet rests could've compressed
      due to ur son's weight. Its above the Head Lights. Once you open it try
      unscrewing the rubber bushes 2 turns so that this won't happen again for
      sometime. If you aren't able to open still, go to any small workshop & ask
      them to do it in ur presence.

      > Hi, today I wanted to get the details of my battery to put into the
      > 'Battery Life' database and I went and tried to open the bonnet. As
      > usual I pulled the lever below the dashboard and tried to lift the
      > bonnet but am not able to lift it.
      > .
      > <<<<

      james.r
      "Sparky", Indica V2, DLE, BS-II, 23.5 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05

    • Srinivasa Krishnamurthy
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
        Thanks to all for your suggestions. I got it opened by a workshop next
        door.

        Srinivasa Krishnamurthy

        G4, OASIS CHANDRA,

        1st Cross, Subramanyapura Main Road,

        Manjunatha Nagar, Bangalore 560061

        Res: +91-80-41632754

        Mob: +91-09901932754

        Just a rough idea to you. Very rare chance for ur case to work. Ask some one
        to pull the bonnet lever continuously & you try to open the bonnet from
        front. Since the rubber bushes where the bonnet rests could've compressed
        due to ur son's weight. Its above the Head Lights. Once you open it try
        unscrewing the rubber bushes 2 turns so that this won't happen again for
        sometime. If you aren't able to open still, go to any small workshop & ask
        them to do it in ur presence.

        <mailto:sriniairtel%40airtelmail.in>

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
          How??

          2009/2/2 Srinivasa Krishnamurthy sriniairtel@...

          > Thanks to all for your suggestions. I got it opened by a workshop next
          > door.
          >
          > Srinivasa Krishnamurthy
          > .

          james.r