Re: [OT] Fiesta + Re: My Indica Up in Flames

  • Hrishikesh Raghavan
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 1, 2008
      I am in complete agreement with Dev on the TCO part. Ford is known for costly spares & service. Since I don't have ownership experience, my views were purely from a driving prespective.

      Cheers,
      Hrishi

    • Aditya Vig
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 7, 2008
        Hi Suresh,
        Sad to know about your car.

        On the Mumbai Pune expressway - I have seen many vehicles completely
        gutted. The gutted vehicles were mostly Diesel vehicles tho - trucks,
        Indicas, Scorpios, etc - made me wonder (and shudder) to imagine what
        it is about Diesels which made they catch fire and get gutted like
        that!

        Aditya

        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "msuresh_2001"
        <msuresh_2001@...> wrote:

        > Hi George,
        >
        > Tough to guess the cause of the fire. Looks like some electrical
        > short-circuit triggered it.
        >
        > In both cases smoke came from the AC vent and were 2004 models. Do
        not
        > know if the car in news was a petrol vehicle or diesel.
        >
        > The top portion of my car was completely gutted down, so no question
        > of repair. The estimate however is 5+ lakhs. The fire was so intense
        > that I think the fuel (Around 8 litres) in the tank also would have
        > got used up.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Suresh
        >
        > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "George K" <tuxgeok@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is really very bad.
        > > Could this be an indication of the quality of service provided by
        Tata
        > > Motors?. Its really scary to even think of driving a car that can
        > burst into
        > > flames.
        > >
        > > Suresh, is your car under repair now?
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > George
        > >
        > > BLR-May06 DLG Turbo, 41K, 15kmpl
        > >

        > > On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM, msuresh_2001 <msuresh_2001@>
        wrote:

        > > > Another such incident reported in Times Of India again with
        Indica.
        > > > The incident matches mine 80%:
        > > >
        > > > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3670546.cms
        > > >

        > > > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com <indica-users%