Re: [indica-users] XETA 2nd service due...

  • kaushal rai
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 29, 2008
      Thank a Lot Sir...

      rgds

      kaushal

      Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote: Hi,

      1,2) All the free services should be done at the TASC, to avoid problems
      with warranty claims, if any.

      3)10k service includes oil change. All consummables (oil, oil filter, fuel
      filter) will cost approx. Rs.900. There is no labour charge.
      Avoid going in for things like 'undercoat', 'overcoat', 'inside coat',
      'teflon coat', etc., etc!!! Get a tyre rotation done. Wheel alignment is
      required to be checked only if the car drifts to one side.

      4) There are no tangible benefits to be had by using synthetic oil in normal
      low performance engines used in all cars manufactured in India.
      The following post has some relevant info.

      Drive safe,
      Achin Juneja

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008

        We cannot assume that the spare wheel was balanced at the factory! It is
        better to check the balance before tyre rotation.
        The rotation pattern is given in your owners manual. Generally for the
        Indica it is as follows :
        Spare to rear right.
        Rear right to front right.
        Front right to Rear left.
        Rear left to Front left.
        Front left to spare.

        All 5 wheels should be rotated to ensure uniform tyre wear.

        Drive safe,
        Achin Juneja

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi

          My Xeta is due for 1st Service this week, a few doubts i have

          I have just driven 400 KMS till date and prob over the week end i will drive another 200 KMS this week end. Is this enough or should i drive more
          As the one month time is over is it ok to give for service at 600 KMS
          Can i postpone the date of service
          Do i need to focus on any specif issues

          What should i tell him, as this is my first car and have learnt driving on this car itself
          Thanks in advance
          Sridhar

          Sreedhar

          Address

          N.N.Sreedhar,
          #838, 12th cross,
          Maruthi Tent road,
          Janthanagar,
          Gangotri - Post
          mysore -570009

          PH 0821 2540241

        • San S
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hi Achin,

            I am silent listner of this group. I used to
            read your valuable inputs.
            Last week I have completed the 2nd service of
            my Xeta-1.4GLX. TASC have not changed the fuel filter
            saying that it is not required for 10000 km service
            and will be done during 20000km service schedule.
            Is it ok or shall I have to visit again and
            insist them to do it. Please explain the technical
            aspect of this?

            Thanks,

            San

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • Achin Juneja
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
              As per the owner's manual, fuel filter has to be replaced every 10k
              kms. Please cross check the chart in your manual. If it says 'replace
              every 10,000 kms', then show them the chart, & if the TASC still
              refuses to do it, send an email to supportwest@...
              (use 'west', 'north', 'east' or 'south' depending on where you are
              located), mentioning the TASC name & location, & also ask the TASC to
              give you a letter saying that the warranty will not be affected by
              not following the recommended maintenance instructions.

              It is important to follow the recommendations in the manual,(a)to
              keep the warranty valid &(b) keep the engine free from dirt in the
              fuel.

              Drive safe,
              Achin Juneja

              --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, San S <xeta_glx14@...> wrote:

              > Hi Achin,
              >
              > I am silent listner of this group. I used to
              > read your valuable inputs.
              > Last week I have completed the 2nd service of
              > my Xeta-1.4GLX. TASC have not changed the fuel filter
              > saying that it is not required for 10000 km service
              > and will be done during 20000km service schedule.
              > Is it ok or shall I have to visit again and
              > insist them to do it. Please explain the technical
              > aspect of this?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > San
              >
              > --- Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > 1) Rim bends are best removed on the machine. A good
              > > tyre shop should have
              > > this machine. In any case, even if done manually,
              > > the wheel must be balanced
              > > afterwards. I suggest you get all 5 wheels checked
              > > for correct air pressure
              > > & balanced before the tyre rotation.
              > >
              > > 2) At 10k kms, only engine oil & oil filter, fuel
              > > filter need to be changed.
              > > All other fluids only need to be topped up, if
              > > required.
              > >
              > > 3) The air cleaner filter need not be changed, only
              > > cleaned with compressed
              > > air.
              > >
              > > 4) Get all suspension, steering & engine mounting
              > > bolts checked for
              > > tightness.
              > >
              > > 5) Get all 4 wheel bearings checked for noise.
              > >
              > > 6) Check alternator & AC compressor belt tension.
              > >
              > > Refer to your owner's manual for any other check
              > > points at 10k kms service.
              > >
              > > Drive safe,
              > > Achin Juneja

              method=reportRows&tbl=13

              ______________
              > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

            • kaushal rai
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 6, 2008
                Hello Achin Sir,

                Got the second (10 k) service done today at Autolink, Vasnt kunj. details in the attachment.

                They charged me Rs 2044. I had to pay labour charges for second FREE service as i could not trace the free service coupons (they were supposed to be pinned to service booklet...not part of it......i dont remember using them at the time of First service either....but i do remember i was not charged for labour....anyways tried a lot to persuade them but i was told its not possible without coupons)

                Somehow was feeling little akward as i had to pay an amount of Rs 2044 for the FREE service :-(

                warm regards

                kaushal
                XETA, GVS, Nov 2006