Re: [indica-users] good car

  • shahi623@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      I too own a Indica dle V2 purchased on 9th Feb 2001, done 1668 kms, regn. no. PB 08 AD 1221.There was a little diesel leakage from injector nozzle 2 which was replaced by Nawab Automobiles on the 1st service and there is no problem there. However there is another problem that still persists, in the 2nd or 3rd gear at a slightly higher rpm there is a repetitive sound which comes from the engine(not too loud) which sounds like krrr...krrr...krrr. I was told it was the sound of one of the injector nozzle - is this true?
      Any one with similar experience?
      Regards,
      Shahi

      indica-users@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > hi everyone,
      >       when i was thinking of buying indica,i was very angry with the
      > dealers as they were not ready to reduce the price.where as
      > maruti,daewoo,hyundai were reducing price between 15,000/- to 40,000/-
      >  on their cars.
      >      now i have done 600 km on my indica v2 dle.it is unbeleivably
      > excellent.it actually is MORE CAR PER CAR.with the new tyres and
      > great suspension system the car can be driven easily irrespective of
      > speed.when i went to get security system and stereo fitted,the owner
      > of shop told me that space had been provided by tata in all doors to
      > put both the accesories with wiring also installed for the stereo.
      >
      > The advantages what i feel indica provides whereas other maufacturer
      > of the same segment donot provide are:-
      > 1.Ventillated disc brakes which are actually found in mid-sized
      > segment cars.
      > 2.Independent rear wheel schocker to provide best comfort which is
      > only found in some of the mid-sized segment cars.(even a ford icon
      > donot have that which is one of the best seller in mid-sized segment)
      > 3.it's economy which is more than what a person can ask from a car of
      > its size and power.it consumes fuel same as a scotter(which is petrol
      > engine).
      > 4.the front seats provide good amount of lumber support.
      > 5.the rear seats provide space as much as an esteem.
      > 6.the lock to lock turning radius is same as zen 4.9
      > 7.being an deisel engine engine life is 3 times.
      > 8.the car has excellent leg room in front bucket seats.
      >

      > Areas of improvement:-
      > 1.the gear has some noise usually when putting 2nd or reverse gear.
      > 2.the engine noise is much more than a petrol engine but with windows
      > closed inner compartment become reasonably quite.
      >
      > I am very happy with TATA(telco) for making indica v2 a very cheap
      > and luxurious indigenious car.

    • rekha
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        Dear Shahi,
        I too had this problem in my Indica. On persistent queries from the Centre,
        I was informed that in winters, the oil takes longer time to warm up and
        the best remedy is to idle warm up the engine from 5 minutes and then
        proceed. But now the problem is not there, though I suspect sometimes while
        accelerating from 2nd to 3rd I still get this 'Kr. krr sound'. On confirming
        from TELCO, they say that it would gradually ease out with the rise in day
        temp.

        Whether i was fooled? I don't know, you advice
        sanjeev
        sanjeev@...

        http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      • shahi623@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
          Dear Sanjeev,
          Even after having driven for about 25-30 km (when I guess the engine is sufficiently warmed up) this sound persists. Besides I guess it has nothing to do with oil warming up it seems more of a sound related to some mechanical loose part or something - my guess is purely on the kind of sound that is heard.

          JP AUTOWORLD / Mr. Vijay Macahale: Could you throw any light on this please

          Shahi