Re: mettalic squeaking noise from below dashboard in centre of bonnet

  • ice_on_flame
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 1, 2007
      hi arun
      metallic noise most likely is due to loose v belts AC or fam belt.
      dear
      arvind upreti <arvind1965@...>
      if u read manual never shut a engine while car is running.
      reason power steering shuts off and vacuum assisted brakes

      become less effective they work but like mechanical brakes
      u need to push them real hard.

      same with the steering it will become real hard to steer
      and chances of locking it too if u take the key out.

      so please dont try all this stunts.

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, cool guy
      <cool_guy200320032003@...> wrote:

      > Hi arun,
      >
      > Most probably,Your silencer pipe is loose.To check this,please try
      to move or shake your car's exhaust pipe,while ignition is off.If you
      get same squeaking noise.Get your silencer pipe tightened.From my
      experience,This is the cause and it will solve ur problem.

      > Cool guy
      > Indica V2 DLE,2001,74,000kms,18-19km/L
      >
      > arun nair <arunarun1972@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > For the past few weeks i am getting this mettalic squeaking noise
      whenever i release the clutch quickly in second gear or accelarate
      suddenly in slow speed.
      > Feels like sound of rusty hinge. What could be the reason
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Arun Nair
      > (Indica Turbo Dlg - Mumbai - Oct 2006 , 12000kms)
      >
      > arvind upreti <arvind1965@...> wrote:
      > Dear All,
      >
      > I request all the new drivers to ensure that never,
      > NEVER,NEVER drive a car down a slope with engine shut
      > off.
      > This saturday caught in a traffic jam at Bandra
      > flyover accidently my engine shut off and I was not
      > aware , suddenly the car started rolling down and
      > instinctly I started braking thru my foot brake and
      > the car just rolled and banged a Scorpio from behind
      > damaging some areas near the number plate.
      > Had this situation been in some hill stations with
      > narrow roads it could have been LETHAL.
      > This is because the brakes are electronically operated
      > and they stop working the moment the engine is
      > switched off.(is this good or bad)
      > I had never experienced this with my old Matuti 800 as
      >
      > even when the engine is shut the barkes operate.
      > Arvind
      > Xeta Jan2007,4782km,11+kmpl mixed use

    • nadigar
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 2, 2007
        Yes Arvind.
        I faced this problem recently in a fuel station while getting the air
        checked.
        I had switched off the engine and applied hand brake while the
        vehicle stood on a sharp slope. I forgot to put the vehicle in gear
        additionally. When the operator asked me to move forward a bit, I
        just released the hand brake and the vehicle didn't stop with foot
        brake, it was just jammed! I got scared but somehow remembered in
        time to reapply hand brake. The vehicle stopped just short of banging
        a cab.

        Nadigar
        Xeta GLS Jul'07 - 3000km - 11kmpl city, 15kmpl highway with ~50% AC

        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, arvind upreti <arvind1965@...>

        > Make Yahoo! your homepage.
        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      • Srinivas Revankar
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 4, 2007
          thats true, when engine is off, its like driving a tractor, same case with strearing which becomes too hard to operate, the brakes and strearing wheel do operate when engine is off, but since we are used to smooth functioning of these its hard in situations like this

          nadigar <nadigar@...> wrote: Yes Arvind.