Re: TELCO doubles warranty period to 3 years : Feb 01, 2001

  • john_t_mathai@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi everybody,
      Don't you think that TELCO should give extended warranty to pre feb 2001 cars also. It is not fair on the initial buyers.
      john
      -- In indica-users@y..., "Dr Subrat Kar" <subrat@p...> wrote:

      > Telco doubled the warranty period on all Indica cars from Feb 1 by another
      > 18 months (total 36 months) on the payment of Rs.1800/-. This has appeared
      > as an advertisement in the Times of india Feb 1 2001 (Today).
      >
      > Congratulations, Telco.
      >
      > Had I been less humble, I would taken legitimate pride in my earlier email
      > suggesting this extension of warranty.
      >
      > Now, time for a bifuel Indica and a turbo-charged Indica.
      >
      > Subrat

      > From: "Dr.Subrat Kar" <subrat@p...>
      > Date: Tue May 30, 2000 11:55pm
      > Subject: Time for a bi-fuel Indica/Indica woes
      >

      > 1. It is time for Telco to introduce a bifuel (CNG/Petrol) Indica
      > 2000. That would be a killer product which is overdue.
      >
      > 2. In the recent past, I have read (with sadness) Alex's list of
      > problems and more recently Mr Anil Mehta's problems they have had
      > (and are having) with their Indicas. It seems so sad that Telco does
      > not seize this oppurtunity to smother them with lavish post-sales
      > support, soothe them with extended warranties (everyone gives a 2-
      > year warranty now), send them a engineer without their requesting for
      > one explicitly, make follow-up phone calls (Daewoo does), do a whole-
      > car replacement if necessary. Each disgruntled customer is too much
      > of a golden opportunity for the customer support section of Telco to
      > pass up. Each disgruntled customer must ultimately vent his feelings
      > and that venting must inevitably lead to reduced sales - who wants to
      > put money into a product where an owner openly complains ? Perhaps
      > more pro-active customer support is warranted here. I am happy with
      > my car but I have this strong feeling that is NOT an average feeling
      > among Indica customers.
      >
      > I had read of a incident where a Rolls Royce owner in Cairo sent out
      > an SOS for a defective part. The company flew out the part, fitted it
      > and refused to present the bill. "We cannot bill for a defective
      > part",was their contention,"we do not expect any of our parts to fail
      > during the lifetime of the car and have no billing policy for such
      > exigencies". Quality speaks for itself.
      >
      > Subrat
    • dbanerjee
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        This extension of warranty is only for new vehicle purchased after 01st Feb 2001 and not to existing Indica user's who
        has so far been only at the recieving end. I hope good sense will prevail on Telco and they will not discriminate
        between thier old & new users.
        I think more than anyone else , it is the old users of Indica cars who badly need this facilty.

        Dr Subrat Kar wrote:

        > Telco doubled the warranty period on all Indica cars from Feb 1 by another
        > 18 months (total 36 months) on the payment of Rs.1800/-. This has appeared
        > as an advertisement in the Times of india Feb 1 2001 (Today).
        >
        > Congratulations, Telco.
        >
        > Had I been less humble, I would taken legitimate pride in my earlier email
        > suggesting this extension of warranty.
        >
        > Now, time for a bifuel Indica and a turbo-charged Indica.
        >
        > Subrat

        > From: "Dr.Subrat Kar" <subrat@...>
        > Date: Tue May 30, 2000 11:55pm
        > Subject: Time for a bi-fuel Indica/Indica woes
        >
        > 1. It is time for Telco to introduce a bifuel (CNG/Petrol) Indica
        > 2000. That would be a killer product which is overdue.
        >
        > 2. In the recent past, I have read (with sadness) Alex's list of
        > problems and more recently Mr Anil Mehta's problems they have had
        > (and are having) with their Indicas. It seems so sad that Telco does
        > not seize this oppurtunity to smother them with lavish post-sales
        > support, soothe them with extended warranties (everyone gives a 2-
        > year warranty now), send them a engineer without their requesting for
        > one explicitly, make follow-up phone calls (Daewoo does), do a whole-
        > car replacement if necessary. Each disgruntled customer is too much
        > of a golden opportunity for the customer support section of Telco to
        > pass up. Each disgruntled customer must ultimately vent his feelings
        > and that venting must inevitably lead to reduced sales - who wants to
        > put money into a product where an owner openly complains ? Perhaps
        > more pro-active customer support is warranted here. I am happy with
        > my car but I have this strong feeling that is NOT an average feeling
        > among Indica customers.
        >
        > I had read of a incident where a Rolls Royce owner in Cairo sent out
        > an SOS for a defective part. The company flew out the part, fitted it
        > and refused to present the bill. "We cannot bill for a defective
        > part",was their contention,"we do not expect any of our parts to fail
        > during the lifetime of the car and have no billing policy for such
        > exigencies". Quality speaks for itself.
        >
        > Subrat

        > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
      • nandumenon
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
          I definitely agree with you and so will all the initial buyers, who had
          faith in the TATA brand.
          N.K.Menon
          > Don't you think that TELCO should give extended warranty to pre feb
          2001 cars also. It is not fair on the initial buyers.
          > john
          > -- In indica-users@y..., "Dr Subrat Kar" <subrat@p...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Telco doubled the warranty period on all Indica cars from Feb 1 by
          another
          > > 18 months (total 36 months) on the payment of Rs.1800/-. This has
          appeared
          > > as an advertisement in the Times of india Feb 1 2001 (Today).
          > >
          > > Congratulations, Telco.
          > >
          > > Had I been less humble, I would taken legitimate pride in my earlier
          email
          > > suggesting this extension of warranty.
          > >
          > > Now, time for a bifuel Indica and a turbo-charged Indica.
          > >
          > > Subrat

          > > From: "Dr.Subrat Kar" <subrat@p...>
          > > Date: Tue May 30, 2000 11:55pm
          > > Subject: Time for a bi-fuel Indica/Indica woes
          > >

          > > 1. It is time for Telco to introduce a bifuel (CNG/Petrol) Indica
          > > 2000. That would be a killer product which is overdue.
          > >
          > > 2. In the recent past, I have read (with sadness) Alex's list of
          > > problems and more recently Mr Anil Mehta's problems they have had
          > > (and are having) with their Indicas. It seems so sad that Telco does
          > > not seize this oppurtunity to smother them with lavish post-sales
          > > support, soothe them with extended warranties (everyone gives a 2-
          > > year warranty now), send them a engineer without their requesting for
          > > one explicitly, make follow-up phone calls (Daewoo does), do a whole-
          > > car replacement if necessary. Each disgruntled customer is too much
          > > of a golden opportunity for the customer support section of Telco to
          > > pass up. Each disgruntled customer must ultimately vent his feelings
          > > and that venting must inevitably lead to reduced sales - who wants to
          > > put money into a product where an owner openly complains ? Perhaps
          > > more pro-active customer support is warranted here. I am happy with
          > > my car but I have this strong feeling that is NOT an average feeling
          > > among Indica customers.
          > >
          > > I had read of a incident where a Rolls Royce owner in Cairo sent out
          > > an SOS for a defective part. The company flew out the part, fitted it
          > > and refused to present the bill. "We cannot bill for a defective
          > > part",was their contention,"we do not expect any of our parts to fail
          > > during the lifetime of the car and have no billing policy for such
          > > exigencies". Quality speaks for itself.
          > >
          > > Subrat

          > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
          http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

        • chetan
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
            WE ARE THE 1ST BUYERS OF INDICA AND FAITH IN TATA BUT NOW TATA IS NOT GIVING
            ANY PRIVILAGE TO US?????????????
            TELCO PEOPLE .... CHARGE MONEY FROM ALL INDICA,S UNDER WARRENTY AND GIVE
            EXTENSTION WARRNTY TO ALLL
            BYE