RE: [indica-users] Visit to Sameer Motors Karnal

  • amit.4.gupta@bt.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Prasada,

      I have been planning to go to Karnal since some time now, but it hasnt
      just materialized.
      Also I am occupied saturday till noon, so cant really make it this
      saturday.

      Might try next saturday ( have to get a dent removed you see ) , but
      since your work is important,
      so can't ask you to wait till next week.

      Please go ahead, and if some one accompanies you, all the better.

      And guys what say , next meet for NCR ?

      BTW was over to Lansdowne / Pauri / Khirsu last week end, ( Sunday -
      Tuesday ) 900 Kms , but not much to see /do.

      Just the hills / a few temples and that was it.
      But the military area was beautifully developed. Am planning a nainital
      do some time soon.

      lets see.

      regards
      Amit

      Indica DLG BSIII, Noida, 26 Aug 05, 29000 Kms Approx @ 16 kmpl (18.1KMPL
      Max)
      (M800 STD June 1994, Noida, 15 KMPL 100% AC in Summers)

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi Amit
        Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Glad that you plan to go there next week for the dent job. I got my dent job done there once (a Maruti Van lost control and banged my stationary car from behind causing deformation on the dicky) and believe me it is excellent. The boys put in their best efforts because we go there all the way from Delhi (as confided to me once by Vinay - the chief mechanic) and also because their bosses (Mr. Malik and Mr. Arun) verify the job done.
        That is the reason why I decide to go all the way to Karnal to replace my windshield ( it is a bit risky driving on highway with a broken windshield.....I will drive slow) another reason is that I have my insurance through Sameer Motors so that they will take care of everything.
        I also exploit their courtesy and browse through the Workshop manual - which I believe is never shown to a Customer.
        Prasad

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Mr. Prasad,

          I wud have joined you because my car service is also
          for due........

          But...as now I am in USA it will be not possible....

          TO update of here, I have rented a Chevrolet Cobalt
          for the week end and planning to cover at leat 200-300
          miles in surounding cities in Connecticut.

          Will see you all in TIUG meet after ret. back.

          Bye Jagdish

          --- PRASADA RAO <prasada5@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Any Delhi Member interested in a visit to Sameer
          > Motors (TASC) Karnal, please join me.
          > I am going there (an emergency visit) tomorrow
          > (Saturday 2 June) to get my
          > windshield replaced. It is broken yesterday
          > evening by a stone thrown by a street urchin.
          > I also owe a long and overdue message to the group
          > regarding the clutch cable and clutch assembly
          > replacement, fuel pump re-calibration and gearbox
          > overhauling (for first and second gear shifting
          > problems) done to my DLS in April and May and I
          > shall post the message soon. I am still waiting to
          > record the change in FE after the above works.
          > Regards
          > Prasada Rao
          > DLS Delhi Feb'04 56+K km 13kmpl city with AC (new
          > FE under observation)

          > removed]

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
        • PRASADA RAO
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
            Hi
            The proposed visit to Sameer Motors, Karnal on 07.07.07 now stands
            confirmed for Saturday 21.07.07.
            The change in date is to enable many more Delhi NCR friends to join.
            I am still compiling the list of contact numbers from Delhi NCR
            Please post the details to:
            prasada5@... or prasada.rao.iic@...

            Thanks
            Prasada Rao
            DLS; Delhi 06Feb04; Euro II; 58800 km;out of warranty; re-calibrated FIP; FE under observation -mainly city driving; fuel Indian Oil Extramile; new clutch pressure plates; Gear box overhaul for 1st gear shifting problem; Steering Power Pump bearing replaced for noise and wearing out - new bearing make SKF no. 6203 - by private mechanic

          • prabhakar_bajpai
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
              Thanks Prasada Rao for all the pain you are taking in organising this
              meet. My participation is confirmed and I am looking forward to
              meeting new friends.
              rgds
              prabhakar DLS/Delhi/Aug05/23500km/16km/l with AC city
              --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, PRASADA RAO <prasada5@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > The proposed visit to Sameer Motors, Karnal on 07.07.07 now stands
              > confirmed for Saturday 21.07.07.
              > The change in date is to enable many more Delhi NCR friends to join.
              > I am still compiling the list of contact numbers from Delhi NCR
              > Please post the details to:
              > prasada5@... or prasada.rao.iic@...
              >
              > Thanks
              > Prasada Rao
              > DLS; Delhi 06Feb04; Euro II; 58800 km;out of warranty;
              re-calibrated FIP; FE under observation -mainly city driving; fuel
              Indian Oil Extramile; new clutch pressure plates; Gear box overhaul
              for 1st gear shifting problem; Steering Power Pump bearing replaced
              for noise and wearing out - new bearing make SKF no. 6203 - by private
              mechanic

            • Amit Khullar
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
                21 July seems much better ;)

                I hope i will be touching mu servicing mark of 35K, so
                am also IN

                Hope to see Gautam , Achin sir & many more Delhi NCR
                members...

                Cheers !

                Amit Khullar

                Tata Indigo TDI, Dec 2005, 33350 Kms, 15.6 @ 80% AC.

                --- prabhakar_bajpai <prabhakar_bajpai@...>
                wrote:

                > Thanks Prasada Rao for all the pain you are taking
                > in organising this
                > meet. My participation is confirmed and I am looking
                > forward to
                > meeting new friends.
                > rgds
                > prabhakar DLS/Delhi/Aug05/23500km/16km/l with AC
                > city
                > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, PRASADA RAO
                > <prasada5@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi
                > > The proposed visit to Sameer Motors, Karnal on
                > 07.07.07 now stands
                > > confirmed for Saturday 21.07.07.
                > > The change in date is to enable many more Delhi
                > NCR friends to join.
                > > I am still compiling the list of contact numbers
                > from Delhi NCR
                > > Please post the details to:
                > > prasada5@... or prasada.rao.iic@...
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Prasada Rao
                > > DLS; Delhi 06Feb04; Euro II; 58800 km;out of
                > warranty;
                > re-calibrated FIP; FE under observation -mainly city
                > driving; fuel
                > Indian Oil Extramile; new clutch pressure plates;
                > Gear box overhaul
                > for 1st gear shifting problem; Steering Power Pump
                > bearing replaced
                > for noise and wearing out - new bearing make SKF no.
                > 6203 - by private
                > mechanic

                > removed]

                Amit Khullar

                Alternate Email I.D.- khullaramit@...

                If at first YOU don't Succeed, redefine SUCCESS !

                http://tv.yahoo.com/
              • Achin Juneja
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 6, 2007

                  > DLS; Delhi 06Feb04; Euro II; 58800 km;out of warranty; re-
                  calibrated FIP; FE under observation -mainly city driving; fuel Indian
                  Oil Extramile; new clutch pressure plates; Gear box overhaul for 1st
                  gear shifting problem; Steering Power Pump bearing replaced for noise
                  and wearing out - new bearing make SKF no. 6203 - by private mechanic

                  That is the most comprehensive signature I have ever seen --- one-shot
                  history of your car. Wonderful.

                  drive safe,
                  Achin Juneja
                • Cherian Samuel
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 6, 2007
                    Hi Prasada,
                    I was hoping against hope that the Meetup would be postponed to a more
                    favourable date so that I could also attend:-) Looks like my prayers
                    have been answered.
                    Re. my telecon with you earlier in the week regarding a new battery, I
                    finally bought an Exide Max MF(EM60R) for Rs. 2800 (without
                    exchange... the old battery went to the chowkidar to power his TV:-)
                    Best
                    Cherian
                    Indica V2 DLS,Oct.2004, 22k, 15km/l
                    --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, PRASADA RAO <prasada5@...> wrote:

                    > Hi
                    > The proposed visit to Sameer Motors, Karnal on 07.07.07 now stands
                    > confirmed for Saturday 21.07.07.
                    > The change in date is to enable many more Delhi NCR friends to join.
                    > I am still compiling the list of contact numbers from Delhi NCR
                    > Please post the details to:
                    > prasada5@... or prasada.rao.iic@...
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Prasada Rao
                    > DLS; Delhi 06Feb04; Euro II; 58800 km;out of warranty;
                    re-calibrated FIP; FE under observation -mainly city driving; fuel
                    Indian Oil Extramile; new clutch pressure plates; Gear box overhaul
                    for 1st gear shifting problem; Steering Power Pump bearing replaced
                    for noise and wearing out - new bearing make SKF no. 6203 - by private
                    mechanic

                  • Prasada Rao
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4, 2008
                      Making an unscheduled visit to Sameer Motor on 4 July Saturday
                      (tomorrow) as abnormal thud thud sounds from the right front side have
                      been diagnosed as shocker probs in my car and require some attention
                      as early as possible. The visit shall also be utilised for 80K service
                      (current odo is 78540).
                      Anybody willing to come shall be rewarded with a Pizza at Savoy Greens!
                      Thanks and regards

                      Prasada Rao
                      DLS 2004 15kmpl with AC city Indianoil