Re: [indica-users] Re: NCR Members / Chance of TIUG MEET

  • PRASADA RAO
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
      Ok, to ensure the presence of every member from NCR (including Rajeev ) let us meet
      on 24th February which is 4th saturday and also perhaps holiday for many.
      I noted many new names from NCR, I request them to comeforward and vote please.
      Prasada Rao

      us freight express <delhi@...> wrote:
      Dear ALL,

      17/Feb/2007 is also fine with me.

      Regards,

      Gautam Handa
      =============

    • Rajiv Kumar
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Prasada,

        Thanks for rescue :-).......

        I will love to meet you all, and I am on for 24th Feb...

        Cheers......
        Rajiv
        http://www.wheelsandroads.com
        Indica DLS 2002 Mar , 77000KM, 15 KM/L(No AC). Delhi/Gurgaon (19-21 KM/L
        on Highways)
        "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money.
        Then take half the clothes and twice the money." -- Susan Heller

      • amit.4.gupta@bt.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hi Prasada,

          Might give that a miss as that is around my Wedding Anniversary and am
          sure you want me happy ;-) for the rest of my life !!!!

          But will make that up in the next meet !

          Regards
          Amit

          ________________________________

          http://www.wheelsandroads.com <http://www.wheelsandroads.com>

          <mailto:delhi%40usfreightexpress.com> > wrote:
          > Dear ALL,
          >
          > 17/Feb/2007 is also fine with me.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Gautam Handa
          > =============

          <mailto:indica-users-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> .
          http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
          <http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html>

          > See our FAQ by BLOG -
          http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=reportR
          ows&tbl=13
          <http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=report
          Rows&tbl=13>
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • jagdish karki
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
            Hi Everyone,

            For me also 17th is fine as I may be going on a long
            trip to Vaishno Devi during 24th on my Indica with
            Family and frnd.

            Regrds,

            Jagdish singh karki

            --- PRASADA RAO <prasada5@...> wrote:

            > Ok, to ensure the presence of every member from NCR
            > (including Rajeev ) let us meet
            > on 24th February which is 4th saturday and also
            > perhaps holiday for many.
            > I noted many new names from NCR, I request them to
            > comeforward and vote please.
            > Prasada Rao
            >
            > us freight express <delhi@...>
            > wrote:
            > Dear ALL,
            >
            > 17/Feb/2007 is also fine with me.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Gautam Handa
            > =============

            > removed]

            Need Mail bonding?
          • Rajiv Kumar
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2007
              Hi Jagdish,

              Where are you located? Is this your first trip by car to Vaishno Devi?
              Because I am located in Gurgoan and last Dec (24-Dec-2006) I decided for
              Vaishno Devi on my Indica, but then we switched to Bus as number of
              people increased to 25 starting with 4.

              Later I realized that the decision to go by bus was good, because near
              and after Pathankot roads are very bad.

              In any case if you plan to go, I suggest plan to cover the stretch near
              and after Pathankot in day time.

              By the way the Volvo bus we hired was excellent with lots of leg space,
              and on board movies. But you loose the flexibility of stopping at your wish.

              We payed 2500 per person, including, Bus, Pickup from Gurgaon, Dinner
              while going, Hotel Stay, and Lunch at hotel..It was from Rao Travels.....

              And Let me tell you....Every service from Food to hotel was worst except
              the BUS, which was excellent.

              try reading : http://www.wheelsandroads.com/VaishnoDevi.php

              jagdish karki wrote:
              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > For me also 17th is fine as I may be going on a long
              > trip to Vaishno Devi during 24th on my Indica with
              > Family and frnd.
              >

              > Regrds,
              >
              > Jagdish singh karki
              >

              > --- PRASADA RAO <prasada5@...> wrote:
              >

              >> Ok, to ensure the presence of every member from NCR
              >> (including Rajeev ) let us meet
              >> on 24th February which is 4th saturday and also
              >> perhaps holiday for many.
              >> I noted many new names from NCR, I request them to
              >> comeforward and vote please.
              >> Prasada Rao
              >>
              >> us freight express <delhi@...>
              >> wrote:
              >> Dear ALL,
              >>
              >> 17/Feb/2007 is also fine with me.
              >>
              >> Regards,
              >>
              >> Gautam Handa
              >> =============

              >> removed]

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jagdish karki
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 3, 2007
                Hi Rajiv,

                I had read you complete writeup on the trip...It was
                good experience.

                I have visted Vaishno Devi two times by train and Bus.

                I live at Shipra sun city, Ghaziabad..and as suggested
                by you..n myself has planned to cover up to Jammu
                during the day light.....

                As I like to travel in my car only......n there will
                only two couples so I want to take on the trip....by
                car.

                Let us see when we TIUG members meet up ..probably on
                17th at karnal if most of you agree on that daTE.

                Happy Driving
                Jagdish,

                Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                Access over 1 million songs.
                http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
              • Rajiv Kumar
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 3, 2007
                  Hi Jagdish,

                  I share with your feelings of preferring to driving in own car....

                  Actually I will not be able to makeup on 17th as I am out of
                  Delhi....But will positively makeup next time.

                  jagdish karki wrote:
> [...]
                  >> Indica DLS 2002 Mar , 77000KM, 15 KM/L(No AC).
                  >> Delhi/Gurgaon (19-21 KM/L
                  >> on Highways)
                  >> "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes
                  >> and all your money.
                  >> Then take half the clothes and twice the money." --
                  >> Susan Heller
                  >>
                  >> jagdish karki wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Hi Everyone,
                  >>>
                  >>> For me also 17th is fine as I may be going on a
                  >>>
                  >> long
                  >>
                  >>> trip to Vaishno Devi during 24th on my Indica with
                  >>> Family and frnd.
                  >>>

                  >>> Regrds,
                  >>>
                  >>> Jagdish singh karki

                  >> NCR

                  >>> Need Mail bonding?
                  >>> Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from
                  >>>
                  >> Yahoo! Answers users.

                  >>> To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
                  >>> For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:

                • Cherian Samuel
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 13, 2007
                    Hi NCR members,
                    Just wondering if a date has been finalised for the TIUG meet in
                    Karnal...I think the choice was between 17th and 24th of Feb...I would
                    personally prefer the 17th...
                    Cheers
                    Cherian
                    Indica V2 DLS Oct 2004, 16km/l, 19k

                    -- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Rajiv Kumar <rkbharat@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > >> hotel was worst except
                    > >> the BUS, which was excellent.
                    > >>
                    > >> try reading :
                    > >> http://www.wheelsandroads.com/VaishnoDevi.php
                    > >>
                    > >> Cheers......
                    > >> Rajiv
                    > >> http://www.wheelsandroads.com
                    > >> Indica DLS 2002 Mar , 77000KM, 15 KM/L(No AC).
                    > >> Delhi/Gurgaon (19-21 KM/L
                    > >> on Highways)
                    > >> "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes
                    > >> and all your money.
                    > >> Then take half the clothes and twice the money." --
                    > >> Susan Heller

                    > >> long

                    > >> NCR

                    > >> Yahoo! Answers users.
                    > >>
                    > > http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091

                    > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                    > > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:

                  • Achin Juneja
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 13, 2007
                      Hi Cherian,
                      17th Feb. at Karnal is final, as discussed with Mr. Prasada Rao on 10th. We
                      plan to have another meet after Rajiv gets back from MP.
                      Can NCR members please confirm participation on 17th ?

                      Drive safe,
                      Achin Juneja

                      ________

                      > > > http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091

                      > > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                      tbl=13

                      > > > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
                      > http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
                      > > > See our FAQ by BLOG -

                      tbl=13

                      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
                      http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
                      > See our FAQ by BLOG -
                      http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=reportRows&
                      tbl=13
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • prabhakar_bajpai
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 13, 2007
                        pls count me in for 17th at Karnal
                        regards
                        prabhakar DLS Aug,05 17000kms 16.5km/l
                        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Achin Juneja" <achinjuneja@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hi Cherian,
                        > 17th Feb. at Karnal is final, as discussed with Mr. Prasada Rao on
                        10th. We
                        > plan to have another meet after Rajiv gets back from MP.
                        > Can NCR members please confirm participation on 17th ?
                        >
                        > Drive safe,
                        > Achin Juneja
                      • us freight express
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 14, 2007
                          Dear All,

                          I will be there on 17/ FEB/2007.

                          Regards,

                          Gautam Handa
                          =============
                        • jagdish karki
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 14, 2007
                            Hi Everyone,

                            I am also in for 17th and by my plan I may be reaching
                            there 9 to 9:30 AM for service and meet.

                            Is this time right and when all of u will be reaching
                            there?

                            I have address of sameer motors but any clue from
                            highway please?

                            I have counted 5 members till now including me to meet
                            at Karnal

                            Jagdish,
                            HR 01R 6409
                            ph:9811639680

                            --- Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Cherian,
                            > 17th Feb. at Karnal is final, as discussed with Mr.
                            > Prasada Rao on 10th. We
                            > plan to have another meet after Rajiv gets back from
                            > MP.
                            > Can NCR members please confirm participation on 17th
                            > ?
                            >
                            > Drive safe,
                            > Achin Juneja

                            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
                          • prabhakar_bajpai
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 14, 2007
                              Hello Mr. Karki,
                              There will be around 6 members from the group and we all reach there
                              between 09:30 to 11:00 hrs. Starting early also ensures that you
                              avoid the traffic rush on the highway perticularly at Panipat.Apart
                              from the normal servicing, if you have any other issues then pls list
                              them out. following are the directions to reach Karnal
                              (courtesy Achnin Sir)
                              Reach the Azadpur - Rohini Outer Ring Road Traffic Light, from where
                              NH-1 to
                              Ambala & Chandigarh starts.
                              1) From West & South Delhi, take ring road ---- Hyatt---> Dhaula Kuan-
                              -->
                              Naraina---> Mayapuri flyovers---> Raja Garden Flyovers---> Punjabi
                              Bagh
                              flyovers---->Lawrence Road flyovers--->Wazirpur Bus Depot. From here
                              you
                              have 2 options :
                              a) Go straight till Azadpur & then take left, which is NH-1, and
                              continue on
                              NH-1 till the border, following the Blue overhead signs.
                              b) Turn left at Wazirpur Depot towards Pitampura, keep going till
                              Madhuban
                              Chowk (after 4 traffic lights) & turn right there onto Outer Ring
                              Road,
                              which brings you to the Rohini - Azadpur Traffic light. Turn left
                              here onto
                              NH-1, & continue till the border, as in (a)
                              .2) From Noida & Faridabad, take ring road till ISBT, continue
                              straight onto
                              outer ring road, & keep going till you reach the Rohini-Azadpur
                              Traffic
                              Light. Turn right here onto NH-1 & continue on to the border. (You
                              can't
                              miss the huge blue overhead signs at the Rohini Traffic light).
                              3) From Central Delhi, reach Willingdon Hospital, take Shankar Road
                              from the
                              round-about, continue --->Rajinder Nagar---> Patel Nagar---> Shadipur
                              Bus
                              Depot--->Kirtinagar T.light---->MotiNagar T.Light--->Punjabi Bagh
                              (ring
                              road). At this point you have to take left, go 300m, take U-turn
                              under the
                              flyover, & you are on the ring road at the Punjabi Bagh stretch, as
                              in (1)
                              above.

                              After the border, the distances are as follows : (6-lane expressway
                              all the
                              way, upper speed limit 90 kmph, speed checking radar very frequent,
                              no toll
                              points)
                              Border--->Murthal (Lots of Dhabas) 20 kms.
                              Murthal--->Samalkha 20 kms.
                              Samalkha---> Panipat 18 kms
                              Panipat--->Gharonda 20 kms
                              Gharonda--->Madhuban Haryana Armed Police Complex 9 kms
                              Madhuban---> Sameer Motors 5 kms. (After Karnal Motors--Maruti
                              Showroom, on
                              the Left).

                              For members driving on the NH-1 for the first time, some tips :
                              a) Try & keep in the centre lane.
                              b) Overtake carefully, after making sure nobody is coming up from
                              behind on
                              your right or left.
                              c) Carry 2 or 3 bottles of drinking water.
                              d) Watch out for stray 2-wheelers, Tractor-Trolleys & cattle coming
                              out
                              suddenly from the divider, or from the left verge.

                              We will miss Amit, Rajiv and Nishant this time.
                              see you in Karnal.
                              kind regards
                              prabhakar DLS Delhi Aug,05 17000kms 16.5km/l

                              --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, jagdish karki
                              <karki_jagdish@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone,
                              >
                              > I am also in for 17th and by my plan I may be reaching
                              > there 9 to 9:30 AM for service and meet.
                              >
                              > Is this time right and when all of u will be reaching
                              > there?
                              >
                              > I have address of sameer motors but any clue from
                              > highway please?
                              >
                              > I have counted 5 members till now including me to meet
                              > at Karnal
                              >
                              > Jagdish,
                              > HR 01R 6409
                              > ph:9811639680
                              >
                              > --- Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Hi Cherian,
                              > > 17th Feb. at Karnal is final, as discussed with Mr.
                              > > Prasada Rao on 10th. We
                              > > plan to have another meet after Rajiv gets back from
                              > > MP.
                              > > Can NCR members please confirm participation on 17th
                              > > ?
                              > >
                              > > Drive safe,
                              > > Achin Juneja

                              ______________

                            • PRASADA RAO
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 14, 2007
                                That was a very nice description. Thank you Prabhakarji and Achinji.
                                Sorry for my long silence. Was unable to log in.
                                17th Feb is a perfect day to meet at Karnal.
                                Come on all the NCR folks, where are you hiding?
                                we are only 6 so far.
                                Meet you all at Karnal
                                Regards
                                Prasad

                                <karki_jagdish@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Everyone,
                                >
                                > I am also in for 17th and by my plan I may be reaching
                                > there 9 to 9:30 AM for service and meet.
                                >
                                > Is this time right and when all of u will be reaching
                                > there?
                                >
                                > I have address of sameer motors but any clue from
                                > highway please?
                                >
                                > I have counted 5 members till now including me to meet
                                > at Karnal
                                >
                                > Jagdish,
                                > HR 01R 6409
                                > ph:9811639680
                                >
                                > --- Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Hi Cherian,
                                > > 17th Feb. at Karnal is final, as discussed with Mr.
                                > > Prasada Rao on 10th. We
                                > > plan to have another meet after Rajiv gets back from
                                > > MP.
                                > > Can NCR members please confirm participation on 17th
                                > > ?
                                > >
                                > > Drive safe,
                                > > Achin Juneja

                                ______________

                              • us freight express
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 14, 2007
                                  Dear All,

                                  Even my fourth service is due, i am touching 20,750 Kms, can some one cnfm
                                  that wether it would be a free service or I have to pay for it my car is 2
                                  1/2 years old.

                                  I also plan to get my service done there at the meet.

                                  Regards,

                                  Gautam Handa
                                • Achin Juneja
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 15, 2007
                                    Hi Gautam,
                                    4th free service at 20k kms has to be availed of within 18 months.
                                    After that it is chargeable.

                                    Drive safe,
                                    Achin Juneja

                                    --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "us freight express"