Indica in South Africa .... felt proud

  • Nitin Tabib
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Just returned from Johannesburg ... was there for about 10 days.
      And amoung a lot of top class cars stood our Indica Petrol.
      I saw them in dozens, with many firangs driving ... and felt very
      proud. Santro is also sold there, with a different branding. It is
      called ATOS there.

      But believe me guys, the Indica looked chic ... representing Indian
      auto :-)

      Apart from Indica, Tatas are big into trucks there. In fact, I heard
      they've taken over a Nissan plant in Joeburg.

      Way to go TATA!!

      BTW, Indian driving license is OK there. The traffic is like
      India/UK and all cars are RHD. Small roads, no traffic, but everyone
      follows rules even when there is no-one else on the road.

      Cheers,
      Nitin
    • Mahesh Kale
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Nitin

        From the initial look of the email, I was wondering what did you find in
        S.Africa that made you proud, at such a time, when the Indian cricket team
        is doing so badly.

        Upon reading your mail completely, I am amazed and feel proud too that
        Indica is doing well in other markets outside India as well.

        I hope my first sentence does not spark off a tangential debate on cricket
        :-)

        Good to know about Indica nevertheless.

        Regards
        Mahesh
        (BS-II, Jan2004, 22K Kms, ~15 Kmpl, Bangalore City)