Re: [indica-users] Hyperactive fan

  • George M. Koikara
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi Achin,

      Thanks Achin for your reply.
      > Do you mean that when you move the key back to the
      > IGN position after
      > switching off, the fan starts again ?
      Yes. That is what is happening. When I switch the
      engine off and then move the key back to IGN position
      the fan starts again. I usually do this at traffic
      stops if I have to wait for the signal for a long
      time. But I did not observe this behaviour until
      recently.

      If I cold start the engine then the fan is not
      started, so I guess it has to do something with the
      coolant temperature as you suggested. I am not sure if
      it really is a problem or whether I am just being
      paranoid :) But it does make an awful lot of noise.

      Thanks,
      George
      DLG Turbo May'06 800km

      http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

    • sudhanshu.deshpande@tatatechnologies.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
        Dear George,

        Normally the fans in these cars are not noisy. Get yours checked for
        balance. In case the fins have got bent, it will create vibrations when
        the fan turns at the high rpm.

        Thanks and Regards,

        Sudhanshu Deshpande

        Indica DLX 2000 - Pune - 135000kms - 10.5kmpl.

        "Before code can be reusable it first has to be usable." Ralph Johnson

        ________________________________

        "uk.messenger.yahoo.com" claiming to be http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
        <http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com>

        > > To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
        <mailto:indica-users-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> .

        "www.yahoogroups.com" claiming to be
        http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
        <http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html>

        > > See our FAQ by BLOG -

        MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
        "autos.groups.yahoo.com" claiming to be
        http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=reportR
        ows&
        <http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=report
        Rows&>
        > tbl=13
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is
        > radically easier to use" - The Wall Street Journal
        > MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
        "uk.docs.yahoo.com" claiming to be
        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
        <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html>

        Send instant messages to your online friends MailScanner has
        detected a possible fraud attempt from "uk.messenger.yahoo.com" claiming
        to be http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com <http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com>

        Email Disclaimer:
        Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential,proprietary, and legally privileged data of Tata Technologies that is intended for use only by the addressee.If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.You are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator.Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of Tata Technologies.While this e-mail has been checked for all known viruses, the addressee should also scan for viruses.Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.Tata Technologies does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.To know more about Tata Technologiesplease visit http://www.tatatechnologies.com