Re: K/A Dr Rajesh! Sun Control Film Advise!

  • Sameer Atre
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi Amit,

      Garware films are Ok for windows.
      However I do no recommend them for the windshield bcos here you need
      to have maximum comfort during night driving.

      On my Indica turbo I have

      1. Llumar film (I am sorry I do not know the Part No) on windows
      costing Rs 2000 /-.
      2. On the front windshield I have Llumar PP60 costing Rs 4200 /-.

      I am very much impressed by ther performance of these films
      especially the one on the front windshield. It feels as though the car
      has been fitted with a transperent Ray-ban avaitor googles. Aboslutly
      no glare and there is a dramatic gain in heat reduction.

      So while you may explore other options for the windows I would
      strongly recommend PP60 from Llumar for the indica front shield.

      Sameer Atre - Pune - Indica Turbo DLX - Mar 06 - 2000 km - 17 kpl -
      overall.

      Regards,
      sameer
    • amit.4.gupta@bt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thanks Sameer,

        Will get back to you later in the week, after I have it on my car!

        Thanks & regards
        Amit

        _____

[...]

        For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
        http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
        See our FAQ by BLOG -
        http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=reportR
        ows&tbl=13

        Automotive form
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Automotive+form&w1=Automotive+form&
        w2=Automotive+maintenance&w3=Automotive+radiators&c=3&s=75&.sig=rrz5OjN1
        qTUJVTongBhZQA> Automotive maintenance
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Automotive+maintenance&w1=Automotiv
        e+form&w2=Automotive+maintenance&w3=Automotive+radiators&c=3&s=75&.sig=t
        MV8hGpVBsTAyqu6gfEMFA> Automotive radiators
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Automotive+radiators&w1=Automotive+
        form&w2=Automotive+maintenance&w3=Automotive+radiators&c=3&s=75&.sig=lWs
        OE2pcl9Iy-wfof8TmiA>

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "indica-users
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users> " on the web.

        _____

      • Dr T R Rajesh Kumar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006

          Sorry for this delay as I was not in town for a day.

          > Any idea as to the cost of these ( Garware ) as you already have
          > them in your marina ?

          I had paid Rs 1500 for the Marina. It covers all the windows except
          the front windshield. This was light grey with 70% light passing
          through. Though you can have upto 50% for the side glasses, in the
          present driving conditions, I would not advise you to have dark film
          on your side glasses. It does hamper visibility in night travel.

          I had Garware for the front windshield in the Viva. I had paid Rs
          2250. Though it was without tint, I did think it did distort my vision
          in the rainy season. Though there was slight reduction in heat
          absorption (though may be a mental thing), there was absolutley no
          effect in the night.

          > Am planning to buy a pack and have it cut in front of me, rather
          > than just get it done by my driver ! ( Maybe Im being a bit paranoid
          > here )

          In the present competetive world of car accessories, the prices do not
          vary that much, in my experience.

          > Also have read that there is a film for the front Wind Shield too
          > but costly.

          What you can try is have a piece of it put on the front shield for
          trial purposes and check.

          For the past 10 years or more, I have a regular guy for accessories. I
          go to him and tell him what all I need to put. I go with his
          suggestions within my budget. I have a bad habit of not bargaining.
          But I have never felt cheated and none of the stuff I have out in ever
          gave me cause of concern. All that I ever had to change was a central
          locking actuator and was changed free of charge without questions. It
          certainly pays to stick to a guy and build rapport with him.

          Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
          (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 10385 kms, 14.25 kpl, KL 04 T7722, 48km/day)
          (Innova V Diesel, Jun 05, 12204 kms, 12.37 kpl, KL 04 S6336, 36km/day)