RE: [indica-users] Re: Indica-premature wearing out of tyres

  • Gupta, Neeraj
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi Anil,

      I have had to change my tube twice so far. On both occasions, it was on
      account of a puncture and the the nozzle uprooted from the tube.

      I guess we will have to be careful about this since it is a very heavy
      vehicle.

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2000
        Hi All

        The tyre wear out problem seems to be the biggest problem with the Indica
        today after the squeaking of the belt which TELCO claims to have sorted out.

        The front tyres of my Dle (MH 01 Y 7124) have also worn out after 9000 Kms.
        in line with Anil's car. Ironically, the wheels were aligned with every
        servicing (three so far) by M/s United Motors, Mumbai. Incidentally, the
        rear tyres are in good shape. I will however not hesitate to mention that I
        had no problems with the car ( 13 months old) so far except now for this
        wearing of tyres.

        This problem which it appears has assumed serious proportions cannot be
        taken hands down.

        So, friends what is the recourse?? Is replacement being undertaken by TELCO
        dealers?? Please advise...

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • postmaster@ybil.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 8, 2001
          Delivery Failure Report

          Your Re: [indica-users] Re: Indica-premature wearing out of tyres
          document:

          was not venug/fac/Ybl
          delivered to
          :

          because: Router: Unable to open mailbox file FAC/FAC/YBL mail.box:
          Server not responding

          corp/Ybl, corp/Ybl

          ________________________

          To: indica-users@yahoogroups.com
          cc:
          From: indica-users@yahoogroups.com
          Date: 03/08/2001 11:46:01 PM GMT

          ----------
          > From: T.Madasamy <madasamyt@...>
          > To: 'indica-users@egroups.com'
          > Subject: [indica-users] Re: Indica-premature wearing out of tyres
          > Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 1:51 AM
          >
          > Hi Anil,
          >
          > according to the manual, if the outer part wears out faster, then it's
          due
          > to under-pressure; and the other way around if the centre part wears out.
          >
          > guess maintaining air pressure and checking it more frequently might
          help.

          > Madasamy
          >
          > --- In indica-users@egroups.com, mehta anil <mehtaan@b...> wrote:
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > The outer part of my DLE's rear tyre ( the tyre away from the driver
          > side -
          > > is it called the lhs side ) is wearing out faster than the cente /
          > inner
          > > parts of the same tyre. The tread is almost finished !
          > >
          > > Does anyone have a similar experiences ? Causes / remedies ?
          > >
          > > Anil

          For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
          http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

        • R. K. JAIN
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 8, 2001
            ----------

          • shahi623@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 26, 2001
              Anil,
              I am not sure if +ve /-ve canter holds good for rear tyres as well. You may visit cybersteering.com and search for tyre maintenance.
              Alternatively You couldask the guy at "The Tyre Shoppe" at B - 34, SECTOR 5. I vaguley remember this about the canter adjustment.
              YOU MAY LIKE TO CHECK THIS OUT

              Regards,

            • shahi623@netscape.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 26, 2001