INDICA Haters or Bluffers

  • phgupta1
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1 2:00 AM
      This has ref.to a news item in Times Of India on 31st March "Festive
      spirit sends car sales zooming" by Byas Anand (Or Bias Anand)He has
      created an impression in his item that all other cars from
      Maruti,Hyundai,GM and Honda were sold except Indica.Whereas on a news
      chennel on 31st evening a Indica dealer was reporting surge in the
      sales.Why these so called ""Auto experts"" are so biased against
      Indica?
      I know a popular(?)auto site where it's expert always suggests
      prosperous buyers to go for Matuti.[He seems to be fond of Esteem]
      Whereas thousands of Indica owners on TIUG and outside are so happy
      with their prized possesion,why these experts are not? Haven't Tatas
      thought about keeping these expert journalists happy?(Everybody knows
      how to keep journos happy).In my opinion,If you stand at any junction
      of a main road,you will see atleast 1 Indica in every 5-7 cars plying
      on the road.Then why can't these so called experts see it?
      Dr.Pravin H.Gupta/DLX/Dec.05/9025 kms/19-20 kmpl[with 50-60%A.C.]
    • Rhishikesh
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1 7:33 AM
        Hello,
        Indica in all forms is a "Value for money" car, whaterver that means
        is that it will do most things good. While it is good for most,
        experts have a tendancy of suggesting cars to maintain their
        reputation, so they suggest the M.. brand of cars, as they are most
        customer friendly.

        I had deliberated for about a month on the following cars:
        1. Alto LXi
        2. Alto Vxi
        3. Fiat Palio
        4. Indica LSi
        5. Indica DLE
        6. 2'nd hand Esteem with CNG kit.

        After deliberation, I zeroed on the DLE/ DLS on Cost price V/s space,
        Comfort, fuel efficiency, and Diesel running costs.

        Having joined the forum before purchase, I had already prepared myself
        for any issues with the car, as they seem to be quite common.

        Some people would prefer a car that would not give such issues, these
        people are better off buying Hyundais and Marutis.

        Regards,

        Rhishikesh
        DLS White, Jan 2004, Surat, 24500 km, GJ5CB4126)

        > This has ref.to a news item in Times Of India on 31st March "Festive
        > spirit sends car sales zooming" by Byas Anand (Or Bias Anand)....

        Haven't Tatas
        > thought about keeping these expert journalists happy?(Everybody
        knows
        > how to keep journos happy).In my opinion,If you stand at any
        junction
        > of a main road,you will see atleast 1 Indica in every 5-7 cars
        plying
        > on the road.Then why can't these so called experts see it?
        > Dr.Pravin H.Gupta/DLX/Dec.05/9025 kms/19-20 kmpl[with 50-60%A.C.]

      • Ashish Gour
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2 4:42 AM
          Guptaji
          Yeh auto journalists keval naam ke hain, most of them are have no automobile related professional qualification. In short chalti ka nam gadi! koi bhi auto mag utha ke dekh lijiye indica ki sales figs upar se 2nd ya 3rd no. par hoti hain. 6 sal se indica chala raha hoon 65000 kms done still the car goes upto 125 with a/c gives 18 w/o ac local. Agli gadi-- indigo lx koi competition hi nahi hai sahab!!
          Ashish Gour
          DLE 2000 jun DL3CQ5698 18 KPL W/O AC

          phgupta1 <kunalpgupta@...> wrote:
[...]

          For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

          ---------------------------------

        • Arvind K
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 2 9:06 AM
            Hello Ashish ,

            It would be salutary if you could send your mails in
            english rather than using hindi phrases which are
            difficult to comprehend.

            Regards,
            Arvind K

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Dr.Pravin H.Gupta
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 2 10:10 AM
              Dear Mr.Arvind K.
              Do you know - Hindi is our national language i.e.Rashtra-Bhasha.If you are
              located at south India then,
              Why are you trying to put North-South division in TIUG ?
              > It would be salutary if you could send your mails in
              > english rather than using hindi phrases which are
              > difficult to comprehend.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Arvind K
              > Indica V2 Lsi 6010Kms , 11Kmpl avg.(100% A/C)
              > --- Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Guptaji
              > > Yeh auto journalists keval naam ke hain, most of
              > > them are have no automobile related professional
              > > qualification. In short chalti ka nam gadi! koi bhi
              > > auto mag utha ke dekh lijiye indica ki sales figs
              > > upar se 2nd ya 3rd no. par hoti hain. 6 sal se
              > > indica chala raha hoon 65000 kms done still the car
              > > goes upto 125 with a/c gives 18 w/o ac local. Agli
              > > gadi-- indigo lx koi competition hi nahi hai sahab!!
              > > Ashish Gour
              > > DLE 2000 jun DL3CQ5698 18 KPL W/O AC
              > >
              > > phgupta1 <kunalpgupta@...> wrote:
              > > This has ref.to a news item in Times Of India on
              > > 31st March "Festive
              > > spirit sends car sales zooming" by Byas Anand (Or
              > > Bias Anand)He has
              > > created an impression in his item that all other
              > > cars from
              > > Maruti,Hyundai,GM and Honda were sold except
              > > Indica.Whereas on a news
              > > chennel on 31st evening a Indica dealer was
              > > reporting surge in the
              > > sales.Why these so called ""Auto experts"" are so
              > > biased against
              > > Indica?
              > > I know a popular(?)auto site where it's expert
              > > always suggests
              > > prosperous buyers to go for Matuti.[He seems to be
              > > fond of Esteem]
              > > Whereas thousands of Indica owners on TIUG and
              > > outside are so happy
              > > with their prized possesion,why these experts are
              > > not? Haven't Tatas
              > > thought about keeping these expert journalists
              > > happy?(Everybody knows
              > > how to keep journos happy).In my opinion,If you
              > > stand at any junction
              > > of a main road,you will see atleast 1 Indica in
              > > every 5-7 cars plying
              > > on the road.Then why can't these so called experts
              > > see it?
              > > Dr.Pravin H.Gupta/DLX/Dec.05/9025 kms/19-20
              > > kmpl[with 50-60%A.C.]
              > >

              > > To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
              > > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
              > >
              > http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
              > >
              > > See our FAQ by BLOG -

              tbl=13

              > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              > >

              > > ---------------------------------

              > > removed]

              > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
              http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
              > See our FAQ by BLOG -
              http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-users/database?method=reportRows&
              tbl=13
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • anil daniel
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2 12:00 PM
                Hi Dr. Pravin, Aravind and Ashish,

                First, Ashish send a mail in Hindi..That is fine..He
                has his right.

                Arvind sends a mail saying it is difficult for him to
                understand...Even that is fine...He has his right.

                Now Pravin sends mail saying others are trying to
                bring in North South Division...That is defenitely not
                fare......Some might not understand hindi not because
                he is from south or north, it is because he has not
                learnt it for some reason..That does not mean the he
                should reply politely to the other guy saying, in a
                public forum like this, it would be better u to use a
                language that everyone understand. Please note that
                this group has a few foreign nationals who use the
                Indica...Hence, let anyone write any mails in their
                language (if he wishes rest of the community should
                understand it)and others understand if they can...But
                kindly do not blow off something simple like this into
                a big issue...Hope u could understand what I am trying
                to say here.

                Regards
                Anil Daniel
                DLG-/2005 May/13000 KM/14.5-19 KM/L /Bangalore
                DLS-/2001 March/1.06 Lakhs KM/14-19 Km/L /Calicut /89K KM on OEM Tyres/

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • james.r
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 2 10:01 PM
                  Dr. Pravin,
                  Arvind is rite. I'm from TN & how can I understand. Its not division just
                  language problem.

                  > Dear Mr.Arvind K.
                  > Do you know - Hindi is our national language i.e.Rashtra-Bhasha.If you are
                  > located at south India then, Why are you trying to put North-South division
                  > in TIUG ?<<<<

                  James. R
                  The Speed Steed....
                  "$tormy", P-150 Cl, 37.0 k kms, TN23 H 4992, Aug 02.

                • Sumit Maitra
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 3 9:07 AM
                    First Up,

                    Let us not get into acrimony of language to be used on the forum. Dr.
                    Gupta, I implore you to be more tolerant about others before jumping
                    at someone's neck for no good reason.

                    Next, let me try an amature attempt at translating Ashish's post, not
                    because its in Hindi but because what he says is pretty valid. So here
                    goes

                    QUOTE (Ashish)
                    Yeh auto journalists keval naam ke hain, most of them are have no
                    automobile related professional qualification. In short chalti ka nam
                    gadi! koi bhi auto mag utha ke dekh lijiye indica ki sales figs upar
                    se 2nd ya 3rd no. par hoti hain. 6 sal se indica chala raha hoon 65000
                    kms done still the car goes upto 125 with a/c gives 18 w/o ac local.
                    Agli gadi-- indigo lx koi competition hi nahi hai sahab!!
                    UNQUOTE
                    TRANSLATION
                    These Auto Journalists are just of namesake. most of them have no
                    automobile related professional qualification. In short anything that
                    works. Pick up any auto magazine and you'll see Indica's sales figures
                    are in the top 2 or 3. But it happens (sarcastic). Have been driving
                    an Indica for six years, 65000 kms done still the car goes upto 125
                    with A/C and gives 18 without AC local. Next car - Indigo LX has no
                    competetion dear sir.
                    END TRANSLATION.

                    Well folks, that kinda makes the thread on the same platform for everybody.

                    Lets keeps the friendly atmosphere alive and kicking here.

                    Cheers,
                    Sumit K.M.
                    BS-III, LGi, Jul 2005, 9642kms, 12 kmpl (~85% AC on) overall, Pune.
                  • Ashish Gour
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 3 9:14 AM
                      Dear Arvind, Daniel and Dr Gupta ji,
                      What's this big brouhaha about me writing a mail in ROMAN HINDI which incidentally even our fair skinned lords and masters of yore used at length to communicate with the Hoi Polloi per se and no one said that he does'nt understand Hindi(written in english alphabets) back then be it a madrasi or a punjabi!!. It should'nt have kicked up the ruckus it has, now that Shahrukh Khan & Co. have ensured that every last Indian standing understands spoken hindi fairly well. There is'nt much of a diff between spoken Hindi and Roman Hindi, so to speak, ol' chap Arvind!! Well, if you felt hurt I'll show more concern next time around.
                      Gupta ji ko sadar Namaskar (Hey a Nmaskar is jolly well a namaskar in all south Indian languages, I guess!!) Enough of Fun and Games now, before Arvind and Daniel give a Supari to D Company in my name (Don't tell me I have explain that also!), I better quit, Tally Ho Guys.
                      Jai Hind (Sorry, that's impossible to translate, what do ya think Gupta ji)
                      I also drive an Indica!!
                      Ashish
                      DLE 2000, Delhi 18 kmpl w/o ac 65000 kms.

                    • Arvind K
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 3 9:23 AM
                        Hello Ashish,

                        It was just a suggestion from my side as many ppl out
                        here in Chennai don't understand Hindi ...and so is my
                        case !! Anyway thanks for taking it the same way as it
                        was intended to ...( with a good spirit ).

                        Its time for me to learn Hindi ....lol

                        Arvind K
                        Indica V2 Lsi , Dec 2004 , 6100Kms , 11kmpl (100% AC)

                        --- Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Arvind, Daniel and Dr Gupta ji,
                        > What's this big brouhaha about me writing a mail
                        > in ROMAN HINDI which incidentally even our fair
                        > skinned lords and masters of yore used at length to
                        > communicate with the Hoi Polloi per se and no one
                        > said that he does'nt understand Hindi(written in
                        > english alphabets) back then be it a madrasi or a
                        > punjabi!!. It should'nt have kicked up the ruckus it
                        > has, now that Shahrukh Khan & Co. have ensured that
                        > every last Indian standing understands spoken hindi
                        > fairly well. There is'nt much of a diff between
                        > spoken Hindi and Roman Hindi, so to speak, ol' chap
                        > Arvind!! Well, if you felt hurt I'll show more
                        > concern next time around.
                        > Gupta ji ko sadar Namaskar (Hey a Nmaskar is jolly
                        > well a namaskar in all south Indian languages, I
                        > guess!!) Enough of Fun and Games now, before Arvind
                        > and Daniel give a Supari to D Company in my name
                        > (Don't tell me I have explain that also!), I better
                        > quit, Tally Ho Guys.
                        > Jai Hind (Sorry, that's impossible to translate,
                        > what do ya think Gupta ji)
                        > I also drive an Indica!!
                        > Ashish
                        > DLE 2000, Delhi 18 kmpl w/o ac 65000 kms.

                        > removed]

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Ashish Gour
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 3 9:29 AM
                          Thanks Sumit,
                          You should lend your expertise in furthering the Indo Pak peace process too, bro!!
                          Cheers
                          Ashish

                          Sumit Maitra <sumitkm@...> wrote:
[...]

                        • Shamanna Sudhindra
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 3 7:50 PM
                            Hi all,
                            Recently I asked one of these auto journal guys on internet a very simple question. I told I him I wanted to buy Indica DLS but my usage is very less (about 500 km) per month. I informed him that I have worked out the costings and and break-even points etc and it comes out fine. Because the initial price of this car is not very much higher than the similar featured petrol vehicles (santro, wagon-r etc) and the space comfort in Indica more than makes up for the additional cost. So the savings on FE and dieslel price are bonuses. What I wanted to know from him was are there any additional maintenance problem/costs if the vehicle is kept unused for long periods of time, vis-a-vis a petrol vehicle. And if so why? That was my one and only question.
                            The guy simply told me that buying a diesle vehicle for such low usage makes no sense and I should go for a petrol vehicle. He also suggested I go for WagonR. It was as if he never read my question.
                            I did a little more research on the subject and found out that while the maintenance costs of a diesel car may be slightly higher irregular usage will affect diesel and petrol cars more or less similarly.
                            I then decided to buy Indica DLS and am awaiting delivery.
                            Thanks and regards
                            Sudhindra

                            PS. The discussion about language does not belong to this group. There are quite a few sites that are dedicated to such discussions. My policy is if I don't understand somebody I ignore it. It becomes his problem. Unless he was offering me money or something!.

                            He simply told

                            Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@...> wrote: Thanks Sumit,

                            Sumit Maitra <sumitkm@...> wrote:
[...]

                          • Hrishikesh Raghavan
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 3 9:27 PM

                              > Why these so called ""Auto experts"" are so biased against
                              > Indica?
                              > Haven't Tatas thought about keeping these expert journalists happy?
                              >(Everybody knows how to keep journos happy).

                              I have heard from an extremely reliable source that while most other
                              companies keep journalists happy in order to get good reviews, Tata
                              does not.

                              At the end of the day, what matters is whether each of us is happy
                              with our car or not.

                              Hrishi
                              LSi, March 2003, 57K km, 11.18 kpl, Chennai
                            • himanshugoswami2003
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 3 10:11 PM
                                Well said Hrishi,

                                Tatas as a company believe strongly in ethics and are consistently
                                improving the quality of their cars so that the customers remain
                                happy. they couldnt care 2 hoots about the so called 'experts', who
                                in most cases dont know half the things that they talk about!

                                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Hrishikesh Raghavan"

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 3 11:19 PM
                                  Dear Mr.Sudhindra,
                                  I had read your question and answer given to you by "expert" on
                                  indiacar.com.And yesterday I have asked that expert following question -
                                  I know you will not like to answer my question but still I am asking you -
                                  what is your qualification? How you have become an expert?'You are
                                  'autoguru' because you have special qualification or just by driving for
                                  long time?Can a layman like me become an expert? If you are autoguru because
                                  you have long driving experience than my neighbour with 30 years driving
                                  experience should be called "DoubleGuru".?
                                  I am sorry, I know fully that that expert will throw away my question,but
                                  still I have PINCHED him.I am an open minded person and not afraid to call
                                  'spade a spade'.So many times on TIUG also,members have disliked my
                                  openness[Remember extra pressure in the tyres episode?] but I can't change
                                  my nature.
                                  Dr.Pravin Gupta/ DLX/ Dec.05/ MH06 AB 8633/ 9150kms/ 19-20 kmpl/

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 3 11:59 PM
                                    Goursaab,Dekha aapke ek hindi patrane kitna ho-halla khada kar
                                    diyaa.Isse to behtar thaa ki aap angrezime hi likhate.Yeh Angrezi-
                                    Hindiki ladaayee kaaphi puraani hai aur isee wajahse Nehruji ko Hindi
                                    ki tarafdaari karni padi thi.Ab agar main jyaadaa likhonga to aapke
                                    saath shaayad meribhi supaari chali jayegi,Hai naa? (JaiHind ka
                                    matlab hai - Long live Hindusthaan)baraabar hai kyaa?

                                    --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@...>

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 4 1:43 AM
                                      Can someone transalate the same....

                                      > Goursaab,Dekha aapke ek hindi patrane kitna ho-halla khada kar diyaa.Isseto behtar thaa ki aap angrezime hi
                                      > likhate.Yeh Angrezi-Hindiki ladaayee kaaphi puraani hai aur isee wajahse
                                      > Nehruji ko Hindi ki tarafdaari karni padi thi.Ab agar main jyaadaa
                                      > likhonga to aapke saath shaayad meribhi supaari chali jayegi,Hai naa?
                                      > (JaiHind ka matlab hai - Long live Hindusthaan)baraabar hai kyaa?<<<<

                                      James. R
                                      "$park", IndicaDLE-BS-II, 8.0 k kms, TN23 AA 6946, Feb 05.