Re: [indica-users] More on Fuel and Additives

  • anil daniel
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Achin,

      Is it the similar way for diesel ?

      Regards
      Anil Daniel
      DLG-/2005 May/13000 KM/14.5-19 KM/L /Bangalore
      DLS-/2001 March/1.06 Lakhs KM/14-19 Km/L /Calicut /89K KM on OEM Tyres/

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Achin Juneja
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
        Their rationale, as I understand it, is to try & cater to cars like the
        Mercedes, Audi, Honda CR-V, Honda Accord, etc., whose engines require 93
        Oct. min. Since volumes are not viable (production of 93 Oct. & above being
        an expensive process), the oil companies try their best to get everone else
        to use these products too.
        Drive safe,
        Achin Juneja
        DLE, BS-2, Delhi Mar 2005, 25795 kms., 21 kmpl city (no AC)

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
          Combustion of Diesel & consequently engine performance is better for higher
          Cetane ratings. There is a minimum Cetane rating of 47 for diesel sold here.
          This is Normal diesel. The premium diesel has a Cetane rating in the range
          49 to 51, has additional additives for cleaning the injectors & minimizing
          soot deposits, & cost differential is approx Rs.0.40 per litre. There is a
          noticeable improvement in mileage & engine clatter when switching from
          Cetane rating 47 to 50. Beyond 51, there will not be any noticeable
          improvement.
          Drive safe,
          Achin Juneja
          DLE, BS-2, Delhi Mar 2005, 25795 kms., 21 kmpl city (no AC)

          > DLG-/2005 May/13000 KM/14.5-19 KM/L /Bangalore
          > DLS-/2001 March/1.06 Lakhs KM/14-19 Km/L /Calicut /89K KM on OEM Tyres/

        • Prabhu Rathinasamy
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
            Hi Achin,

            Just in curiosity,what diesel/brand you are using?

            Regards
            Prabhu
            DLS, BS-III,Sep'05, 5600 KM, 17 Kmpl, 60% AC, Chennai.

            --- Achin Juneja <achinjuneja@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > Combustion of Diesel & consequently engine
            > performance is better for higher
            > Cetane ratings. There is a minimum Cetane rating of
            > 47 for diesel sold here.
            > This is Normal diesel. The premium diesel has a
            > Cetane rating in the range
            > 49 to 51, has additional additives for cleaning the
            > injectors & minimizing
            > soot deposits, & cost differential is approx Rs.0.40
            > per litre. There is a
            > noticeable improvement in mileage & engine clatter
            > when switching from
            > Cetane rating 47 to 50. Beyond 51, there will not be
            > any noticeable
            > improvement.
            > Drive safe,
            > Achin Juneja
            > DLE, BS-2, Delhi Mar 2005, 25795 kms., 21 kmpl city
            > (no AC)

            Yours
            Prabhu

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Achin Juneja
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
              IOC Xtramile mostly, HP Turbojet sometimes.
              Mileage is almost the same with either brand.