Re: Any recommendations for a service centre in Calcutta

  • Shantanu K Roy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi Sumit,
      Thanks for your guidance. I am a resident of Salt Lake and had no
      problem going over to Garodia. Mr Binoy Garodia could indeed
      recognise you (are you the son who went over to Puna? :D)
      The details of the work done (35917 km):
      Parts
      1. Oil filter(1pc) 84.00
      2. Air filter(1pc) 213.00
      3. Fuel filter(2pcs) 268.00
      4. FICD(1pc) 541.00 -- the mounting had sheared which in
      turn had damaged the FICD
      5. Hanger rubber(2 pcs) 130.00

      Lubricants
      1. Engine oil(4 litres) 500.00
      2. Coolant(0.8 litres) 95.00

      Labour charges
      1. Paid service 350.00
      2. FICD new fitted 120.00
      3. Vacuuming and cleaning 250.00
      4. Front pipe welded 150.00 -- during servicing they informed
      me over phone that the silencer pipe required welding.

      Total cost including taxes etc. 3019.00

      With warm regards,
      Shantanu

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Sumit Maitra <sumitkm@g...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Shantanu,
      >
      > In Kolkata I've used the Garodia Distributors Workshop for the
      past 5
      > years. You can contact Mr. Binoy Garodia who runs the place or Mr.
      Sinha
      > Tal (I think he's admin-in-charge). If you get a chance talk to
      Col. Sen
      > he's workshop in charge and knowledgeable. You can take my
      reference if
      > you wish (ref. to a red petrol indica with silencer trouble should
      set
      > their bells jangling :-)...). Mr. Deb is at the customer desk.
      >
      > Garodia Distributors workshop is located at Anandapur, behind Ruby
      Hall
      > Hospital at Kasba.
      >
      > You haven't mentioned which part of Kolkata you are currently
      based so
      > not sure if it will be practical for you.
      >
      > About 5 years back I went to Lexus Motors workshop at Taratala k(
      we had
      > bought the car from Lexus Motors) for the first time and that was
      the
      > last time I went there. Unprofessional people. Pearl Automobiles
      on S.N.
      > Banerjee road I think, is a TASP. Avoid those guys as well. They
      don't
      > have any original parts if any need replacement. They had ruined
      the
      > Carb settings of my Petrol Indica.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Sumit Kumar Maitra.
      > BS-III, LGi, July 2005, 5680 kms, 11.5 kmpl (90% AC on), Pune.
      > Mar 00, Carb Petrol, 21K+ kms, 9.5 kmpl (no ac), Kolkata, WB-20B-
      4891.

      > Shantanu K Roy wrote:
      >
      > >Hi Group,
      > >My Indica DLS (Jan 2003) is coming up for the 35,000km service.
      Any
      > >recommendation which service centre to approach?
      > >Regards,
      > >Shantanu
      > >

      > >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
      > >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
      http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-
      users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
      > >See our FAQ by BLOG - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-
      users/database?method=reportRows&tbl=13
      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Sumit Maitra
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hi Shantanu,

        First up, Happy New Year.

        Secondly, its a little strange to have a diesel car's silencer welded.
        Did you notice/complain of unusual underbody rattle? Or did your car's
        underbody touch some 'speed-breaker' or something?

        Cheers,
        Sumit.

        On 1/1/06, Shantanu K Roy <roysun1@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > Banerjee road I think, is a TASP. Avoid those guys as well. They
        > don't
        > > have any original parts if any need replacement. They had ruined
        > the
        > > Carb settings of my Petrol Indica.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Sumit Kumar Maitra.
        > > BS-III, LGi, July 2005, 5680 kms, 11.5 kmpl (90% AC on), Pune.
        > > Mar 00, Carb Petrol, 21K+ kms, 9.5 kmpl (no ac), Kolkata, WB-20B-
        > 4891.
        > >

        > > Shantanu K Roy wrote:
        > >
        > > >Hi Group,
        > > >My Indica DLS (Jan 2003) is coming up for the 35,000km service.
        > Any
        > > >recommendation which service centre to approach?
        > > >Regards,
        > > >Shantanu
        > > >

        > > >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
        > > >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:

      • Shantanu K Roy
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
          Hi Sumit,
          I havent had any underbody rattles, well about hitting speed breakers, I am not very sure as the car is mostly used by my family ... I am kind of the "afterthought" (not complaining though :D).
          Regards,
          Shantanu

          Sumit Maitra <sumitkm@...> wrote:
> [...]

          > > Banerjee road I think, is a TASP. Avoid those guys as well. They
          > don't
          > > have any original parts if any need replacement. They had ruined
          > the
          > > Carb settings of my Petrol Indica.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Sumit Kumar Maitra.
          > > BS-III, LGi, July 2005, 5680 kms, 11.5 kmpl (90% AC on), Pune.
          > > Mar 00, Carb Petrol, 21K+ kms, 9.5 kmpl (no ac), Kolkata, WB-20B-
          > 4891.
          > >

          > > Shantanu K Roy wrote:
          > >
          > > >Hi Group,
          > > >My Indica DLS (Jan 2003) is coming up for the 35,000km service.
          > Any
          > > >recommendation which service centre to approach?
          > > >Regards,
          > > >Shantanu
          > > >

          > > >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
          > > >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:

          Automotive form Tata indica Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators

          ---------------------------------

        • Shantanu K Roy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
            Hi Sumit,
            A very happy new year to you and this fantastic group.

            Sumit Maitra <sumitkm@...> wrote:
> [...]

            > Any
            > > >recommendation which service centre to approach?
            > > >Regards,
            > > >Shantanu
            > > >

            > > >To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
            > > >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
            > http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-
            > users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
            > > >See our FAQ by BLOG - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indica-
            > users/database?method=reportRows&tbl=13
            > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.yahoogroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

            Automotive form Tata indica Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators

          • Shuvojoy Chowdhury
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
              Hi Shantanu,

              I have used the new RD Motors workshop at Rajarhat ..
              since they are relatively new, the rush is somewhat
              less .. they do an ok job .. much better than KB
              Motors on Darga Road.

              This workshop would also be nearer since you are at
              salt lake. If you enter the Rajarhat expressway from
              the VIP road end , take left at the first
              lights/signal. It's about a km down that road on your
              left.

              Shuvo
              Indica 2000 LEi, 38K, 9.3 kmpl

> [...]
              > > >
              > > > About 5 years back I went to Lexus Motors
              > workshop at Taratala k(
              > > we had
              > > > bought the car from Lexus Motors) for the first
              > time and that was
              > > the
              > > > last time I went there. Unprofessional people.
              > Pearl Automobiles
              > > on S.N.
              > > > Banerjee road I think, is a TASP. Avoid those
              > guys as well. They
              > > don't
              > > > have any original parts if any need replacement.
              > They had ruined
              > > the
              > > > Carb settings of my Petrol Indica.
              > > >
              > > > Cheers,
              > > > Sumit Kumar Maitra.
              > > > BS-III, LGi, July 2005, 5680 kms, 11.5 kmpl (90%
              > AC on), Pune.
              > > > Mar 00, Carb Petrol, 21K+ kms, 9.5 kmpl (no ac),

              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              dsl.yahoo.com
            • Shantanu K Roy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2006
                Thanks Shuvo,
                I too have heard about this workshop. I think I will just drop in
                some day and have a chat with them. Any reference?
                Regards,
                Shantanu
                Indica 2003 DLS, WB 02 Q 0518, 36K, 15-17 kmpl

                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Shuvojoy Chowdhury
                <shuvsee@y...> wrote:

                > Hi Shantanu,
                >
                > I have used the new RD Motors workshop at Rajarhat ..
                > since they are relatively new, the rush is somewhat
                > less .. they do an ok job .. much better than KB
                > Motors on Darga Road.
                >
                > This workshop would also be nearer since you are at
                > salt lake. If you enter the Rajarhat expressway from
                > the VIP road end , take left at the first
                > lights/signal. It's about a km down that road on your
                > left.
                >
                > Shuvo
                > Indica 2000 LEi, 38K, 9.3 kmpl
                >

                > > On 1/1/06, Shantanu K Roy <roysun1@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Sumit,
                > > > Thanks for your guidance. I am a resident of Salt
                > > Lake and had no
                > > > problem going over to Garodia. Mr Binoy Garodia
                > > could indeed
                > > > recognise you (are you the son who went over to
                > > Puna? :D)
                > > > The details of the work done (35917 km):
                > > > Parts
                > > > 1. Oil filter(1pc) 84.00
                > > > 2. Air filter(1pc) 213.00
                > > > 3. Fuel filter(2pcs) 268.00
                > > > 4. FICD(1pc) 541.00 -- the mounting had
                > > sheared which in
                > > > turn had damaged the FICD
                > > > 5. Hanger rubber(2 pcs) 130.00
                > > >
                > > > Lubricants
                > > > 1. Engine oil(4 litres) 500.00
                > > > 2. Coolant(0.8 litres) 95.00
                > > >
                > > > Labour charges
                > > > 1. Paid service 350.00
                > > > 2. FICD new fitted 120.00
                > > > 3. Vacuuming and cleaning 250.00
                > > > 4. Front pipe welded 150.00 -- during
                > > servicing they informed
                > > > me over phone that the silencer pipe required
> [...]
              • Shuvojoy Chowdhury
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Shantanu,

                  Unfortunately no :).
                  I went there in Jul '05. That would be a few months
                  after they had opened shop. Back then, everyone was
                  pretty cordial and attentive !

                  Shuvo
                  Indica 2000 LEi, 38k+, 9.4kmpl