RE: [indica-users] A record of sorts!

  • amit.4.gupta@bt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Dear Senior Members,

      I being a very new member, don't know if I can voice such a suggestion ,
      but please bear with me and do hear me out.
      I have noted that at times suggestions / notifications keep flowing in,
      even after suitable reply has been posted .

      I had this thing in my mind, but Now that Dr Rakesh has voiced his
      concern, I decided to open a thread to this effect with a view to
      ascertaining the groups views !

      Will it help if the original member who first raised the question /
      floated the mail , aftre receiving a reply to his satisfaction
      suffixes the words "Subject Closed " in the subject line , there by
      indicating that no more value addition to the thread is possible?
      For EG : " Hot / Cold Cranking Problem: Subject Closed !" We all know
      that value addition after a certain limit looses it charm and value.

      This is not a gag order but just a try to keep the flow of mails to the
      necessary and manageable levels. I have seen good mailing
      groups go kaput since the mails are so many, that answering / following
      a thread is no more possible.

      Though this is an open forum, and members are welcome to post their
      messages / thoughts on subjects of their interest( Mostly Tata
      Cars , and Indica to be more Precise ) , I was wondering if this will in
      any way help or will it kill the spirit of TIUG ? Just a thought ?

      Any thoughts / better solutions / criticism leading to betterment and
      efficient mail group are most welcome.

      My first 2 paise.

      Happiness Always
      Amit

      DLG BS-III, Noida, 26 Aug 2005, 5400 kms 100% AC

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005

        > I being a very new member, don't know if I can voice such a
        > suggestion , but please bear with me and do hear me out.

        The only person/s of any significance to groups like these are the
        moderator/s. They are the ones who approve membership and look after
        the forum in general.

        There is no other distinction here. if you have anything to
        contribute, you are free to do that.

        > I have noted that at times suggestions / notifications keep flowing
        > in, even after suitable reply has been posted .

        I am concerned with a different aspect. Sometimes, the person who
        originally initates the discussion never comes out with a message
        saying that his problem or doubt was solved.

        > Though this is an open forum, and members are welcome to post their
        > messages / thoughts on subjects of their interest( Mostly Tata
        > Cars , and Indica to be more Precise ) , I was wondering if this
        > will in any way help or will it kill the spirit of TIUG ?

        Right now, more than any other forums that normally visit, this forum
        is more tolerant in its views and discussions. The forum members can
        only benefit from such a scenario.

        Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala (drtrrk.tiug@...)
        (Indica V2 DLE, Feb 01 - Dec 04, 1.6L, 65016 kms, 15kpl)
        (Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 1025 kms, 12.48kpl, KL 04 T7722)