Re: Alloy Wheels -Aura wheels fitted finally

  • devashish_rughwani
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi

      > I hope I am in time!

      Yes you are.I fitted the alloys(6 spokes) today.I kept my spare wheel
      for the time being and did'nt go for the 5th one.

      Thanks Rajesh for sharing the price.I was able to negotiate for
      another 500 bucks + free balancing ,otherwise I was thinking that no
      more discount is possible.He had to charge for the weights though !!

      unfortunatly, he did'nt have the color-silver of the alloys I wanted
      to go for.He had slight dark chrome (which looks better than the
      plain silver),which costed about 800 more..

      so the total cost was

      11500 + 800 (chrome color) = 12300/-

      He took the steels rims for 100 each...(not sure if i got a good
      exchg price for this)

      11900 + 200 rs (weights)+ 137 (alignment) ,he used around 370 gm of
      weights
      Total = 12237/-

      Now the steering response has become slightly better and feels
      light...

      The person at Madhu was suggesting to go for Nitrogen instead of
      normal air in the tyres....(cost of filling per wheel 20/-)
      I was not sure about this,so did'nt go for it.

      Any experinces/suggestions on using Nitorgen in the tyres..?

      Will upload a snap of my DLX with the alloys soon

      Thanks to all for inputs on this subject

      With Regards
      Devashish
      Feb'04 DLX,18k+,14kml

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Dr T R Rajesh Kumar"
      <dr_trrk@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >

      > > I am getting 4 alloy wheels ,Aura make for my Indica for 12000 /-
      at
      > > Madhu's ,Richmond road ,blr.
      >
      > I bought a 4 set from the dealer himself in Dec 2002 for Rs 10000.00
      > which was correct at that time. If it is 13 inch, I can't imagine
      the
      > price going up by that much.
      >
      > > The rates offered to me are after discount, as per the shop
      person.
      > > I wanted to check with you , if this is the right price....
      >
      > MV Enterprises
      > 34, 1st Main Road
      > Kalasipalayam New Extension
      > Bangalore - 560002
      > Email: agarwal1@v...
      > Ph: (080) 2223090 2225678 9844023090
      > Contact person: Mr. Manoj Agarwal
      >
      > The phone numbers seem to be slightly old as I feel Bangalore has 8
      > digit numbers now. You can add a 2 to the old number and try if that
      > is so or the mobile should be good enough.
      >
      > > Also I welcome any suggesstions on the same..
      >
      > You can try Neo wheels. They also do have some good designs. Price
      > sould be similar. The dealer for Neo is given below.
      >
      > Mr. Rakesh Ranka
      > Car Tronix
      > A-2, 1st Floor,
      > 101 - Nirvana,
      > Richmond Road,
      > Bangalore - 560001
      > Tel : 080 - 2120417/8
      >
      > I have used i set of Neo wheels for more than 6 years and Aura
      wheels
      > over a period of 7 years on several vehicles. I am sure you would
      not
      > go wrong with either of them.
      >
      > For other details check out www.auraalloywheels.com and
      www.neowheels.com

      > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
      > (Indica V2 DLE, Feb 01 - Dec 04, 1.6L, 65016 kms, 15kpl)
    • Dr T R Rajesh Kumar
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 1, 2005

        > Thanks Rajesh for sharing the price.I was able to negotiate for

        All I gave was the Dec 2002 price.

        > more discount is possible.He had to charge for the weights though !!

        The weights which are stuck on are a bit costly. For the next
        rebalancing, they take out all the weights out and charge you again
        for the whole lot. Done by everybody, but not fair.

        > to go for.He had slight dark chrome (which looks better than the
        > plain silver),which costed about 800 more..

        I think I have similar ones in my Versa.

        > He took the steels rims for 100 each...(not sure if i got a good
        > exchg price for this)

        You got Rs 100 each for your 19 month old rims. I got the same price
        for my 10 days old Viva rims.

        Life is definitely not fair!

        Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
        (Indica V2 DLE, Feb 01 - Dec 04, 1.6L, 65016 kms, 15kpl)
      • Umesh Awasarikar
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 1, 2005
          Hi

          Nitrogen is commonly used in performance cars to ensure that the tyre pressure remains constant at any given temperature.

          I guess it shouldnt create problems in a definite non performance car like the Indica Diesel :)

          Thanks
          Umesh Awasarikar
          (Mar 04 DLS, 12900 Km, 15.8 Kmpl, Pune).

          Hi

          <dr_trrk@y...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >

          > > I am getting 4 alloy wheels ,Aura make for my Indica for 12000 /-
          at
          > > Madhu's ,Richmond road ,blr.
          >
          > I bought a 4 set from the dealer himself in Dec 2002 for Rs 10000.00
          > which was correct at that time. If it is 13 inch, I can't imagine
          the
          > price going up by that much.
          >
          > > The rates offered to me are after discount, as per the shop
          person.
          > > I wanted to check with you , if this is the right price....
          >
          > MV Enterprises
          > 34, 1st Main Road
          > Kalasipalayam New Extension
          > Bangalore - 560002
          > Email: agarwal1@v...
          > Ph: (080) 2223090 2225678 9844023090
          > Contact person: Mr. Manoj Agarwal
          >
          > The phone numbers seem to be slightly old as I feel Bangalore has 8
          > digit numbers now. You can add a 2 to the old number and try if that
          > is so or the mobile should be good enough.
          >
          > > Also I welcome any suggesstions on the same..
          >
          > You can try Neo wheels. They also do have some good designs. Price
          > sould be similar. The dealer for Neo is given below.
          >
          > Mr. Rakesh Ranka
          > Car Tronix
          > A-2, 1st Floor,
          > 101 - Nirvana,
          > Richmond Road,
          > Bangalore - 560001
          > Tel : 080 - 2120417/8
          >
          > I have used i set of Neo wheels for more than 6 years and Aura
          wheels
          > over a period of 7 years on several vehicles. I am sure you would
          not
          > go wrong with either of them.
          >
          > For other details check out www.auraalloywheels.com and
          www.neowheels.com

          > Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
          > (Indica V2 DLE, Feb 01 - Dec 04, 1.6L, 65016 kms, 15kpl)

          For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

        • Rahul Kumar
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 1, 2005
            Last month i got my 3 year old indica tyres and rims changed

            In gurgaon Sushant Lok1
            13*5.5 aura set of 4 costed me 10800.00 per piece of 2700.
            5 michellin certis for 13650.00

            Rahul

            --- DEEPAK UMRANKAR <deepak_umrankar@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            Hi Devashish,

            > I am getting 4 alloy wheels ,Aura make for my Indica
            > for 12000 /- at
            > Madhu's ,Richmond road ,blr.
            > The rates offered to me are after discount, as per
            > the shop person.
            > I wanted to check with you , if this is the right
            > price....

            I could recollect in one of his earlier postings
            Rajesh had mentioned the price of Alloy wheels around
            22K, but guess that was with the tubeless tyres fitted
            on it.

            Rajesh could you pl clarify?

            Rgds
            Deepak

            Indica-DLX MH14 AE4304 July'04, 19900km, 17.48 kmpl (overall),
            AC-whenever required

            For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
            http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

            Automotive
            technician Automotive
            technician training
            Automotive shop equipment
            Automotive equipment
            Automotive technician employment
            Automotive technician course

            Service.

            ---------------------------------

            Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 1, 2005
              Hi Umesh, Devashish,

              Air and Nitrogen have about the same pressure/temp curve, as air is indeed mostly nitrogen. My understanding is that nitrogen is preferred in high pressure application (race, aircraft) to reduce the risk of explosion under high temperature conditions. Though, I think F1 uses helium to reduce weight. In spite of the liberal use of flame retardants, butyl rubber has been known to form an explosive mix with air under very high stress conditions (and resulting high temperature).

              However, Nitrogen is also being pushed for street usage. It *appears* reasonable that this could prolong tyre life. Especially with people that do not drive too much, the tyre will fail from ageing even while tread depth is healthy. Bulk of this ageing is attributed to oxidative degradation. Now, I'd conjecture that more of the oxidation occurs from inside out due to the higher pressure therein. I could, of course, be dead wrong. Any polymer chemistry experts out there?

              Let's see if this works out economical - 20*4, is 80 bucks each month, assuming 1 topup per month. That Nearly a 1000 bucks each year. Probably doesn't make economic sense. I guess the average Bangalorean would wear out a set of tyres in 3-4 years anyway.

              dev

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 3, 2005
                Thanks Dev

                Dev Abhishek <devabhishek@...> wrote:Hi Umesh, Devashish,