Re: Indica Petrol

  • Hrishikesh Raghavan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005

      Your friend was very lucky to not have anything happen to him or his
      car. I would still ask you to advise him to get his car checked.
      And, in general, I would request all of you to NOT attempt driving
      in such conditions.

      Drive safely,
      Hrishi
      LSi, March 2003, 42114 km, Chennai

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "A.F. Thomas" <afthomercy@y...>
      wrote:

      > I don't think he's going to do any special maintenance on the car,
      because I rode with him on Friday evening and the car seemed none
      the worse for the ordeal! Of course, it had picked up a dent on the
      rear door which would need some work, but that's not moot. Still,
      I'll ask and revert if there is anything to report.

      > Thomas
      >
      > LSi, Oct'04, 11k km, 11 kmpl, Mumbai
      >
      > Message: 8
      > Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:34:46 +0530
      > From: RK
      > Subject: Re: Indica Petrol zindabad!!
      >
      > Thomas,
      >
      > Can you please ask your friend and reply the maintenance/tasks
      that he
      > has carried out for his car after that ordeal, I am sure many of
      us are
      > interested in the state of the engine.
      >
      > --
      > RK
      > V2 Lsi, 13kmpl/City, 16kmpl/Highway, MH31CM2265, Pure Petrol +
      Additive, Mostly BP.

      > A.F. Thomas wrote:
      >
      > >In Tuesday's situation, a colleague of mine (not a member of this
      group) found that when the conditions are worst, the Indica V2 LSi
      is the car to be in! He started at 4.45 pm from Vikhroli office in
      his 2001 model and reached his Goregaon resi at 2.00 am (a distance
      of approx 14 km) through nightmarish, road, traffic and flood
      conditions. The achievement is that while Sumos, Honda Citys and
      sundry other cars were failing to the left and right of him, his LSi
      chugged along uncomplainingly(through large sections of hip-deep
      water outside) and reached him home without any engine problem! He's
      found a new respect and esteem for the dashed thing!