Re: AC when on.

  • bobvad
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Achin
      Is this technically proved and approved by the Telco personnel
      Is it due to this you are getting 20 km/lt?

      One more thing you had suggested that i take the vehicle directly to
      Lucas showroom. I have a 3 year warranty and is coming to an end by
      this NOV. Do you think the pump would be covered under warrranty, if
      any problems are found ....

      Cheers
      Ram

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Achin Juneja"
      <achinjuneja@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Yes, this is true for all models of the Indica.
      > A small tip :
      > To increase pickup and mileage when AC is on, get AC compressor
      belt tension
      > adjusted for play of 5 to 7 mm with finger pressure. Also make
      sure the
      > refrigerant gas pressure is a little below the maximum. This can
      be done at
      > your next service.
      > Drive safe,
      > Achin Juneja
      > DLE, Delhi, Mar 2005, 9115 kms, 20.1 kmpl city (AC 70 %).

    • Achin Juneja
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        Hi Ram,
        The belt tension check is as per the workshop manual.

        The refrigerant gas pressure tip is from experience over last 15 years with
        various cars, and is accepted as a good way of reducing AC compressor

        My mileage figures (city driving with AC usage 50 %) with other cars that I
        have used over time :
        Fiat 1100 - 1986 to 1992 - 37,000 kms - 16 kmpl.
        Maruti 800 Dlx - 1988 to 1990 - 40,200 kms - 21 kmpl.
        Maruti 800 Dlx - 1990 to 1992 - 45,300 kms - 21.5 kmpl.
        Maruti 800 Dlx - 1992 to 1999 - 1,28,000 kms - 20 kmpl.
        Esteem Lx - 1996 to 1997 - 52,000 kms - 18kmpl.
        Esteem Lx - 2nd ver. - 1997 to 2005 - 1.53,000 kms - 17.8 kmpl.
        Matiz SD - Dec 1999 to Jul 2005 - 57,000 kms - 19 kmpl.
        Indica DLE - Mar 2005 to Jul 2005 - 9604 kms - 20.2 kmpl.

        None of the above cars had power steering, and throughout I followed the
        same methods as mentioned in the mileage file uploaded by Deepak Umrankar.

        The Fuel Pump is covered under the 3 yr. warranty.

        Drive safe,
        Achin Juneja
        DLE, Mar 2005, 9604 kms, 20.2 kmpl city.

        http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html