2nd service

  • Arora, Munish Dev (STSD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005

      I got the second service at 10,500km. This was done at Prerana Motors.

      There was a strange thing. The guy asked me to get some finishing (don't
      know the exact word) done for 700 bucks and the reason he gave me was to
      enhance the life of all the pipes and cables. After the service I see
      that these pipes etc look covered.

      Is this a normal practice these days? Has anybody else also got it done?

      Best Regards,

      Munish Dev Arora

    • DEEPAK UMRANKAR
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi Munish Dev,

        > There was a strange thing. The guy asked me to get
        > some finishing (don't
        > know the exact word) done for 700 bucks and the
        > reason he gave me was to
        > enhance the life of all the pipes and cables. After
        > the service I see
        > that these pipes etc look covered.
        > Is this a normal practice these days? Has anybody
        > else also got it done?

        This is strange to me as well. The pipes & cables are
        strong enough to sustain themselves throughout the
        useful life of the car. I wonder how they could do it
        without your prior permission. 700 bucks is too large
        a sum to let go like that.

        Rgds
        Deepak

        Indica-DLX MH14 AE4304 July'04, 12800km, 16.9kmpl (overall), 40% AC

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Arora, Munish Dev (STSD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          Thanks Deepak,

          Just to add here when I asked him this was not done in first service, he
          said it is something recently introduced. I think I am the first
          scapegoat here :-(

          DLS, KA01 Z 8479, 11100KM

          Best Regards,

          Munish Dev Arora

          ________________________________

          > There was a strange thing. The guy asked me to get
          > some finishing (don't
          > know the exact word) done for 700 bucks and the
          > reason he gave me was to
          > enhance the life of all the pipes and cables. After
          > the service I see
          > that these pipes etc look covered.
          > Is this a normal practice these days? Has anybody
          > else also got it done?

          This is strange to me as well. The pipes & cables are
          strong enough to sustain themselves throughout the
          useful life of the car. I wonder how they could do it
          without your prior permission. 700 bucks is too large
          a sum to let go like that.

          Rgds
          Deepak

          Indica-DLX MH14 AE4304 July'04, 12800km, 16.9kmpl (overall), 40% AC

          For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
          http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html