[indica-users] Are your deliveries coming through ?

  • subrat@poboxes.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
      We were informed that our Indica DLE has been despatched and is
      arriving this week. We have financed the car thru ANZ Grindlays. The
      NOC says that the RC book after registration has to be sent to the
      financier. Is this correct ? Doesn't the police dept require the
      vehicle RC book to be physically with the owner available for
      verification at all times ?

      Plus, we were the absolutely last persons on the 1st-lot delivery
      schedule of Concorde/Pascos in Delhi. If we get our Indica tis week you
      should also have got yours by now. Call your dealer.

      Can each of propagate this email list address (indica-users-subscribe@e
      groups.com) to any Indica users we meet ? Our membership hasn't grown
      significantly in the last week.

      What gives with non-deliveries of ACs for DLE models from Voltas ? I
      thought _that_ problem was sorted out months back by TELCO ?

      Subrat
    • Pranav Nagarkatte
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
        To all propective Indica owners who have booked at Concorde motors in
        Mumbai;
        Don't wait for the dealer to call you. Your car is probably already with
        the dealer now (if no. within the 12000-14000 range). Call your dealer
        now.

        If any of the Indica owners out there have fitted car stereos and/or car
        security alarm systems, or are about to go in for one, can anyone
        recommend some good models / brands( both head unit & speakers incase of
        stereos) ??
        Thanks

        About Subrats query;
        As per my knowledge, DLE models use A/Cs from Subros Ltd while DLX uses
        A/Cs from Voltas Ltd.
        In the past, when there was a problem with A/Cs from Subros, it was
        attributed to the fact that it was Maruti that was armtwisting Subros in
        to slowing deliveries for Telco. (Subros is an OEM to Maruti )
        Today's papers carried articles about Maruti having achieved its highest
        sales ever in 15 years in July. Maybe thats the reason for delayed
        supplies to Telco just when the latter thought that all was OK.
        Its time Telco put its foot down and insisted on steady ontime
        deliveries of the A/C kits.

        subrat@... wrote:

        > We were informed that our Indica DLE has been despatched and is
        > arriving this week. We have financed the car thru ANZ Grindlays. The
        > NOC says that the RC book after registration has to be sent to the
        > financier. Is this correct ? Doesn't the police dept require the
        > vehicle RC book to be physically with the owner available for
        > verification at all times ?
        >
        > Plus, we were the absolutely last persons on the 1st-lot delivery
        > schedule of Concorde/Pascos in Delhi. If we get our Indica tis week you
        > should also have got yours by now. Call your dealer.
        >
        > Can each of propagate this email list address (indica-users-subscribe@e
        > groups.com) to any Indica users we meet ? Our membership hasn't grown
        > significantly in the last week.
        >
        > What gives with non-deliveries of ACs for DLE models from Voltas ? I
        > thought _that_ problem was sorted out months back by TELCO ?
        >
        > Subrat

      • Dr.Subrat Kar EE
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
          Stereos and sec-alarm systems are a dime-a-dozen out there. But check if the
          18-month warranty is void if such alterations are done. We plan to check
          this out. I checked that stereos out there would cost about Rs.1500/- less
          than the ones with Concorde. So I guess I will ask Concorde to pre-fit the
          stereo and security system instead of asking a non-Telco person to
          experiment with the car.

          After all, Mother knows best.

          We need a survey of security alarm systems for the Indica badly (Autocop,
          Kenos, Car sentry etc) . Any volunteers ?

          Subrat

          subrat@... wrote:

          > We were informed that our Indica DLE has been despatched and is
          > arriving this week. We have financed the car thru ANZ Grindlays. The
          > NOC says that the RC book after registration has to be sent to the
          > financier. Is this correct ? Doesn't the police dept require the
          > vehicle RC book to be physically with the owner available for
          > verification at all times ?
          >
          > Plus, we were the absolutely last persons on the 1st-lot delivery
          > schedule of Concorde/Pascos in Delhi. If we get our Indica tis week you
          > should also have got yours by now. Call your dealer.
          >
          > Can each of propagate this email list address (indica-users-subscribe@e
          > groups.com) to any Indica users we meet ? Our membership hasn't grown
          > significantly in the last week.
          >
          > What gives with non-deliveries of ACs for DLE models from Voltas ? I
          > thought _that_ problem was sorted out months back by TELCO ?
          >
          > Subrat

        • Pranav Nagarkatte
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
            I did a bit of informal survey on car audio systems.. Telco has tied up
            with a Malaysian brand called Isuta to provide cassette deck (CD
            compatible) with a 4 speaker unit branded as the Tata Indica car stereo
            system. The Isuta system is supposed to be 'value-for-money' and the
            standard internal antenna provided by Telco in the DLE/DLX is supposed
            to be from Isuta.
            However, according to a Financial Express (quite old story see url -
            http://www.financialexpress.com/fe/daily/19990411/fco11042.html) report,
            not too many Indica owners picked that system. I haven't seen that brand
            on display at the Concorde in Worli but I have seen the range of Alpine
            & Blaupunkt systems
            (both definitely superior but also much more expensive )
            Isuta is supposed to offer a guarantee on their systems while other
            imported brands do not.
            Other brands that have 'entered' India as opposed to just being
            available as 'smuggled' brands are Alpine and Kenwood.

            Apparently, car security systems start from 2600 upwards to 5000 plus
            depending on the features; Taiwanese non-branded are obviously cheaper
            than the branded ones.