First Servicing

  • Atanu Sarkar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi every body,

      Can any body tell if my car runs very less(600
      Km/month), what is the time for my first maintenance.
      In coupon it is scheduled at 5000 to 10000 kms, but no
      time limit is mentioned. I have seen one of my friends
      Maruti Alto service coupons, there its mentioned
      5000km or 6 months whichever is earlier. But in case
      of Indica there is no time limit mentioned. Can any
      body help me in this regard?

      Atanu
      Indica DLS, Jan 05, 950 Km, 15 km/l

    • msuresh_2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005

        The Sales Person who sold my car at Concorde clearly mentioned
        that the first service should be after 5,000 Km irrespective of
        time. So I suppose 1st service within a year should be ok.

        Suresh
        LSI, May 04, 10,000 Km, 10.5 K/l in City w/o AC

        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Atanu Sarkar <atanu_etc2k3@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi every body,
        >
        > Can any body tell if my car runs very less(600
        > Km/month), what is the time for my first maintenance.
        > In coupon it is scheduled at 5000 to 10000 kms, but no
        > time limit is mentioned. I have seen one of my friends
        > Maruti Alto service coupons, there its mentioned
        > 5000km or 6 months whichever is earlier. But in case
        > of Indica there is no time limit mentioned. Can any
        > body help me in this regard?
        >
        > Atanu
        > Indica DLS, Jan 05, 950 Km, 15 km/l

        __
        > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partner online
        > Go to: http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony
      • DEEPAK UMRANKAR
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          Well, my service guy didnt say @ the service schedule
          but the first engine oil change should happen after
          the odo crossess 5000km or you've run the car for more
          than six months (from the date of delivery) whichever
          is earlier. In my case my odo was showing 4300 km,
          when the vehicle was more than 6 months old, so I went
          for the first service along with oil change.

          Rgds
          Deepak

          =====
          Indica-DLX MH14 AE4304 July'04, 5783km, 18kmpl (outstation),Ocassional AC

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250