Re: [indica-users] Re: Choosing the Indica and why ? : Subrat

  • Ram Samant
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi Soumitro,
      Have you considered how you will dry out the carpets of your car in the
      rainy season ?
      What about the damage to the insides of the car due to water stagnation in
      the doors ?
      Another thing that I have heard from a guy who works for a telco showroom
      and is a
      finance agent there was that the engine of the indica is too heavy for the
      chassis and the
      doubt that people have is will the chassis withstand the weight in about 3
      years time ?
      I cannot confirm this, but this was the turning point for a friend of mine
      who then decided
      to go in for the santro.
      BTW, i'm not a santro dealer :), neither do i own the indica.
      I own a toyota qualis and was looking at the indica as my second car in
      about a years
      time.
      cheers
      ram

    • Indranil Guha
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        INDICA does not have a chassis - they call it monocoque (mis-spelt ?)
        design.

        INDRANIL GUHA

        Soumitro Mukherjee wrote:

> [...]
        > in the
        > > city with the AC on), why should I complain ?
        > >
        > > * it makes city driving a pleasure (and economical). I don't really
        > care
        > > whether I make it to 60 kph in 6 seconds or in 8 seconds or in 11
        > seconds.
        > > In Delhi it doesn't matter, because every 10 seconds, you have to
        > slow down,
        > > or swerve or brake.
        > >
        > > * every town with a dhaba has a TATA service station.
        > >
        > > * if the Tatas made a bi-fuel (petro/CNG) model available, I would
        > seriously
        > > consider it, because the SPM in the diesel exhaust concerns me.
        > This model
        > > is undergoing certification trials at ARAI, Pune, I am informed.
        > >
        > > If the Indica had never been made, and I wanted to buy a diesel

      • Ram Samant
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
          It is still a chassis I guess.