Emission Test

  • George P. Varghese
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005

      The emission test period for the indica was due and I had gone to
      literally all the emission test centers in Bangalore south, just to find
      that the had stopped providing the facility to Diesel vehicles.

      At the end with the help of one of the members in this group, I found
      that one of the TASC have this facility and went there to get it done.

      I was wondering whether there is any special reason behind why these
      people had withdrawn the facility to diesel vehicles.?

      Is there any emission testing facility in bangalore south for diesel
      vehicles other than TASC. I am asking this boz although it is a 10 min
      job, at TASC it takes atleast 2 hrs (waiting for a mechanic to attend to
      your vehicle, opening a job card, getting the job done) If any one has
      pointers, please put it across the group

      Regards,

      George

      [DLS, Bangalore, Jul 2003, 11800Km, 17.5 Kmpl (without AC)

    • deepak taneja
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
        Yesterday i went to 4 Pollution control centers to get PUC for my Diesel Indica but they all refused , 2 said that there machine was not working and 2 said taht they are waiting for a new mahine and therefore they cannot do the PUC
        Deepak DLS july 04, 8000kms

        "George P. Varghese" <pvgeorge@...> wrote:
        Hi,

[...]

        For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      • Pradeep Kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005

          Yes, I'm from south Bangalore and had to hunt around for a PUC point
          for my diesel Indica. Couldn't find any. Had to waste an hour at
          Concorde trying to get my PUC; job cards, payments, gate pass, all
          that lousy stuff.

          However, the good thing was that I was not able to get below 65
          Hartridge units for my pre-V2; the quick bay guys took the car to wash
          the muffler and the car cleared the test easily recording 45 Hartridge
          units.

          I'm next door to Concorde. I'll visit them one of these days and try
          to talk them to quicken this process.

          Regards,

          Pradeep

          --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, deepak taneja <deep_taneja@y...>
          wrote:
          > Yesterday i went to 4 Pollution control centers to get PUC for my
          Diesel Indica but they all refused , 2 said that there machine was not
          working and 2 said taht they are waiting for a new mahine and
          therefore they cannot do the PUC
          > Deepak DLS july 04, 8000kms
        • david_anand2003
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2005
            Hi All

            I got my Emission test at a pentrol station in Madivala. Its located
            right next to the Madivala police station. (Between Madivala Police
            Station and Wipro Office.)

            Regards
            David

            --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Pradeep Kumar" <pradkumar@y...>
            wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Yes, I'm from south Bangalore and had to hunt around for a PUC
            point
            > for my diesel Indica. Couldn't find any. Had to waste an hour at
            > Concorde trying to get my PUC; job cards, payments, gate pass, all
            > that lousy stuff.
            >
            > However, the good thing was that I was not able to get below 65
            > Hartridge units for my pre-V2; the quick bay guys took the car to
            wash
            > the muffler and the car cleared the test easily recording 45
            Hartridge
            > units.
            >
            > I'm next door to Concorde. I'll visit them one of these days and
            try
            > to talk them to quicken this process.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Pradeep
            >
            > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, deepak taneja
            <deep_taneja@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Yesterday i went to 4 Pollution control centers to get PUC for my
            > Diesel Indica but they all refused , 2 said that there machine was
            not
            > working and 2 said taht they are waiting for a new mahine and
            > therefore they cannot do the PUC
            > > Deepak DLS july 04, 8000kms
          • Devashish Rughwani
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
              Hi David

              Was it a HP petrol bunk ?
              Do you have diesel or petrol indica ?
              What were the charges of the Emission test.

              Thanks

              --
              With Regards
              Devashish
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
                Hi

                It was a "Pure for Sure" BP petrol bunk. I own a Indica Diesel.
                I think it cost around Rs 65 - 75.

                Regards
                David
                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Devashish Rughwani