Re: [indica-users] Mice and Indica

  • Arjun <Auto World India>
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2005
      Do you mean to say, Tata people have left places where mice can make
      their homes? And then charge users additionally to close those places?
      Mice are everywhere, they are not unique to specific areas. Only, we
      deter them from our homes by having doors that shut properly, and
      putting screens on our windows etc.

      In some events, I have experienced that mice enter cars if you leave a
      window open or if something comes loose while fitting accessories etc.
      but it is not commonplace as these cases with Tata.

      And whosoever heard of wiremess to guard these openings. Where did all
      the engineering that goes into an automobile vanish?

      On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:07:42 -0000, msuresh_2001 <msuresh_2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > This may not be a common problem but I am posting it anyway
      > since the forum is also monitored by Telco people.
      >
      > The area around my apartment is infested with mice.
      >
      > A mouse seems to be able to get in and out of a locked Indica. We
      > noticed some damage in the trunk area today.
      >
      > I enquired with Concorde, they said they could close the entry
      > points. It would cost around Rs. 1,000.
      >
      > -Suresh
      > Bangalore, LSI May 04, 9,000 Km, 10 Km/l

      > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
      > http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Refer: autoworldindia@yahoogroups.com
      Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/autoworldindia
      Disclaimer:

      The information presented in this message represents the opinions of
      the individual contributors. No representation is made regarding the
      accuracy or reliability of any information contained on any of these
      page(s)/message(s)/message archive(s).

      None of the sponsor(s), advertiser(s) or promoter(s) of these pages,
      or any of the individual contributors accept any liability for the
      consequences of using the information presented on these pages.

      Any action performed by you, is at your personal discretion. You are
      advised to take all necessary precaution.

      Belt yourself before the drive! Safety - The First Priority
    • Navratan Katariya
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
        I had similar problem (in Indigo) and found that placing rat cake poison
        (available in all grocery shops) does the job (at least no rat took my
        plastic mat from the tray next to front seats - closer to door, to the
        boot!). I placed one cake in the boot, the other one (divided into two
        just behind the main headlamp areas)

        The rat poison manufacturers promise that rats die out of car (they eat
        this cake) and feel thristy, go out near drains for water, where the end
        (or perhaps they loose theie sense) comes.

        Pl. ensure you don't touch the cake with your bare hands (apart from
        being a poison, some one said that the human body smell deters rats from
        touching this food).

        I think Mortein is one manufacturer.

        Let me know if you need are successful.

        Navratan
        Bangalore Indogo LS 3'2003

        Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:31:43 -0800 (PST)
        From: bikkina rajesh <vrbikkina@...>
        Subject: Re: Mice and Indica

        Hi Suresh et al,

        I too got affected with the mice problem.

        Recently one fine cold day, a mice went inside a small
        entry under the compressor. Next day morning when i
        tried to start the car, it started and started making
        crushing noise. So i stopped the engine. Later again
        tried to start but could not get it started.

        The service guy visited my home and understood that
        some thing got struck in compressor hole. When he
        opened and cleaned, the mice got crushed and went into
        the timing belt.

        The car has been taken to the Concorde service center
        for closing the hole ( may be with some mesh kinda
        thing) and adjusting the timing.

        Even though there are done at free of cost, it is very convinient as i
        had to leave the car at the TASC for 1 and half day.

        More interesting thing I came to know from the service
        guy is that, this hole/empty space underneath the
        compressor will be there for few vehicles only,
        because of mismatch in covering case or so.

        If this is really true, then it is really BAD from
        TATA that either the casing covers dimensions are not
        proper or they are not fitted properly.

        More over when it is a known issue of a gap, why the
        TATA QA is not checking for these things.

        --Rajesh

        --- msuresh_2001 <msuresh_2001@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > This may not be a common problem but I am posting
        > it anyway
        > since the forum is also monitored by Telco people.
        >
        > The area around my apartment is infested with
        > mice.
        >
        > A mouse seems to be able to get in and out of a
        > locked Indica. We
        > noticed some damage in the trunk area today.
        >
        > I enquired with Concorde, they said they could
        > close the entry
        > points. It would cost around Rs. 1,000.
        >
        > -Suresh
        > Bangalore, LSI May 04, 9,000 Km, 10 Km/l

      • Chetan Bordawekar
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
          Dear friends,

          I use RATOL oinment & apply it on each & every wire in the bonnet compartment. The smell of RATOL keeps rat away from entering in the Bonnet compartment.

          Regards
          Chetan
          (Indica V2 Lxi, March 2002, 27K+ Kms, Mumbai)

        • D P
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
            Wait a minute...

            I think RATOL is a brown solution available in a tube which has to
            be applied on bread or other food products for the rat to eat.

            If you apply the stuff on wires the rat will surely get tempted to
            eat the wires as the smell is of food for the rats.

            Please do check this out.

            I was told by my mechanic that few packets of tobacco if hung within
            the bonet or other places where the rat frequents, it will drive the
            rats away. I did this and I guess it worked.

            With warm regards,
            Dolphus Pereira
          • msuresh_2001
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
              Hi all,

              To be fair to indica my driver found out recently that the problem
              could be due to the cover above the mudguard on the right rear
              bumper having come off. This leaves a big gap through which the
              rat might be coming in. This problem was noticed only after my
              car was rear ended recently when the mud guard came off. The body
              shop said that the mud guard could be fixed later but I did not
              notice the gap it has left.

              I will get it fixed and see if it solves the problem.

              Regards,
              Suresh

              --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "D P" <dolphusp@y...> wrote:

              > Wait a minute...
              >
              > I think RATOL is a brown solution available in a tube which has to
              > be applied on bread or other food products for the rat to eat.
              >
              > If you apply the stuff on wires the rat will surely get tempted to
              > eat the wires as the smell is of food for the rats.
              >
              > Please do check this out.
              >
              > I was told by my mechanic that few packets of tobacco if hung
              within
              > the bonet or other places where the rat frequents, it will drive
              the
              > rats away. I did this and I guess it worked.
              >
              > With warm regards,
              > Dolphus Pereira
            • ashwinjk
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
                Hi All,

                I was having this problem a lot. In fact, it had not yet been resolved.

                I asked Prerana Motors, Peenya, Bangalore for a solution and they told
                that they needed to weld metal plates at four places near the wheels
                and that it would cost around Rs 1200/-. I agreed and to my
                astonishment, even after doing that, the rat is still entering the
                inside of the car. I am pretty sure that all windows have been closed.

                The rat had also made a warm dwelling in the bonnet. It had eaten most
                of the wiring. The TASC had to do a complete new wiring.

                Also tried keeping the rat poison inside the car, but it did not help
                much. I guess rats have become intelligent these days;)

                If anyone has any solution, please let me know !!

                Thanks!
                Ashwin
                (V2 DLS, Dec 2003, 4000 kms, 15kmpl-city without AC)

                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "msuresh_2001"

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
                  Hi Ashwin,

                  In my case I used poison and the problem has not recurred since.

                  The access to mice is obviously still there since I have not fixed
                  the car. But the mouse which was using it is killed and hence
                  the problem is not there atleast for now.

                  First I fixed a mesh at the place where the rear plastic mudguard was
                  torn. But that was not the entrance the rat was using as the problem
                  persisted.

                  In India many goods like car, washing machine, Fridge & electronic
                  items need to be designed to be reasonably pest proof.

                  Regards,
                  Suresh

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 13, 2005
                    Place a mouse-trap in the car, where you think the rat usually roams
                    around. Once the mouse is caught, kill it, because mice have very good
                    memory about whereabouts, and if you let it loose, even a little
                    distance away from your parking place, it will be bound to find its
                    way back.

                    Arjun.

                    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:41:35 -0000, ashwinjk <ashwinjk@...> wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > I was having this problem a lot. In fact, it had not yet been resolved.
                    >
                    > I asked Prerana Motors, Peenya, Bangalore for a solution and they told
                    > that they needed to weld metal plates at four places near the wheels
                    > and that it would cost around Rs 1200/-. I agreed and to my
                    > astonishment, even after doing that, the rat is still entering the
                    > inside of the car. I am pretty sure that all windows have been closed.
                    >
                    > The rat had also made a warm dwelling in the bonnet. It had eaten most
                    > of the wiring. The TASC had to do a complete new wiring.
                    >
                    > Also tried keeping the rat poison inside the car, but it did not help
                    > much. I guess rats have become intelligent these days;)
                    >
                    > If anyone has any solution, please let me know !!
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    > Ashwin
                    > (V2 DLS, Dec 2003, 4000 kms, 15kmpl-city without AC)
                    >

                    > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "msuresh_2001"
                    > <msuresh_2001@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > This may not be a common problem but I am posting it anyway
                    > > since the forum is also monitored by Telco people.
                    > >
                    > > The area around my apartment is infested with mice.
                    > >
                    > > A mouse seems to be able to get in and out of a locked Indica. We
                    > > noticed some damage in the trunk area today.
                    > >
                    > > I enquired with Concorde, they said they could close the entry
                    > > points. It would cost around Rs. 1,000.
                    > >
                    > > -Suresh
                    > > Bangalore, LSI May 04, 9,000 Km, 10 Km/l

                    > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
                    > http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                    Refer: autoworldindia@yahoogroups.com
                    Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/autoworldindia
                    Disclaimer:

                    The information presented in this message represents the opinions of
                    the individual contributors. No representation is made regarding the
                    accuracy or reliability of any information contained on any of these
                    page(s)/message(s)/message archive(s).

                    None of the sponsor(s), advertiser(s) or promoter(s) of these pages,
                    or any of the individual contributors accept any liability for the
                    consequences of using the information presented on these pages.

                    Any action performed by you, is at your personal discretion. You are
                    advised to take all necessary precaution.

                    Belt yourself before the drive! Safety - The First Priority
                  • Vijay Gangan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 14, 2005
                      Place snuff powder filled in cloth bag near Battery or Head lamp. With its smell Rats normally does not stay longer. Even wired brushed keeping in upward direction gives some reliefs as rat can not sit on it.

                      regards
                      Gangan

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                      document.write('');