Tyres 175/80 R13

  • Dolphus Pereira
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1 12:05 AM
      Can I use Tyre 175/80 R13 for my Tata-Indica DLE V2 (Dec-2000) ?

      With warm regards,
      Dolphus Pereira
    • dr_trrk
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1 12:21 AM

        > Can I use Tyre 175/80 R13 for my Tata-Indica DLE V2 (Dec-2000) ?

        The tyre may fit the tyre well and may not cause problems. The
        original size is 165/65 R 13 with a diameter of 21.44 inches or 545
        mm. The size you mention above has a diameter of 24.02 inches or 610 mm.

        Your speedometer and odometer will not show correct readings. The
        effect on mileage, somebody who can correlate with the gearing and the
        tyre diameter will be able to give correctly.

        Rajesh
        (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54600kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)
      • Dolphus Pereira
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1 12:28 AM
          Thank you for your guidance.
          I am on a project at a tyre retreading company.
          Here I happened to notice this used tyre in very good condition
          lying around for quite some time, so I thought I could pick it up
          cheap.

          But I guess I have to forget about it, as there is only one tyre
          and it won't match my other three tyres.

          With warm regards,
          Dolphus Pereira

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1 12:35 AM

            > Thank you for your guidance.

            If it is of help, it is a pleasure.

            > But I guess I have to forget about it, as there is only one tyre
            > and it won't match my other three tyres.

            Never mix two sizes in the same axle. Ideally you should have similar
            tread design tyres in the same axle.

            Rajesh
            (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54600kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)
          • Shobhit
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 2 5:06 PM
              Hi Dolphus,

              yes you can use tyre 175/80 R13 on your Indica V2 DLE(Dec 2000). I had been using 185/80 R13 without any issues on my Indica DLE NonV2 (Feb 2000).

              Regards
              Shobhit
              Can I use Tyre 175/80 R13 for my Tata-Indica DLE V2 (Dec-2000) ?

              With warm regards,
              Dolphus Pereira

              For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

            • Apurva Patel
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 2 6:43 PM
                Hi Dolphus,
                I have recently upsized the tyres to 175/75 R13 Bridgestone Donuts
                on my 2001 DLS V2. Havent tested the tyres on the highway yet... I
                plan to do that tomorrow, but the ride seems more cushioned. No
                obvious problems noticed yet.
                Regards,
                Apurva Patel

                Service.

              • Shobhit
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 3 9:18 AM
                  Hi Dolphus,

                  I have been using upsized tyres 185 R15 without any issues. Earlier it was installed in my old Indica, Feb 2000 model Non V2 version. I recently bought a new Indica V2 DLS and have installed them in my new car. Well I had the same question as u had but since I tested it in my old car, there were no issues in suspension or tread wear. On the other hand, I confirmed with the authorised Dealer/Workshop and they said that there are no issues with it. It will also not harm the power steering in any way but just make sure you keep ur Wheel Balanced and get the alignment of tyres on regular basis. If the driving conditions in ur city is rough, then I would suggest that you get your alignment checked every two months.

                  As for the handling of the car, it has increased by Leaps and Bounds. It has become a pleasure driving the car since I've installed Alloy wheels too.

                  Regards

                  Shobhit

                  Apurva Patel <apurvapatel@...> wrote:
                  Hi Dolphus,
                  I have recently upsized the tyres to 175/75 R13 Bridgestone Donuts
                  on my 2001 DLS V2. Havent tested the tyres on the highway yet... I
                  plan to do that tomorrow, but the ride seems more cushioned. No
                  obvious problems noticed yet.
                  Regards,
                  Apurva Patel

                • Kris Srikanth
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 4 9:09 PM

                    I have booked an Indica V2 DLS with Concorde
                    Motors, Bangalore on 26 Mar 2004.

                    At the time of booking I was informed that the
                    vehicle will, most probably, delivered within
                    first week of April 2004.

                    Saturday ( 03 Apr ), I did contact Concorde Motors
                    about the status only to be told that Tata Motors
                    plant in Pune has been closed for maintanance for
                    about 10 days. Hence my vehicle will be delivered
                    around 20 Apr.

                    How about your experiences around the country ?

                    Please do let me know.

                    Regards
                    K . Srikanth

                  • Apurva Patel
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 4 11:22 PM
                      Hi Kapil,
                      Yesterday I drove from Rajkot (Gujarat) to Bombay.... about 730 kms. I got
                      an average of 18.5 kmpl with about 50% a/c usage on Rajkot Ahmedabad
                      highway. The highway is comparable to the Bombay-Pune expressway. Hardly any
                      traffic. I use to get the same average earlier with the stock tyres too.
                      So, as far, I havent noticed any drop in the fuel consumption.
                      I will be driving back to Rajkot in a weeks time, will post my fuel economy
                      on to the group then.
                      Regards,
                      Apurva

                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 4 11:33 PM
                        Its true that there are some problems in Telco Pune......
                        I have booked Indica DLS on 8th March....from Pune (Pandit
                        Auto)...but still haven't got delivery....its almost 1 month that I
                        booked my car....
                        This is really ridiculous...Hopeless………
                        Hope you will get your car soon.......
                        ...Prabodh

                        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Kris Srikanth <srikhk@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I have booked an Indica V2 DLS with Concorde
                        > Motors, Bangalore on 26 Mar 2004.
                        >
                        > At the time of booking I was informed that the
                        > vehicle will, most probably, delivered within
                        > first week of April 2004.
                        >
                        > Saturday ( 03 Apr ), I did contact Concorde Motors
                        > about the status only to be told that Tata Motors
                        > plant in Pune has been closed for maintanance for
                        > about 10 days. Hence my vehicle will be delivered
                        > around 20 Apr.
                        >
                        > How about your experiences around the country ?
                        >
                        > Please do let me know.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        > K . Srikanth

                      • dr_trrk
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 5 1:29 AM
                          Hi Shobhit

                          > I have been using upsized tyres 185 R15 without any issues. It has
                          > become a pleasure driving the car since I've installed Alloy wheels

                          The tyre size you mention is incomplete. What is the correct size and
                          what brand and size alloys have you put?

                          Rajesh
                          (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54600kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)
                        • sudheendrar
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 5 5:26 PM
                            Shobhit,

                            Did I read this right? A 15" tyre on an Indica? Perhaps this is a
                            typo and you meant 13". Right?

                            Regards

                            Sudheendrar

                            --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "dr_trrk" <dr_trrk@y...> wrote:
                            > Hi Shobhit
                            >
                            > > I have been using upsized tyres 185 R15 without any issues. It
                            has
                            > > become a pleasure driving the car since I've installed Alloy
                            wheels

                            > The tyre size you mention is incomplete. What is the correct size
                            and
                            > what brand and size alloys have you put?
                            >
                            > Rajesh
                            > (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54600kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J
                            0914)
                          • Siva rajan
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 5 8:36 PM
                              Dear All,

                              In my Indica DLS, I experience lots of noise in the doors.

                              Every time when I get my vehicle serviced, the noise is not observed for a few kms, then comes again.

                              Any permanent solution?

                              Regards

                              Sivarajan

                              2002 DLS, 32000 Kms, 17.2 kmpl with AC

                            • Deshbandhu Sinha
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 5 9:37 PM
                                Dear All,
                                I too have a similar problem.After taking it to service station half a dozen times ,still this problem remains.
                                Do they have any specialists in Bangalore ?
                                Please let me know if this is a common problem.
                                Thanks a lo,
                                Deshbandhu

                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 6 2:42 AM

                                  > In my Indica DLS, I experience lots of noise in the doors.

                                  Could you give us an idea about the type of noise that you are hearing.

                                  I don't have any door rattling problem. In fact, I have never had!

                                  Rajesh
                                  (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54750kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)
                                • Siva rajan
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 6 4:33 AM
                                    Hi Rajesh

                                    The vibration noise on the door trims is observed very often. Does this answer your query.

                                    Thanks

                                    Sivarajan
                                    (V2 DLX, Aug 2002, 32000kms, 17.4kpl with AC, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, TN 38 R 4689)

                                    dr_trrk <dr_trrk@...> wrote:
                                    Hi,

                                    > In my Indica DLS, I experience lots of noise in the doors.

                                    Could you give us an idea about the type of noise that you are hearing.

                                    I don't have any door rattling problem. In fact, I have never had!

                                    Rajesh
                                    (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54750kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)

                                    For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Shobhit
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 6 1:35 PM
                                      Sudheendrar,

                                      Sorry, it was my bad. Actually its 185/65 R14.......I double checked it.
                                      Did I read this right? A 15" tyre on an Indica? Perhaps this is a
                                      typo and you meant 13". Right?

                                      Regards

                                      Sudheendrar

                                      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "dr_trrk" <dr_trrk@y...> wrote:
                                      > Hi Shobhit
                                      >
                                      > > I have been using upsized tyres 185 R15 without any issues. It
                                      has
                                      > > become a pleasure driving the car since I've installed Alloy
                                      wheels

                                      > The tyre size you mention is incomplete. What is the correct size
                                      and
                                      > what brand and size alloys have you put?
                                      >
                                      > Rajesh
                                      > (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54600kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey, Kerala, KL 04 J
                                      0914)

                                      For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

                                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                                    • tjoy00351
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 6 11:13 PM
                                        I too have this problem.
                                        This is from the window glass when they are half down.
                                        My indica service centre told me "glass hai to vibrate haga hi"
                                        Still contnuing with the problem.

                                        regards
                                        thomas joy
                                        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Deshbandhu Sinha
                                        <deshbandhus@h...> wrote:
                                        > Dear All,
                                        > I too have a similar problem.After taking it to service station
                                        half a dozen times ,still this problem remains.
                                        > Do they have any specialists in Bangalore ?
                                        > Please let me know if this is a common problem.
                                        > Thanks a lo,
                                        > Deshbandhu

                                      • umesh awasarikar
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 7 12:35 AM
                                          Hi all,

                                          In my DLS the pasenger side seat-belt flaps round
                                          inccesantly with the windows rolled down !!! this is
                                          getting slightly irritating .... has anyone faced the
                                          same kindof situation and found a solution to this ??

                                          Umesh
                                          ( V2 DLS, Mar 04 400 Km, 16 Kmpl, Pune MH12-CD-2932)

                                          --- dr_trrk <dr_trrk@...> wrote:
                                          > Hi,
                                          >
                                          > > In my Indica DLS, I experience lots of noise in
                                          > the doors.
                                          >
                                          > Could you give us an idea about the type of noise
                                          > that you are hearing.
                                          >
                                          > I don't have any door rattling problem. In fact, I
                                          > have never had!
                                          >
                                          > Rajesh
                                          > (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 54750kms, 15.4kpl, Alleppey,
                                          > Kerala, KL 04 J 0914)

                                        • dr_trrk
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 7 3:06 AM

                                            > I too have this problem.
                                            > This is from the window glass when they are half down.

                                            Ok. If this is the problem that everybody is mentioning, then this is
                                            due to less than adequate support for the glass when they are not
                                            fully closed. The curvarture of the glass is the culprit. This is a
                                            design issue and there may be no good cure for this.

                                            My Tata Safari also does it.

                                            > My indica service centre told me "glass hai to vibrate haga hi"

                                            It is their way fo saying that nothing can be done about this.

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 7 3:11 AM

                                              > In my DLS the pasenger side seat-belt flaps round
                                              > inccesantly with the windows rolled down !!! this is
                                              > getting slightly irritating .... has anyone faced the
                                              > same kindof situation and found a solution to this ??

                                              See that the belt is fully retracted. If it still does flap around,
                                              pull the belt down and lock it as if it is around a passenger. This
                                              should stop the flapping.

                                              My car alsways runs with the AC on and the windows rolled up. So I
                                              haven't faced this problem.

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Apr 7 4:20 PM
                                                Cool.

                                                I think you are one of the few people who have used the 14" tyre.
                                                What has been your experience when you turn the steering wheel
                                                completely and drive on a bump. Does it scrub the wheel well or any
                                                other suspension part?

                                                What brand of alloy wheels are you using? Do you have a close-up
                                                picture of the car with this setup? Please try to post it in
                                                the "photos" section.

                                                What was your motivation to use 14" ? Looks? Ride Height? Handling?
                                                Others? Would be helpful if you can quantify the above %age wise.

                                                Please look at the picture of the Red City Rover Coupe I have posted
                                                in the Photos section. It has 14" wheels I guess. Looks cool.
                                                Hunkered down and the gaping hole between the tyre and the fender is
                                                filled up nicely. Perhaps the body has been lowered down by an inch
                                                too.

                                                Cheers

                                                Sudheendrar

                                                --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Shobhit <raj_shobhit@y...> wrote:
                                                > Sudheendrar,
                                                >
                                                > Sorry, it was my bad. Actually its 185/65 R14.......I double
                                                checked it.

                                                Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                                                Service.