Re: First Service Details please

  • zacharia_kk
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, G Vamsi Krishna
      Hi,

      Is your car 2001 August Model? If so, it is really late for
      service!. Company advises service every 6 months or upon
      reaching the specified KMs. The oil change interval is
      6 months of every 10000 Kms. In you case although the car ran only
      4800 Kms, the oil should have been changed on every 6 months or so.

      Since the normal practice is to change oil every 10000 Kms now,
      usually in the first service they do not change the oil. Only
      general check up, oiling and greasing etc are done. Also if your
      car has developed any complaints, they rectify them also. But if the
      car has reached 6 months interval, they change the engine oil and
      oil filter. Total is around Rs.600/-

      I did first service of my 2003 May Indica DLE recently. I changed oil
      and filter also since it had reached 6 months mark. They also charged
      Rs. 40 for consumables (like grease, cotton waste etc).

      regards
      Zacharia K.K

      Cochin

      <krish_vamsi@y...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I am goin to give my August 2001 Indica V2 DLS
      > 4800 kms for first service this wednesday.
      > Can anyone in this groups can guide me about what
      > are all the things that i should take care while
      > giving service.
      > I am in Chennai. can any chennaitian in this group
      > can let me know where can i give my car for service. i
      > am planning to give in Concorde service centre -
      > Ambathur. is this the right place to give the car. is
      > there any other place i can go 4 my fisrt service.
      > what will be the normal cost for the first
      > service.
      >

      > =====
      > G.Vamsi Krishna
      > Member Technical Staff
      > HCL Technologies
      > GreamsRoad, Chennai-6
      > Ph : 28293298-2343
      >
      > "U may delay but time will not"
      > Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      > http://companion.yahoo.com/
    • Ravi Punjabi
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
        For Indica, there is no greasing, except for the door hinges/ locks etc. But no suspension to grease.

        It is majorly a wash / oil change and checkup & tighten nuts and bolts service.

        <krish_vamsi@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > I am goin to give my August 2001 Indica V2 DLS
        > 4800 kms for first service this wednesday.
        > Can anyone in this groups can guide me about what
        > are all the things that i should take care while
        > giving service.
        > I am in Chennai. can any chennaitian in this group
        > can let me know where can i give my car for service. i
        > am planning to give in Concorde service centre -
        > Ambathur. is this the right place to give the car. is
        > there any other place i can go 4 my fisrt service.
        > what will be the normal cost for the first
        > service.
        >

        > =====
        > G.Vamsi Krishna
        > Member Technical Staff
        > HCL Technologies
        > GreamsRoad, Chennai-6
        > Ph : 28293298-2343
        >
        > "U may delay but time will not"
        For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      • G Vamsi Krishna
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
          sorry guys,
          my indica is august 2003 model and not 2001. that a
          typo error. sorry for that.
          thx for all those who gave the info. still some more
          suggestions on the place to give service in chennai
          will be helpfull for me.

          =====
          G.Vamsi Krishna
          Member Technical Staff
          HCL Technologies
          GreamsRoad, Chennai-6
          Ph : 28293298-2343

          "U may delay but time will not"
          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • Hrishikesh Raghavan
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003
            Hi Vamsi,

            If your car is under warranty, you are free to go to any TATA dealer
            workshop in Chennai.

            You have 3 options in Chennai

            Concorde - Guindy / Ambattur
            VST - Mount Road (TVS)
            Manipal - Guindy Industrial Estate (not sure of the exact location)
            I've heard its quite good. Planning to drop my car here for the 15K
            service.

            Check out the last few pages of your owners' manual. There will be a
            list of authorized dealers / workshops in Chennai (in fact all over
            India).

            Cheers,
            Hrishi
            LSi, March 2003, 12100 km, 11 kmpl, Chennai, TN 07 AA 1669