Labor Day 2000!!!!

  • lt13demi
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
      Hey,,,

      Is this thing still alive?????

      I was just reflecting on the Big Kisatchie Scout of 2000 at Castor Plunge just out of Alexandria! Any of you here on the board make that one? It was 112-114 degrees that weekend in Alex and west to Texas! Remember? It was HOT!!!!!! We spent all our time in the little creek which, lucky for us, full of clear running water and about 68 degrees. Seems like a 100 years ago!

      Bob Norment
      dit
      Le Nez
    • Dudley Toelke
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
        Just me.  And, as you may recall, I was not there.

        No one left here, I guess.  Go back to the Mexican Adventure. Hey!  I thought you guys were doing some 20th c. thing this weekend?

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
          We don't have anything until the end of the month.  I had to take a break from the Mexican stuff, but I think we have it all worked out.  It's going to be fun.  I'm contemplating my return to the 18th Century as a simple Spanish citizen/ French ex-patriot.  That way I can be dirt poor and not have to pack a gun if I don't wanna!!!!!  Maybe we can hang around La Bahia together......  I'l being the wine!

          Le Nez
          -------------- Original message from Dudley Toelke <dud@...>: --------------

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
            That's suppose to be I'll bring the wine!

            Le Nez
            -------------- Original message from moklahuta@...: --------------

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
              Sounds like a real plan. Guns are over rated.  I have a tendency to loose them when I'm drunk; or at least just forget about them.

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
                I fibured that out!

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 5, 2009
                  Le Nez,

                  it is good to hear from you.  I was wondering if you was going to come back to the light side (18th century).  Shark and I are planning an outing in the Kasatchie are this winter and in place in Mississippi close to Natches called clear springs.  We hit the woods about once a month if the good Lord willing when it is cool.  We done one in Sept. a couple of years ago and we where unlucky not to have a stream to set in, but we did find a huge magnolia tree to set under.  When thing get pinned down I will post on this board the dates and places for our outing in the deep dark woods

                  Vermillion

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 5, 2009
                    I am ready to go. Anyone plannin to go to Martins in october. I'm thinkin on it. Ready for bow season right now :) hunting pure traditonal. Miss yall. Married life has b een good. Darren plan to come down and come hunting or anyone. Hunting right behind the house. Tons of deer. Even got a bow u can use

                    Darren Vermillion wrote:

                    > Le Nez,
                    >
                    > it is good to hear from you.  I was wondering if you was going to come back to the light side (18th century).  Shark and I are planning an outing in the Kasatchie are this winter and in place in Mississippi close to Natches called clear springs.  We hit the woods about once a month if the good Lord willing when it is cool.  We done one in Sept. a couple of years ago and we where unlucky not to have a stream to set in, but we did find a huge magnolia tree to set under.  When thing get pinned down I will post on this board the dates and places for our outing in the deep dark woods
                    >

                    > Vermillion
                    > From: Dudley Toelke <dud@...> To: indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com Sent: Friday, September 4, 2009 8:21:49 PM Subject: Re: [indianmilitia] Labor Day 2000!!!!
                    > I fibured that out! --- On Fri, 9/4/09, moklahuta@att. net <moklahuta@att. net> wrote:
                    > From: moklahuta@att. net <moklahuta@att. net> Subject: Re: [indianmilitia] Labor Day 2000!!!! To: indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 6:51 PM
                    > That's suppose to be I'll bring the wine!
                    >
                    > Le Nez
                    > ------------ -- Original message from moklahuta@att. net: ------------ --
                    > We don't have anything until the end of the month.  I had to take a break from the Mexican stuff, but I think we have it all worked out.  It's going to be fun.  I'm contemplating my return to the 18th Century as a simple Spanish citizen/ French ex-patriot.  That way I can be dirt poor and not have to pack a gun if I don't wanna!!!!!  Maybe we can hang around La Bahia together.... ..  I'l being the wine!
                    >
                    > Le Nez
                    > ------------ -- Original message from Dudley Toelke <dud@...>: ------------ --
                    > Just me.  And, as you may recall, I was not there.
                    >
                    > No one left here, I guess.  Go back to the Mexican Adventure. Hey!  I thought you guys were doing some 20th c. thing this weekend?
                    >
                    > --- On Fri, 9/4/09, lt13demi <moklahuta@att. net> wrote:
                    > From: lt13demi <moklahuta@att. net> Subject: [indianmilitia] Labor Day 2000!!!! To: indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 6:25 PM
                    >
                    > Hey,,, Is this thing still alive????? I was just reflecting on the Big Kisatchie Scout of 2000 at Castor Plunge just out of Alexandria! Any of you here on the board make that one? It was 112-114 degrees that weekend in Alex and west to Texas! Remember? It was HOT!!!!!! We spent all our time in the little creek which, lucky for us, full of clear running water and about 68 degrees. Seems like a 100 years ago! Bob Norment dit Le Nez

                  • thesharque
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 5, 2009
                      Wow! Activity! Like Vermillion said, we are going to try to get out more this season. Going to Clear Springs hopefully first cool snap weekend both of us are off, got a couple of other things planned, also, like Ft. Toulouse in November, and of course Martin's in the spring. Oh yeah, almost forgot, Battle of New Orleans in January. Gotta get out more, had another dream about going out last night, that means it's time.......
                    • Dudley Toelke
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 6, 2009
                        I'm planning Toulouse in November and NO in January.

                        dud

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 6, 2009
                          Bonjour Darren,

                          Trying to find time to work everything is is a task!  But you never know where I show up!

                          Hope you guys all have a great season!

                          Le Nez
                          -------------- Original message from Darren Vermillion <darrenvermillion@...>: --------------

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 6, 2009
                            It is good to hear from you all as well.  Toulouse and New Orleans are in the planes.  Just a note at my site we have a new reenactment that just started two years ago.  It is about vigilanty (creols against the Acadians) and every year it is growing.  the program is pre-civil war 1858 we have a vigilanty and anti-vigilanty if you are interested it is on Jan.  30-31st. there two battles on Saturday and they only last fifteen or twenty minuets nothing long just fun.  the weapons are from flintlock to cap and ball.  O, and we had guys on horses and a cannon.

                            Vermillion

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 7, 2009
                              Any boby even thinking of goint to the fort in december . Would be good to have a reunion of sorts

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 7, 2009
                                the heck with that everyone can come down to my park in Dec.

                                Vermillion

                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 7, 2009
                                  Well then let's plan something.

                                  Darren Vermillion wrote:

                                  > the heck with that everyone can come down to my park in Dec.
                                  >

                                  > Vermillion
                                  > From: Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@yahoo. com> To: "dud@..." <dud@...> Cc: "indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com" <indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Monday, September 7, 2009 11:55:49 AM Subject: Re: [indianmilitia] Re: Labor Day 2000!!!!
                                  > Any boby even thinking of goint to the fort in december . Would be good to have a reunion of sorts Dudley Toelke wrote: >   > I'm planning Toulouse in November and NO in January. >   > dud --- On Sat, 9/5/09, thesharque <thesharque@ juno. com> wrote: > From: thesharque <thesharque@ juno. com> Subject: [indianmilitia] Re: Labor Day 2000!!!! To: indianmilitia@ yahoogroups. com Date: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 6:13 PM >   > Wow! Activity! Like Vermillion said, we are going to try to get out more this season. Going to Clear Springs hopefully first cool snap weekend both of us are off, got a couple of other things planned, also, like Ft. Toulouse in November, and of course Martin's in the spring. Oh yeah, almost forgot, Battle of New Orleans in January. Gotta get out more, had another dream about going out last night, that means it's time....... >

                                • thesharque
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 7, 2009
                                    I agree. To heck with the fort, let's go to St. Martinville and get together. It is an easier drive for most, and the facilities are good. We could probably stay in the farmstead or the barn, and the alligators aren't too bad that time of year, not to mention the skeeters.
                                  • Darren Vermillion
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 7, 2009
                                      We can do something on Dec. 5th weekend or the 12th weekend.