Can't go...

  • David B. Wells
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
      I don't like writing this. Especially since I put it in writing that
      I would go, but I can't.
      I got a phone call from Tony G. the other day saying that because of
      some serious family obligations, he can't go. I can't make the 16 hr
      drive down there alone (both financially and physically). Its too
      late to book a plane ticket (cost wise) and I don't have the time
      (extra 2 days) to take a train.
      Alas, this sucks. I'm sorry. It aint me this time!!!
    • Dwight P. Mayeux
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        Sorry to hear that David. So, guys pipe up.....who is going? I know
        Vermillion and I are, and Bueche, Terry Peters and maybe another friend
        or two, who else? Be sure to bring food, we are too late to get into
        the food lines at the military camp. Vermillion and I will be going up
        thursday evening, setting up camp on friday. The others should be up
        friday afternoon. I'm still walking wounded, so I'll be camp worker.
        See ya'll next weekend.
        shark
      • Dudley Toelke
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
          I'll be there Thursday.

          dud

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
            Bueche,
            or anyone close to LA.  We at Louisiana office of State Parks is having our 75th anniversary on Jan. 17th.  We are looking for folks to come and join us.  At this time we have every kind of reanactor from colonial french -civil war.  Bueche if you want to bring some of your students that will be great if anyone wants to camp that is fine also.  Any Questions call the office at 337-394-3754  or my cell 337-342-3066.

            I sent an enquirer about this a couple of months ago some of the information is on that email

            thanks

            Vermillion

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
              That may be a do! I just got back from Conneticutt to meet new in laws.
              had to redo wedding and we r getting married THIS saturday so i will be occupied

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
                that sounds good hope that you can make it. we are planning on haveing people over on friday night and saturday night as well.  Hope that you get to come.  congrats on the wedding

                Vermillion