Attakapas Trade Days

  • Darren Vermillion
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 17, 2008
      I want to invite everyone to the Attakapas Trade Days on Oct. 17th-
      19th. Volunteers will create a living history encampment of the early
      1800's.

      Longfellow is a state historic site that focuses of the history of the
      French speaking peoples who settled along the Bayou Teche. The site is
      located on hwy. 31 in Saint Martinville, La. For more information, call
      1-888-677-2900.

      Thanks
      Darren Vermillion
      Interpretive/Ranger2
      Longfellow-Evangeline SHS
      1200 N. Main St.
      Saint Martinville, LA 70582
      1-888-677-2900 or 394-337-3754
    • Dairon Bueche
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 17, 2008

        WHATS GONNA GO ON THERE????
        DB

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 17, 2008

          Here is the annoucement that my curator just sent me.  It is a do what you want weekend (well not everything you want) as long as it is early 1800's south Louisiana

          Longfellow Evangeline SHS

          1200 N. Main St. - St. Martinville

          ph. 337-394-3754 or 888-677-2900

          announces a special program

          Attakapas

          Trade Days

          Wed. October 15 (school groups) & October 17th-19th

          Volunteer will create a living history encampment of the early 1800's. Temporary lodges will be set up, historic tools, gear and weapons will be displayed. Demonstrations of blacksmithing, cooking on an open fire and the firing of black powder weapons will be given. Tours will also be given through the Olivier Plantation House, the Acadian Farmstead and the Interpretive Center.

          Longfellow is a state historic park that focuses on the history of the French speaking peoples who settled along the Bayou Teche. The site is located on hwy. 31 in St. Martinville. The program will be from 9:00 am till 3:30 pm and is FREE of charge. For more information or to schedule a group, call 888-677-2900 or 337-3943

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 18, 2008
            can we get NAKED?? :)

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 19, 2008
              after 5pm

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 19, 2008
                I'll see if I can make it, Darren.  Depends on where things are after the "Bili Chito"!

                dud

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 19, 2008
                  Dairon, It's supposed to be fun for EVERYONE!

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 19, 2008

                    I hope that you can make it,and it will be good to see you again

                    Vermillion

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
                      May not be able to make it but will let you know.  I have a conflict, I think, on the date.

                      dud

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 24, 2008
                        If you can that would be great.

                        Vermillion

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 24, 2008
                          Speaking of going to events...anyone besides me and Tony G. planning on going to Frontier days?
                          It'll be fun.  No Dairon, you can't get naked.  That's why it'll be fun!
                          Anyone?

                        • Dudley Toelke
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 24, 2008
                            I, of course, will be there and hope to see you there as well!  The only reason I didn't make the 1812 GT was Ike.

                            dud

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 25, 2008
                              im goin and I WILL BE NAKED

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 25, 2008
                                what 1812 GT Dud?

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 25, 2008
                                  Bueche,

                                  I need your address for Pam at the Cumberland Gap. ASAP

                                  Vermillion

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 25, 2008
                                    15023 South chalfont
                                    Baton Rouge, LA
                                    70819

                                    I need her to send a letter to the school requesting me to give a talk so I can get professional leave and wont count on my sick days. Send to principal Gary Kinchen.

                                    The Brighton School
                                    Attn: Gary Kinchen
                                    12108 Parkmeadow Avenue
                                    Baton Rouge, LA 70816

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 26, 2008
                                      Thanks, I asked her and she said that she would write to your principal.

                                      Vermillion

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 26, 2008
                                        Thanks buddy looking forward to it. You doing native also? How many natives will be there?

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 26, 2008
                                          The one at Jeffferson Patterson in MD last week end.  The 7th Inf. was there and I was supposed to be but Ike intervened.

                                          dud

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 28, 2008
                                            Hey do you have any haversacks (game bags) that you want to trade or sale.

                                            Vermillion

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 29, 2008
                                              Yes or I can make what u want!!!!
                                              DB