Re: FT TOULOUSE

  • David B. Wells
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
      Company,
      I have spoken with Maj. Abolt, 7th USI commanding. They are expecting
      a good turnout of the 7th at Fort Toulouse/Jackson for the event. We
      are as always invited to encamp with them at Fort Jackson. We will
      however have our own area set aside within the confines of Fort Jackson.
      What I need from everyone who is going is to be able to set up their
      own canvas (9x12 white canvas arranged in a wedge fashion). If you
      don't have canvas, that's not a problem, I can bring extras, I just
      need to know how many to bring. We can cut poles from the woods nearby.

      These wedges will be arranged in military (dressed off of the same line
      and in order) fashion as we will be encamped with the 7th. Meals will
      also be provided by the 7th (however there is a small fee- usually
      10.00 a day for breakfast/lunch/dinner and all the coffee you can
      drink :) ) I will forward the details on how to sign up and send your
      money in to the camp mess HQ when it is available to me.

      Here is the roster of the company I have so far.
      Myself
      Dudley Tolke
      Dairon Beuche
      Shark Mayeux (possible)
      Allan Fahrquar
      Beuche's Friend (need his name please Dairon)
      Lavonn Russell
      Jay Russell
      Del Heistand
      Big Del Heistand

      As you can see, we should have quite the roster!
      Again, if you need canvas, let me know so I can make the appropriate
      arrarangements. We will be encamped across the square from the 7th and
      next to Gen. Jackson and Coffee's Marquis. While you are not required
      to be in camp/Fort Jackson the whole time -I know there's a lot of
      folks up in the 18th C. camp that everyone wants to go see/hang out
      with- I would appreciate it if you were present for morning
      muster/colors and evening retreat/drapeau -Formations to raise and
      lower the colors-

      When possible, we will hold some drilling sessions to get everyone on
      the same page for the "improvised manual of arms 1812" for Push's
      company so that when we go to New Orleans -January 2007- (DONT MISS
      IT!!!) We will look as sharp as any companies there!

      I am looking forward to seeing each and every one of you there!

      Also, since Del and Lavonn have set the standard for uniforms, I would
      also hope that everyone (who can) will get themselves a blue frock coat
      and trim it in red (ribbon or material/fringe).

      These can be found from James Townsend and sons for a modest fee -get
      the regular Blue caped hunting shirt (not frock) and split it down the
      middle and then belt it or sash it. -I'm even working on getting one
      of these ready for the event as well- It'd be nice if we could equip
      the whole unit with them by the time New Orleans rolls around!

      If you have any questions, please email me, or contact me via telephone
      at 708.385.2970

      Also, remember to bring your white turban per uniform regs. -this is
      both an historic and reenacting requirement for the company-

      Best wishes,
      David
    • David B. Wells
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
        Here is the link to Townsends hunting shirts.
        http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?
        cPath=1_17&products_id=767&osCsid=82245e94066247accf3e9ed5e6ab4cd1

        They're 50.00 already made, get the Navy color. You can then take
        either red foxbraid ribbon (a cotton woven ribbon/tape) from Crazy
        Crow -or other outlets- or take some red fabric to line the edges
        with red, i.e. the edges of the cape, the cuffs, the hem.

        Split the shirt down the middle first so it can be worn as a "coat"
        more than a shirt. Its canvas material so it should fare you well to
        keep you warm/dry in nasty weather.

        As said before, a couple members of the company already have these as
        their "uniforms" and they do look quite sharp.

        Don't worry if you can't get the thing lined with red for Fort
        Jackson, you can always do it later, but the blue shirt/coat will
        make us look sharp as a tack.

        -don't forget to wear leggings/breachcloth/mocs as well-
        :)
        David
      • David B. Wells
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
          Company,
          I just spoke with the folks at Townsend, and they
          don't have any sizes in stock of the Navy blue...

          However, with 3 weeks time, I was told they could get
          the products made and sent out...
          Therefore, if you are wanting them in time for Fort
          Jackson/Toulouse, you should order soon!

          I'll be placing my order today for one.

          No, there isn't a price cut for volume ordering (I
          asked) :(

          Best,
          David

          "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

          -Henry David Thoreau

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • David B. Wells
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
            Company,
            Its forgetful day here at the Wells' homestead (musta
            forgot to take my smart pills :) )

            The nice lady I spoke to also said to be ready to give
            your neck, chest and sleeve length/sizes when you
            order so they can make a better fit for you on the
            shirt.

            I told her it would be easy for me...
            Neck=Bull
            Chest=Barrel
            arms=gorilla

            She liked that one.
            David

            "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

            -Henry David Thoreau

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Dairon Bueche
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
              try Mike Branson first... Hes much better...

              Dairon Bueche

              "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...> wrote:
[...]

              " Eddie"
              "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
                   I wouldn’t be more surprised! "

            • David B. Wells
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                Yeah, and damned near every product he has is WALNUT
                BROWN.
                Sorry, I don't support the longhunter/walnuts.

              • Lavonn Russell

                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Townsend has really good canvas in varied colors.

                    AND yes I know David Mike's stuff is wanuuut but he
                    does have a very good blue also.... hehehe
                    DB

                    "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@ yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

                    Do You Yahoo!?
                    http://mail. yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                      Lavonn,
                      If you're talking about canvas for a shelter, I would
                      go check at a variety of hardware stores in their
                      dropcloth section.
                      Many have a natural colored canvas dropcloth (9x12)
                      that has felled seams and large stitching that looks
                      nice and hand sewn.

                      In fact its so nice I've had people come up and look
                      at it at events and go "hmmm..." and say "nice job on
                      sewing the canvas" I just smile and nod.
                      :)

                      Dairon, regarding the "blue". If we go from all the
                      same source, it will look like the uniforms were made
                      all from the same bolts of cloth. Which is where
                      these guys were getting their clothes from -US Gov
                      dispersals from the Trading houses to be deducted from
                      their pay-
                      Ergo, getting the uniform coat from the same source
                      will make them all look...UNIFORM...
                      Some going here and some going there, will not look
                      UNIFORM.
                      Get it?

                      How bout you let me do the Generalizing from here on
                      out. :)

                      David

                    • moklahuta@att.net
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006

                        "How bout you let me do the Generalizing from here on
                        out. :)"

                        Then can  you explain how to go about Generalissimo-ing?????  :-)!!!!!!!!!

                        Le Nez

                        -------------- Original message from "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...>: --------------

                        http://mail. yahoo.com

                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006
                          Now that we've heard from the Peanut Gallery, Austin
                          Local 666, we can ask him why he will be absent from
                          formation! :)
                          David

                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 6, 2006

                            Ici Londres!!!!!

                            Avec la coliquem des message personnale!

                            We have a major campaign beginning the following week in Waxahachie Texas (Okay all your Muskoegean speakers, what does that mean?????  C'mon ,,it's a gimme!).  The entire downtown are is being converted into Nancy France, 1944.  We are liberating the city from the evil "Boche".......   As the tactical commander of the ONLY Free French unit involved in this operation, I have much preparation to attend to prior to our advance.

                            As an added perk, we received news last evening that our unit will be the honor guard for  members of a WWII French Veterans assoc.!!!!!  Actual French Vets!  Several are natives of Nancy!

                            This all takes place Veterans day weekend!  We'll ahve a BIG ceremony at the civic center, a WWII vehicle convoy, resistance operation in the towm Friday night (with OSS contacts in the city) and a full scale allied assault on the Boche Saturday afternoon!  The local merchants are all getting in the spirit by wearing period attire!  The locals that venture downtown get passes from the occupied Boche!  Gonna be cool.  More to come later!!!!!

                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 7, 2006
                              David and everyone.
                              Want to intorduce yall to a friend
                              that will be attending the event with us:

                              Ian Stout, hes a great guy, former Marine.
                              He works for an arms/equipment company and helps train special forces etc.. on weapons systems. Hes in DC now and just called me as he was driving over the Potomac.

                              David can we add him to our yahoo group?

                              Later DB

                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 7, 2006
                                Dairon,
                                Sent an invite to Ian to join the list.
                                D.

                                --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@...>
                                wrote:

                                > David and everyone.
                                > Want to intorduce yall to a friend
                                > that will be attending the event with us:
                                >
                                > Ian Stout, hes a great guy, former Marine.
                                > He works for an arms/equipment company and helps train special
                                forces etc.. on weapons systems. Hes in DC now and just called me as
                                he was driving over the Potomac.

                                > David can we add him to our yahoo group?
                                >
                                > Later DB
                                >

                                > " Eddie"
                                > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
                                > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
                                >

                                > ---------------------------------
                                Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

                              • Dairon Bueche
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 7, 2006
                                  Thank you very much sir!!
                                  DB

                                  wrote:

                                  > David and everyone.
                                  > Want to intorduce yall to a friend
                                  > that will be attending the event with us:
                                  >
                                  > Ian Stout, hes a great guy, former Marine.
                                  > He works for an arms/equipment company and helps train special
                                  forces etc.. on weapons systems. Hes in DC now and just called me as
                                  he was driving over the Potomac.

                                  > David can we add him to our yahoo group?
                                  >
                                  > Later DB
                                  >

                                  > " Eddie"
                                  > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
                                  > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
                                  >

                                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                                  Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

                                  " Eddie"
                                  "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
                                       I wouldn’t be more surprised! "

                                • DUDLEY TOELKE
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 8, 2006
                                    It is a misspell of Wak achee.  Cow creek-stream-river. Nah, nah, nah, nahh, nah, nah.  Can I be part of the OSS-Jean has a long mustache...Jean has a long mustache,  Da,da,da,dahhh!

                                    dud

                                    ------------ -- Original message from "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@ yahoo.com>: ------------ --

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 8, 2006
                                      You have to have a long mustache...like Jean.

                                      dud

                                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 8, 2006
                                        You are correct sir!  And your too big of a target to be in the OSS or the SOE!

                                          LOL!

                                        -------------- Original message from DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@...>: --------------

                                        --- moklahuta@att. net wrote:

                                        > "How bout you let me do the Generalizing from here
                                        > on
                                        > out. :)"
                                        >
                                        > Then can you explain how to go about
                                        > Generalissimo- ing????? :-)!!!!!!!!!
                                        >
                                        > Le Nez
                                        >

                                        > ------------ -- Original message from "David B.
                                        > Wells" <nitaiskatene@ yahoo.com>: ------------ --
                                        >
                                        > Lavonn,
                                        > If you're talking about canvas for a shelter, I
                                        > would
                                        > go check at a variety of hardware stores in their
                                        > dropcloth section.
                                        > Many have a natural colored canvas dropcloth (9x12)
                                        > that has felled seams and large stitching that looks
                                        > nice and hand sewn.
                                        >
                                        > In f ac t its so nice I've had people come up and look
                                        > at it at events and go "hmmm..." and say "nice job
                                        > on
                                        > sewing the canvas" I just smile and nod.
                                        > :)
                                        >
                                        > Dairon, regarding the "blue". If we go from all the
                                        > same source, it will look like the uniforms were
                                        > made
                                        > all from the same bolts of cloth. Which is where
                                        > these guys were getting their clothes from -US Gov
                                        > dispersals from the Trading houses to be deducted
                                        > from
                                        > their pay-
                                        > Ergo, getting the uniform coat from the same source
                                        > will make them all look...UNIFORM. ..
                                        > Some going here and some going there, will not look
                                        > UNIFORM.
                                        > Get it?
                                        >
                                        > How bout you let me do the Generalizing from here on
                                        > out. :)
                                        >
                                        > David
                                        >
                                        > --- Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@yahoo. com> wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Townsend has really g ood canvas in varied colors.
                                        > >
                                        > > AND yes I know David Mike's stuff is wanuuut but
                                        > > he
                                        > > does have a very good blue also.... hehehe
                                        > > DB
                                        > >

                                        > > Lavonn Russell <machiscreek@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                                        > > David do you know a good source for
                                        > > canvas. I really need to have some for myself. The
                                        > > fabric store has some but its fairly light weight
                                        > > stuff. Is the 9x12 what we have to have so they
                                        > all
                                        > > match.
                                        > > Thanks,
                                        > > Lavonn
                                        > >
                                        > > "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                                        > > Here is the link to Townsends hunting shirts.
                                        > > http://jas-townsend .com/product_ info.php?

                                        cPath=1_17&am p;p roducts _id=767&osCsid= 82245e94066247ac cf3e9ed5e6ab4cd1

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 8, 2006
                                          Thank you David.
                                          Lavonn

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 9, 2006
                                            No kidding!

                                            dud

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Oct 9, 2006
                                              Do you have any idea when the mess will start? I plan on showing up
                                              Wed. and am planning to take care of myself and anyone else that wants
                                              to eat until the mess opens. I also plan on bringing somewhat less
                                              than a hogshead (since that "winehead", Moklahuta, wont be there) of
                                              wine and other spirits.

                                              dud