what do you think?

  • Darren Vermillion
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006
      I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do you all think about
      haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I just transfered to a
      new historic site in south LA. It would be a great site to do some
      stuff on. we have a little over 120 acres of land and right on the
      bayou Teche. the site manager is very coropertive about haveing the
      group to come and maybe even make it our home base, or just a place for
      us to gather a couple times a year so that we can practice our skills.

      the site is a 1815 sugar plantation. just let me know\

      Darren Vermillion
    • moklahuta@att.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006

        Darren!!!!  Mon ami!  Just had enuff of the fort er???? :-)!

        BN

        -------------- Original message from "Darren Vermillion" <darrenvermillion@...>: --------------

        I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do you all think about
        haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I just transfered to a
        new historic site in south LA. It would be a great site to do some
        stuff on. we have a little over 120 acres of land and right on the
        bayou Teche. the site manager is very coropertive about haveing the
        group to come and maybe even make it our home base, or just a place for
        us to gather a couple times a year so that we can practice our skills.

        the site is a 1815 sugar plantation. just let me know\

        Darren Vermillion

      • Dairon Bueche
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006
          You are tha man! Where is it and lets do it!

          ------------ -- Original message from "Darren Vermillion" <darrenvermillion@ yahoo.com>: ------------ --

          I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do you all think about
          haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I just transfered to a
          new historic site in south LA. It would be a great site to do some
          stuff on. we have a little over 120 acres of land and right on the
          bayou Teche. the site manager is very coropertive about haveing the
          group to come and maybe even make it our home base, or just a place for
          us to gather a couple times a year so that we can practice our skills.

          the site is a 1815 sugar plantation. just let me know\

          Darren Vermillion

          " Eddie"
          "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
               I wouldn’t be more surprised! "

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Dairon Bueche

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 17, 2006
              Don't forget fellas...the next big Indian Company
              Muster is going to be at Fort Toulouse/Jackson
              Frontier Days, the first week/weekend this NOVEMBER
              I NEED EVERY ONE OF YOU THERE!
              -Bring a friend too!-
              At least plan on being there for the weekend...I am
              trying to see if Parker/Jenkins have any extra money
              for travel for NDNMilitia members...will keep you all
              advised.
              We will be encamped again with the 7th USI with Maj.
              Abolt.
              You will definately NOT want to miss this event...it
              is a blast and an opportunity for the Militia to
              shine!

              David/Push

              --- Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@...> wrote:

              > Me and a few others, Alan etc are going to the woods
              > Labor day weekend or someplace. Darren , you or
              > anyone interested or have ideas? We have two good
              > sites.
              > Dairon Bueche
              >
              > moklahuta@... wrote:
              >
              > Darren!!!! Mon ami! Just had enuff of the fort
              > er???? :-)!
              >
              > BN
              >
              > -------------- Original message from "Darren
              > Vermillion" <darrenvermillion@...>:
              > --------------
              >
              > I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do
              > you all think about
              > haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I
              > just transfered to a
              > new historic site in south LA. It would be a great
              > site to do some
              > stuff on. we have a little over 120 acres of land
              > and right on the
              > bayou Teche. the site manager is very coropertive
              > about haveing the
              > group to come and maybe even make it our home base,
              > or just a place for
              > us to gather a couple times a year so that we can
              > practice our skills.
              >
              > the site is a 1815 sugar plantation. just let me
              > know\
              >
              > Darren Vermillion
              >

              > " Eddie"
              > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
              > I wouldn’t be more surprised! "

              > Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new
              > Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

              -Henry David Thoreau

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Darren Vermillion

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 18, 2006
                    Glad you got to make the move, Darren. I know we had discussed it last
                    time I was at the fort. It sounds like a great idea and we need to
                    pursue the invitation. When do you want to have some of us, that is,
                    those of us in the area, meet with the manager to get aquainted? It
                    sounds like a place we could really develop a great group and have some
                    interesting activities.

                    --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Vermillion"
                    <darrenvermillion@...> wrote:

                    > I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do you all think about
                    > haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I just transfered to
                    > new historic site in south LA.
                  • DUDLEY TOELKE
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 18, 2006
                      I've already sent in my registration form and intend to be there Wed. or Thurs.

                      dud

                      id=bodyLinks href="mailto:moklahuta%40att.net" target=_blank rel=nofollow>moklahuta@att. net wrote:

                      > Darren!!!! Mon ami! Just had enuff of the fort
                      > er???? :-)!
                      >
                      > BN
                      >
                      > ------------ -- Original message from "Darren
                      > Vermillion" <darrenvermillion@ yahoo.com>:
                      > ------------ --
                      >
                      > I just wanted to run this by everyone. What do
                      > you all think about
                      > haveing a central site for everyone to meet at. I
                      > just transfered to a
                      > new historic site in south LA. It would be a great
                      > site to do some
                      > stuff on. we have a little over 120 acres of land
                      > and right on the
                      > bayou Teche. the site manager is very coropertive
                      > about haveing the
                      > group to come and maybe even make it our home base,
                      > or just a place for
                      > us to gather
                      a couple times a year so that we can
                      > practice our skills.
                      >
                      > the site is a 1815 sugar plantation. just let me
                      > know\
                      >
                      > Darren Vermillion
                      >

                      > " Eddie"
                      > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
                      > I wouldnt be more surprised! "

                      > Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new
                      > Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                      "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

                      -Henry David Thoreau

                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                    • moklahuta@att.net

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 18, 2006
                          "I had to move onto better things..."
                          Darren, you coulda done that by going to work at the
                          Stop and Rob Quickmart in Many if you wanted to go
                          onto something better than Ft. St. Jean.

                          Yeah I said it...watchya goanna do about it??? :)

                          D.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 18, 2006

                            He musta got tired of watchin' Bubba write Love Poetry!  ;-)

                            BN

                            -------------- Original message from "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...>: --------------

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 19, 2006
                              We may be able to do something in October, but I need to cheek with Mr. Barnes (Manager).  Give me some weekends that you all have open.  I would also like to do some things in Jan. or Feb.
                              DV

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 19, 2006
                                I was starting to think about doning something like that just to get away.

                                If I just knew then what i know now.
                                DV

                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 20, 2006
                                  Email me your number so I can call you.

                                  Also I must have missed an email somewhere. WHERE is this
                                  place you are working now???

                                  DB