Hey.

  • Pare Bowlegs
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 11, 2006
      Where's everyone been? Anything new going on? Anyone made or got
      anything new? Just curious. Dudley is building me a NW trade gun. Other
      than that, nothing new here.

      Pare-
    • Pare Bowlegs
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 11, 2006
        Well, I take that back...when Nita sent my blue coat back to me, he sent a few things with it; a pair of copper triangle earrings, a large and small triangle earring in silver. Also, one of his moose antler combs with a crane/bird motif. Very nice!!

        Pare-

        Historic Preservation Officer
        Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
        Wewoka, Oklahoma
        1-405-257-7292
        Our oral traditions is our documentation.

        Yahoo! Mail
      • David B. Wells
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 11, 2006
          Freakin well take that back...those were some nice lil
          things I threw in :)
          Glad you like em...

          Me and Dud are going to fort de chartres at the end of
          this month to go do some Franch stuff...after that I
          don't know what's going on...still waiting to hear
          from Grand Portage about the summer job...that will
          affect a lot of what I end up doing this summer.
          d.

          --- Pare Bowlegs <seminole1753@...> wrote:

          > Well, I take that back...when Nita sent my blue coat
          > back to me, he sent a few things with it; a pair of
          > copper triangle earrings, a large and small triangle
          > earring in silver. Also, one of his moose antler
          > combs with a crane/bird motif. Very nice!!
          >
          > Pare-
          >

          > Historic
          > Preservation Officer
          > Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
          > Wewoka, Oklahoma
          > 1-405-257-7292
          > hpo@...
          > Our oral traditions is our documentation.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Mail
          > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a
          > breeze.

          "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

          -Henry David Thoreau

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Lavonn Russell
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006
            Working on my son Jay's moc.'s, leggin's, etc. We will be at the Fort Toulouse Garrison this weekend with my cousin Deb, Doug Rogers and the group. Had to have a little surgery a few week's back for something I've been putting off but finally had know choice but to have it done, Oooch! I am now fully recouped. Danny Caywood is making me a Wilson trade gun. Just looking forward to all the upcoming event's this year.
            Lavonn

            "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...> wrote:
            Freakin well take that back...those were some nice lil
            things I threw in :)
            Glad you like em...

            Me and Dud are going to fort de chartres at the end of
            this month to go do some Franch stuff...after that I
            don't know what's going on...still waiting to hear
            from Grand Portage about the summer job...that will
            affect a lot of what I end up doing this summer.
            d.

            --- Pare Bowlegs <seminole1753@...> wrote:

            > Well, I take that back...when Nita sent my blue coat
            > back to me, he sent a few things with it; a pair of
            > copper triangle earrings, a large and small triangle
            > earring in silver. Also, one of his moose antler
            > combs with a crane/bird motif. Very nice!!
            >
            >   Pare-
            >

            >                                 Historic
            > Preservation Officer
            >   Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
            >   Wewoka, Oklahoma
            >   1-405-257-7292
            >   hpo@...
            >   Our oral traditions is our documentation.

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Mail
            > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a
            > breeze.

            "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

            -Henry David Thoreau

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Mail

          • DUDLEY TOELKE
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006
              I have a full slate for events until summer but I am going to get over to Toulouse this year, maybe I'll kidnap Norment and make him come dressed in his Foreign Legion gear, you know the silly looking pants and hat with a mudflap!  Anyway, glad your mended.

              dud

            • moklahuta@att.net
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006

                We stopped wearing the mudflaps, silly pants and such waaaaay before the first world war, Toekle!  But then it can't be half as silly as a bunch of grown men all dressed as the 1st Provincial "Aunt Jememiah" Border Guard, Zouave, K-9 Ski-Battilion, Light Infantry!!!

                "PANCAKES IS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                Luv all you guys!!!!!!

                Boob

                er ,,,,,, I mean

                Bob

                -------------- Original message from DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@...>: --------------

                I have a full slate for events until summer but I am going to get over to Toulouse this year, maybe I'll kidnap Norment and make him come dressed in his Foreign Legion gear, you know the silly looking pants and hat with a mudflap!  Anyway, glad your mended.

                dud

                Lavonn Russell <machiscreek@...> wrote:
                Working on my son Jay's moc.'s, leggin's, etc. We will be at the Fort Toulouse Garrison this weekend with my cousin Deb, Doug Rogers and the group. Had to have a little surgery a few week's back for something I've been putting off but finally had know choice but to have it done, Oooch! I am now fully recouped. Danny Caywood is making me a Wilson trade gun. Just looking forward to all the upcoming event's this year.
                Lavonn

                "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...> wrote:
                Freakin well take that back...those were some nice lil
                things I threw in :)
                Glad you like em...

                Me and Dud are going to fort de chartres at the end of
                this month to go do some Franch stuff...after that I
                don't know what's going on...still waiting to hear
                from Grand Portage about the summer job...that will
                affect a lot of what I end up doing this summer.
                d.

                --- Pare Bowlegs <seminole1753@...> wrote:

                > Well, I take that back...when Nita sent my blue coat
                > back to me, he sent a few things with it; a pair of
                > copper triangle earrings, a large and small triangle
                > earring in silver. Also, one of his moose antler
                > combs with a crane/bird motif. Very nice!!
                >
                >   Pare-
                >

                >           &nb sp;                     Historic
                > Preservation Officer
                >   Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
                >   Wewoka, Oklahoma
                >   1-405-257-7292
                >   hpo@...
                >   Our oral traditions is our documentation.

                > ---------------------------------
                > Yahoo! Mail
                > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a
                > breeze.

                "Why, then, make such great ado about the Roman and the Greek, and neglect the Indian?"

                -Henry David Thoreau

                Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail h as the best spam protection around
                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Mail

              • Lavonn Russell
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006
                  Thanks Dud,
                  Looking forward to being around you guys this year, y'all crack me up.
                  Lavonn

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006
                    Yep, those two are a mess. ;) Last year I looked forward to seeing them in November. Great guys!

                    Hey, Hoss! What have you been up to?

                    That Aunt Jemima picture still cracks me up. Ol' Dud...he comes up with some good ones, alright!

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 13, 2006

                      Well, since Katrina and Rita hit so hard down here, the govt. only lets Dud & I get together 2 or 3 times a year.  The south can only handle so many disasters at one time.

                      I'm leaving in the morning to head up to Llano county for the rest of the week.  Be back Sunday.  We'll be on our annual "Cedar Mountain Hog Hunt!!!!"  Yeee haw!!!!!

                      Watch out Ned Beatty!!!!! Get outta the way Brokeback goatropers!  Here we come!

                      Most of the hogs are seen around the fire pit with a batter dipped, deep fried, porkchop in their mouth!!!!!!  And perhaps a "Little Debbie Easter Bunny Cake" (a Cedar Mtn. Hog hunt tradition!!!!).  And a bigh hunk of chocolate cake and peach cobbler.......  Can't wait for them artery cloggin' breakfast tacos either!!!! I can taste 'em now!!!!  I wonder if we'll have fried catfish again this year????

                      It's all about food!!!!!!!!!!

                      Bob N.

                      -------------- Original message from Pare Bowlegs <seminole1753@...>: --------------

                      Yep, those two are a mess. ;) Last year I looked forward to seeing them in November. Great guys!

                      Hey, Hoss! What have you been up to?

                      That Aunt Jemima picture still cracks me up. Ol' Dud...he comes up with some good ones, alright!

                      Pare-

                      Historic Preservation Officer
                      Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
                      Wewoka, Oklahoma
                      1-405-257-7292
                      Our oral traditions is our documentation.

                      Yahoo! Mail

                    • Jim Pittman
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 19, 2006
                        Pare, we ARE going to do it again aren't we?
                        Jim

                        --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, Pare Bowlegs
                        <seminole1753@...> wrote:

                        > Yep, those two are a mess. ;) Last year I looked forward to seeing
                        them in November. Great guys!

                        > Hey, Hoss! What have you been up to?
                        >
                        > That Aunt Jemima picture still cracks me up. Ol' Dud...he comes
                        up with some good ones, alright!

                        > Pare-
                        >

                        > Historic Preservation Officer
                        > Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
                        > Wewoka, Oklahoma
                        > 1-405-257-7292
                        > hpo@...
                        > Our oral traditions is our documentation.

                        > ---------------------------------
                        > Yahoo! Mail

                      • Pare Bowlegs

                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006
                            Hey Pare,
                            Tell me a little about what you guys do in Nov. I would love to come out there sometime. Talking about Bob and Dud I can think of some of the things they said and did and almost laugh out load even today. I was telling some of the reenactors at the Fort Toulouse Garrison this past weekend how much fun I had in New Orleans with all those guys. They all laughed and said they know those boys very well. Had a good weekend, some very good folks out there.
                            Lavonn

                            <seminole1753@...> wrote:

                            > Yep, those two are a mess. ;) Last year I looked forward to seeing
                            them in November. Great guys!

                            >   Hey, Hoss! What have you been up to?
                            >
                            >   That Aunt Jemima picture still cracks me up. Ol' Dud...he comes
                            up with some good ones, alright!

                            >   Pare-
                            >

                            >                                 Historic Preservation Officer
                            >   Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
                            >   Wewoka, Oklahoma
                            >   1-405-257-7292
                            >   hpo@...
                            >   Our oral traditions is our documentation.

                            > ---------------------------------
                            > Yahoo! Mail
                            > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

                            Yahoo! Travel
                            Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

                          • Pare Bowlegs
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006
                              Mainly we just sit around and shoot the bull; past events, people, etc. We eat good, too. Last time we had buffalo, beans, boiled potatoes, French bread & cheese and some of Piper's home-made cake. The guys also brought at least a case of wine (I only collect the bottles), and I had coffee. I'll send you a pic of the group later. All in all, its just a layed back w-end in the woods. The year before we Dud and Bob brought a wild hog. Talk about good food!!

                              Pare-

                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006

                                Annual Hog Hunt update.

                                Believe it or not I had 40 sows & shoats walk thru my camp last Wednesday morning!!!!  As I drank my coffee!  Had to walk to the creek after coffee (figure it out!) where I watched a 300 lb. boar try to get thru the neighbors fence!  Walked back to camp to fine a little 70 lb. boar in camp!!!!!!!!  This all took place in about half an hour!!!!!!!!!

                                Went up on the mountain to find fresh elk signs & tracks in the road!!!!  Elk back in central Texas!!!!!!  To quote Saint Homer of Simpson,,,"Woohoo"!

                                Ate bunches, shot rifles & pistols, chased coons, and had both my boys together in the same camp again!  That was nice!  We hadn't all been together on a hunt in years!!!!!!!!!!!

                                As for Pare's place.  Pare, tell 'em about that nice buck that walked into camp last year!!!!!!!!!!  Pare has a really nice place!

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006
                                  That's what I'm looking forward to, is spending time around the fire
                                  with my two boys. They like it out there as much as I do.

                                  Yeah...we were standing near the fire pit in a couple different groups
                                  just shooting the bull (waiting on Dud's beans, I think), and I noticed
                                  a big 8 point buck headed North about 50+/- yards West of the camp. I
                                  was surprised it didn't pick up the scent of smoke, tobacco and talking
                                  going on. After we all locked in on it, it "went to the creek" and
                                  started heading our way. It got within 30 yards or so, and one guy was
                                  loaded and ready. When he pulled the trigger on his rifle, it mis-
                                  fired. And the buck STILL stood there looking at us!! After a few more
                                  seconds it headed back South again. Including the visit from the deer,
                                  the compaionship, food and stories were great. That's one encampment
                                  I'll never forget!

                                  Pare-
                                • moklahuta@att.net

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 20, 2006
                                      It is the best campout without a doubt.

                                      <seminole1753@...> wrote:

                                      > Mainly we just sit around and shoot the bull; past events, people,
                                      etc. We eat good, too. Last time we had buffalo, beans, boiled
                                      potatoes, French bread & cheese and some of Piper's home-made cake.
                                      The guys also brought at least a case of wine (I only collect the
                                      bottles), and I had coffee. I'll send you a pic of the group later.
                                      All in all, its just a layed back w-end in the woods. The year
                                      before we Dud and Bob brought a wild hog. Talk about good food!!

                                      > Pare-
                                      >

                                      > Lavonn Russell <machiscreek@...> wrote:
                                      > Hey Pare,
                                      > Tell me a little about what you guys do in Nov. I would love to
                                      come out there sometime. Talking about Bob and Dud I can think of
                                      some of the things they said and did and almost laugh out load even
                                      today. I was telling some of the reenactors at the Fort Toulouse
                                      Garrison this past weekend how much fun I had in New Orleans with
                                      all those guys. They all laughed and said they know those boys very
                                      well. Had a good weekend, some very good folks out there.
                                      > Lavonn
                                      >
                                      > Jim Pittman <jimmypittman@...> wrote:
                                      > Pare, we ARE going to do it again aren't we?
                                      > Jim
                                      >

                                      > --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, Pare Bowlegs
                                      > <seminole1753@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Yep, those two are a mess. ;) Last year I looked forward to
                                      seeing
                                      > them in November. Great guys!
                                      > >
                                      > > Hey, Hoss! What have you been up to?
                                      > >
                                      > > That Aunt Jemima picture still cracks me up. Ol' Dud...he
                                      comes
                                      > up with some good ones, alright!
                                      > >
                                      > > Pare-
                                      > >

                                      > > Historic Preservation Officer
                                      > > Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
                                      > > Wewoka, Oklahoma
                                      > > 1-405-257-7292
                                      > > hpo@
                                      > > Our oral traditions is our documentation.

                                      > > ---------------------------------
                                      > > Yahoo! Mail
                                      > > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

                                      Service.

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
                                          I guess when the company is good you can't stop a good time. It's sounds like a lot of fun.

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
                                            I am sure going to try to stay longer next time. I know I missed
                                            out all on the good eating. If we can get Precious to come again,
                                            maybe I can get Shelia to come again also.

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
                                              The elk may have been a Super Sika.  A cross between a Sika deer and an elk; they are enarmous and look a lot like an elk.  Every seen them?  They breed them up in the hill country and like everything else, they get out of the fenced ranches.  Sounds like plenty of hogs available for harvest.  James making any of his famous "saucisse du doigt".  Say howdy to ol stummpy.

                                              BTW, I have an offer to buy a first edition, was there another, of "Tunica Treasure" for $425.00.  Seems like a lot.  What do you think?  It's the only copy I have found for sale.

                                              dud

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006
                                                  I thought they only chased coons in Jasper,Tx.
                                                  Ok...I know that was bad, and I'll probably get banned
                                                  from the group for that comment...but Bob said it
                                                  first!
                                                  D.

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Mar 21, 2006

                                                    Yeah, Super Sika are all the rage here now.....   Nope there not Super Sika, the're elk.  They came off the neighbor's place about 4 years ago.  Hogs tore a big hole in one of the fences.  They caught one of the bulls, but gave up on these others.  There's a cow & calf in the one pasture, and a cow & bull in the other.

                                                    BN

                                                    -------------- Original message from "David B. Wells" <nitaiskatene@...>: --------------

                                                    --- DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@...> wrote:

                                                    > The elk may have been a Super Sika.  A cross between
                                                    > a Sika deer and an elk; they are enarmous and look a
                                                    > lot like an elk.  Every seen them?  They breed them
                                                    > up in the hill country and like everything else,
                                                    > they get out of the fenced ranches.  Sounds like
                                                    > plenty of hogs available for harvest.  James making
                                                    > any of his famous "saucisse du doigt".  Say howdy to
                                                    > ol stummpy.
                                                    >
                                                    >   BTW, I have an offer to buy a first edition, was
                                                    > there another, of "Tunica Treasure" for $425.00.
                                                    > Seems like a lot.  What do you think?  It's the only
                                                    > copy I have found for sale.
                                                    >
                                                    >   dud
                                                    >
                                                    > moklahuta@... wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    >   Annual Hog Hunt update.
                                                    >
                                                    >   Believe it or not I had 40 sows & shoats walk thru
                                                    > my camp last Wednesday morning!!!!  As I drank my
                                                    > coffee!  Had to walk to the creek after coffee
                                                    > (figure it out!) where I watched a 300 lb. boar try
                                                    > to get thru the neighbors fence!  Walked back to
                                                    > camp to fine a little 70 lb. boar in camp!!!!!!!!
                                                    > This all took place in about half an hour!!!!!!!!!
                                                    >
                                                    >   Went up on the mountain to find fresh elk signs &
                                                    > tracks in the road!!!!  Elk back in central
                                                    > Texas!!!!!!  T o quote Saint Homer of
                                                    > Simpson,,,"Woohoo"!
                                                    >
                                                    >   Ate bunches, shot rifles & pistols, chased coons,
                                                    > and had both my boys together in the same camp
                                                    > again!  That was nice!  We hadn't all been together
                                                    > on a hunt in years!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    >
                                                    >   As for Pare's place.  Pare, tell 'em about that
                                                    > nice buck that walked into camp last year!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    > Pare has a really nice place!
                                                    >
                                                    >   BN
                                                    >
                                                    >   -------------- Original message from Pare Bowlegs
                                                    > <seminole1753@...>: --------------
                                                    >
                                                    >   Mainly we just sit around and shoot the bull; past
                                                    > events, people, etc. We eat good, too. Last time we
                                                    > had buffalo, beans, boiled potatoes, French bread &
                                                    > cheese and some of Piper's home-made cake. The guys
                                                    > also brought at le ast a case of wine (I only collect
                                                    > the bottles), and I had coffee. I'll send you a pic
                                                    > of the group later. All in all, its just a layed
                                                    > back w-end in the woods. The year before we Dud and
                                                    > Bob brought a wild hog. Talk about good food!!
                                                    >
                                                    >   Pare-
                                                    >

                                                    > Lavonn Russell <machiscreek@...> wrote:
                                                    >     Hey Pare,
                                                    >   Tell me a little about what you guys do in Nov. I
                                                    > would love to come out there sometime. Talking about
                                                    > Bob and Dud I can think of some of the things they
                                                    > said and did and almost laugh out load even today. I
                                                    > was telling some of the reenactors at the Fort
                                                    > Toulouse Garrison this past weekend how much fun I
                                                    > had in New Orleans with all those guys. They all
                                                    > laughed and said they know those boys very well. Had
                                                    > a good weekend, some very good folks out there.
                                                    & gt;   Lavonn