Re: muskets

  • Jim Pittman
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2006
      I think he still has the one I took back to him. It looked fine an
      sparked fine, but I just couldn't get over the way the lock looked
      It looked like someone took a buffer to it and then chrome plated it
      Jim

      --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, moklahuta@... wrote:

      > I think Marvis Chance still has one of the French 1690 Muskets for
      sale! I think he's still up in Leesville.

      <kdbueche@...>: --------------

      > Well, how did they look? any good?
      >
      > DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@...> wrote:
      > Allan and Benny both had one (French) at the fort last December.
      >
      > dud
      >
      > Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@...> wrote:
      >
      > Any of yall seen one off these. I was thinking about getting one.
      One is French one British
      > Dairon
      http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1690'sfrmarine.html

      http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/britishseaservicemusket1778mo
      del.html

      > " Eddie"
      > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
      > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
      >

      > Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
      > Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!
      >

      > " Eddie"
      > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
      > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
      >

      > Yahoo! Photos
      > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
      holidays, whatever.

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > Visit your group "indianmilitia" on the web.

      Service.

    • moklahuta@att.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2006

        You know Jim,,,  that "shiny" can be easily fixed!!!! ;-)!

        BN

        -------------- Original message from "Jim Pittman" <jimmypittman@...>: --------------

        I think he still has the one I took back to him.  It looked fine an
        sparked fine, but I just couldn't get over the way the lock looked
        It looked like someone took a buffer to it and then chrome plated it
        Jim

        --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, moklahuta@... wrote:

        > I think Marvis Chance still has one of the French 1690 Muskets for
        sale!  I think he's still up in Leesville.

        > BN
        >
        > -------------- Original message from Dairon Bueche
        <kdbueche@...>: --------------

        > Well, how did they look? any good?
        >
        > DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@...> wrote:
        > Allan and Benny both had one (French) at the fort last December.
        >
        > dud
        >
        > Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@...> wrote:
        >
        > Any of yall seen one off these. I was thinking about getting one.
        One is French one British
        > Dairon
        http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1690'sfrmarine.html

        http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/britishseaservicemusket1778mo
        del.html

        > " Eddie"
        > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
        >      I wouldn't be more surprised! "
        >

        > Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
        > Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!
        >

        > " Eddie"
        > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
        >      I wouldn't be more surprised! "
        >

        > Yahoo! Photos
        > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
        holidays, whatever.

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        >  Visit your group "indianmilitia" on the web.

        >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.

      • Dairon Bueche
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2006
          Yeah that can be fixed in 5 minutes!
          How do you get in touch with this guy?
          DB

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
            You can reach Marvis at 337/239-4361 [work], or 318/565-3019
            Marvis Chance mrcvcoa1@...
            He is an extremely nice person and will work with you and the best
            part is he take trades. He also lives in Hornbeck just north of
            Leesville.

            --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@...>
            wrote:

            > Yeah that can be fixed in 5 minutes!
            > How do you get in touch with this guy?
            > DB
            >
            > moklahuta@... wrote:
            >
            > You know Jim,,, that "shiny" can be easily fixed!!!! ;-)!
            >
            > BN
            >
            > -------------- Original message from "Jim Pittman"
            <jimmypittman@...>: --------------

            > I think he still has the one I took back to him. It looked fine
            an
            > sparked fine, but I just couldn't get over the way the lock looked
            > It looked like someone took a buffer to it and then chrome plated
            it
            > Jim
            >
            > --- In indianmilitia@yahoogroups.com, moklahuta@ wrote:
            > >
            > > I think Marvis Chance still has one of the French 1690 Muskets
            for
            > sale! I think he's still up in Leesville.
            > >
            > > BN
            > >
            > > -------------- Original message from Dairon Bueche
            > <kdbueche@>: --------------
            > >

            > > Well, how did they look? any good?
            > >
            > > DUDLEY TOELKE <dud@> wrote:
            > > Allan and Benny both had one (French) at the fort last December.
            > >
            > > dud
            > >
            > > Dairon Bueche <kdbueche@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Any of yall seen one off these. I was thinking about getting
            one.
            > One is French one British
            > > Dairon
            > http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1690'sfrmarine.html

            http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/britishseaservicemusket1778mo
            > del.html
            > >

            > > " Eddie"
            > > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
            > > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
            > > Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!
            > >

            > > " Eddie"
            > > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
            > > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Photos
            > > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
            > holidays, whatever.
            > >

            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > Visit your group "indianmilitia" on the web.

            > Service.

            > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Fighting

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > " Eddie"
            > "If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet
            > I wouldn't be more surprised! "
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • Jim Pittman
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
              I know Bob, but I haven't see the inside of my work area since
              November, maybe soon, but I also liked that Rifle Shop fusil he had
              BETTER. I'm still going to need you or Dud to weaken that frizzen
              spring on that Holt gun.
              JP

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006

                I understand!  Don't get in too big a hurry on that gun,,,,, we'll get it working just fine!

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006

                  Dairon!  You know Marvis!  He's always got a good trade blanket laid out at Baptiste!  Heck, I think you've bought stuff from him!  He's sound as a pound!!!!