Re: 2011 Themeweeks

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
      --- In indianlakesbatesville@yahoogroups.com, "Ruthie" <tatersmamaw2000@...> wrote:

      > I can't open your program for the theme weekends! Would someone please tell me how to get this attachment?
      >
      > Thanks for your assistance!

      April 22-24 Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the Indian Lakes Trail! Join us for an Easter celebration including a visit from the Easter Bunny.

      May 6-8 No one loves you like your mother and this weekend we are going to show our mothers just how much we love them. Join us Sunday morning in the café where Mom's will be treated to a free pancake breakfast. We've even hired a DJ to help us serenade our Mother's.

      May 13-15 May is National Backyard BBQ month. Join us for a backyard BBQ contest. Grill or smoke your favorite dish and enter the contest or just stop by and sample the entries. What backyard event would be complete without karaoke? Not Ours!

      May 20-22 It's the 30th anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back so Indian Lakes is going galactic! Join us for a fun filled Star Wars weekend complete with extraterrestrial karaoke.

      May 27-30 Let's kick off the season in style. We're going to party all weekend with a band and a DJ. The pool will open and the parades will start. Monday morning we'll end the weekend with a flag raising ceremony to honor our fallen veterans.

      June 3-5 It is National Take a Kid Fishing Weekend and what better place to fish then at the lakes - Indian Lakes that is. Join us for a fish themed weekend including karaoke.

      June 10-12 Kick the city off your shoes! We're having Bluegrass in the Park. It's an open house Bluegrass Festival everyone is sure to enjoy. BBQ will be served and the Bluegrass band will be playing. Are you thinking we forget about desert? Well, we've got it covered with a Berry Pie contest. This is a weekend of good food and good music you won't want to miss so be sure to bring all your friends!

      June 17-19 It is Father's Day weekend and we're showing our fathers just how much we love them. Bring your dad to the café Sunday morning for a free pancake breakfast that is sure to help him recover from Saturday's activities including rocking out with our DJ.

      June 24-26 Indian Lakes is going on Safari. From the crafts to the scavenger hunt this weekend is sure to be an all out adventure.

      July 1-4 It's the Fourth of July and we are celebrating like no other. The band and DJ will fire up each night and our days will be filled with red, white, and blue activities.

      July 8-10 As the July heat kicks in we're going to chill you out. This weekend is all about being cool and relaxed. From the movie to the ice cream social you're guaranteed a real cool time. After all, it's National Ice Cream Month!

      July 15-17 The park will be closed during Christmas so we've worked out a deal with Santa. He'll be visiting early and we'll be bringing our all of our Christmas cheer. We've even contacted Mother Nature – who knows, maybe she'll bring us some snow!

      July 29-31 The Brickyard is here. NASCAR will be racing in Indy and we'll be racing in the park. Join us for a fast paced weekend with karaoke in the winner's circle.

      August 5-7 The kids are heading back to school and parents are partying. What a better way to wrap up summer vacation than a back to school celebration at the lake?

      August 12-14 Hay! Hay! The carnival is here. We're having an open house full of carnival games. The band will be playing and chicken will be served. Show off your talents at the carnival games or on the dance floor just be sure to bring all the kids (young and old) you know for fun on the midway!

      August 19-21 It's National Golf Month so get your golf shoes on! We'll have activities at the golf course and the miniature golf course so golfers of all ages will be sure to have fun!

      August 26-27 Wow! August is also National Picnic Month so we're having an Indian Lakes Picnic. Bring your picnic basket and your favorite covered dish. We'll be eating, visiting, and playing games all weekend.
      September 2-5 Labor Day weekend is here. The pool may be closing on Monday but we're still partying all out. The parades will be going and the band will be playing so don't miss out!

      September 16-18 What better way to close out the season than will an old fashioned hog roast and open house? Come enjoy the food and music while we visit and reminisce about all the summer fun we've had this summer.

      October 21-23 The ghosts and goblins are sure to appear as we celebrate Halloween. With candy and costumes it's sure to be a spooktacular time!
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
        --- In indianlakesbatesville@yahoogroups.com, "Ruthie" <tatersmamaw2000@...> wrote:

        > I can't open your program for the theme weekends! Would someone please tell me how to get this attachment?
        >
        > Thanks for your assistance!
        I copied and pasted Themed weekends here for you to see! Just in case you have trouble finding the file. Hope this helps too!