Directions for Bangalore-Mysore Expressway?

  • kiran_ise32
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2006
      Hi folks,

      I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.
      When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed strecth
      of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions from
      the Kengeri end?

      I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about 3
      months back. The article said that there are no proper directions to
      get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it
      any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll for cars?

      Thanks and Regards,
      -------------------
      Kiran
    • Kumar
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
        While on the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway, I must mention that the
        old road is now a great drive - it is double-roaded and virtually
        traffic-free, you should take almost the same time getting to
        Mysore. And no toll!

        Kumar

        --- In indiahighways@yahoogroups.com, "kiran_ise32"
        <kiran_ise32@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.
        > When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed
        strecth
        > of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions
        from
        > the Kengeri end?
        >
        > I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about
        3
        > months back. The article said that there are no proper directions
        > get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it
        > any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll
        for cars?

        > Thanks and Regards,
        > -------------------
        > Kiran

      • Pawan Munshi
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
          Hi,

          You are absolutely correct Kumar. 4 days back I did Bangalore-Mysore flat out in just 90 minutes.

          Thx.
          Pawan

          <kiran_ise32@...> wrote:

          > Hi folks,
          >
          > I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.
          > When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed
          strecth
          > of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions
          from
          > the Kengeri end?
          >
          > I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about
          3
          > months back. The article said that there are no proper directions
          > get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it
          > any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll
          for cars?

          > Thanks and Regards,
          > -------------------
          > Kiran

        • Jude Britto
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
            I think Kiran is referring to the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor
            (BMIC) road built by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE).
            The stretch that was inaugurated recently was the one between Kanakapura
            Road and Mysore road. (only 9.2 km). I don't know the location of the
            junction on Mysore road, but on Kanakapura road, it's about 10 km from the
            junction with ORR (past Metro, past Cauvery ford, past Art of Living). There
            is a big construction at the point the BMIC road crosses Kanakapura road,
            and there are signboards. You can't miss it.

            The expressway itself is completely access limited, 4 lanes with decently
            wide shoulders, a wide median and good signage. The highlight of the road
            is, of course, the full cloverleaf interchange (
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverleaf_interchange) with the (incomplete)
            road that leads to Tumkur(?). You have to take two loops on the clover just
            to take a U-turn on the expressway. Although there are tollbooths, there was
            no toll as of 1 month ago. But then there is hardly any traffic. Once they
            complete the stretch between Kanakapura and Hosur road, it might be viable
            for them to collect a toll.

            -Jude

            On 10/2/06, Pawan Munshi <munshi_pawan@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > You are absolutely correct Kumar. 4 days back I did Bangalore-Mysore flat
            > out in just 90 minutes.
            >
            > Thx.
            > Pawan
            >
            > Kumar <kumar_hv@... <kumar_hv%40hotmail.com>> wrote:
            > While on the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway, I must mention that the
            > old road is now a great drive - it is double-roaded and virtually
            > traffic-free, you should take almost the same time getting to
            > Mysore. And no toll!
            >
            > Kumar
            >
            > --- In indiahighways@yahoogroups.com <indiahighways%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "kiran_ise32"
            > <kiran_ise32@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi folks,
            > >
            > > I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.
            > > When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed
            > strecth
            > > of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions
            > from
            > > the Kengeri end?
            > >
            > > I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about
            > 3
            > > months back. The article said that there are no proper directions
            > > get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it
            > > any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll
            > for cars?
            > >
            > > Thanks and Regards,
            > > -------------------
            > > Kiran

          • kiran rao
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
              Hi Kumar/Pawan,

              I am aware about the SH 17 being almost entirely 4-laned. But frequent travellers would tell you that its still inadequate due to the sheer amount of traffic between the 2 cities. On weekdays, there are everyday travellers (for work) and on weekends its the tourists. Plus, now being the Dussehra season, its a maddening crowd thats headed from Bangalore towards Mysore. Of course in some stretches its just a dream drive :)

              However, my objective is _not_ to drive to Mysore. I just wanted to get a feel of driving on the completed stretch of the BMIC expressway. I have seen a few downright amazing snaps.

              My plan is to get onto the xway from the Kengeri end (which is effectively the Mysore end of the completed stretch), drive back towards Bangalore (Kanakpura road) and back along the same stretch to Kengeri and then proceed home on the city roads. In my opinion, if I choose a weekend, the whole trip from my doorstep back to my doorstep should take less than an hour and a half, even in my M800 ;).

              Is anyone aware of the directions and toll for the BMIC?

              Thanks and Regards
              ------ Kiran

              <kiran_ise32@...> wrote:

              > Hi folks,
              >
              > I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.
              > When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed
              strecth
              > of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions
              from
              > the Kengeri end?
              >
              > I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about
              3
              > months back. The article said that there are no proper directions
              > get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it
              > any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll
              for cars?

              > Thanks and Regards,
              > -------------------
              > Kiran

            • Rahul Dubey
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2006
                > with the (incomplete)
                > road that leads to Tumkur(?).

                I guess this will connect all the major roads leading
                out of Bangalore in the following order:

                * Hosur Road
                * Bannerghatta Road (where does it hit ?)
                * Kanakapura Ropad
                * Mysore Road
                * Tumkur Road (it hits some 6-7 kms before Nelmangala,
                if I remember correctly)

                Other than these, will it also connect the remaining
                peripehry of Bangalore, viz.

                * Hyderabad Road (NH 7)
                * Kolar Road (NH 4)
                * Sarjapura Road

                Any info on this project on the web ?

                cheers
                Rahul

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Madhura Upadhya
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2006
                  I drove this road in first week of september. The road starts a km from Kengeri junction and takes around 15 -20 mins to reach Kanakapura road.

                  There was no toll as of now..

                  --Madhura

                  Pawan Munshi <munshi_pawan@ yahoo.co. in> wrote: Hi,

                  <kiran_ise32@ ...> wrote:

                  > Hi folks,

                  > I am a Bangalorean but been in Delhi on work for couple of months.

                  > When I get home I plan to take a drive on the 10 km completed

                  strecth

                  > of Bangalore-Mysore expressway. Does anyone know the directions

                  from

                  > the Kengeri end?

                  > I remember reading the news when the stretch was inaugarated about

                  3

                  > months back. The article said that there are no proper directions

                  > get onto the xway from the existing Bangalore-Mysore highway. Is it

                  > any different now? Have they made any markings? what is the toll

                  for cars?

                  > Thanks and Regards,

                  > ------------ -------

                  > Kiran

                  <!--

                  #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                  #ygrp-text{
                  font-family:Georgia;
                  }
                  #ygrp-text p{
                  margin:0 0 1em 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                  font-family:Arial;
                  clear:both;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vitnav{
                  padding-top:10px;
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vitnav a{
                  padding:0 1px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-actbar{
                  clear:both;
                  margin:25px 0;
                  white-space:nowrap;
                  color:#666;
                  text-align:right;
                  }
                  #ygrp-actbar .left{
                  float:left;
                  white-space:nowrap;
                  }
                  .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                  #ygrp-grft{
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  padding:15px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-ft{
                  font-family:verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  border-top:1px solid #666;
                  padding:5px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                  padding-bottom:10px;
                  }

                  #ygrp-vital{
                  background-color:#e0ecee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                  font-size:77%;
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#333;
                  text-transform:uppercase;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul{
                  padding:0;
                  margin:2px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li{
                  list-style-type:none;
                  clear:both;
                  border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#ff7900;
                  float:right;
                  width:2em;
                  text-align:right;
                  padding-right:.5em;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                  font-weight:bold;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital a {
                  text-decoration:none;
                  }

                  #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                  text-decoration:underline;
                  }

                  #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                  color:#999;
                  font-size:77%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                  padding:6px 13px;
                  background-color:#e0ecee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                  padding:0 0 0 8px;
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                  list-style-type:square;
                  padding:6px 0;
                  font-size:77%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                  text-decoration:none;
                  font-size:130%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                  background-color:#eee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  padding:0 8px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                  padding:8px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                  font-family:Arial;
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#628c2a;
                  font-size:100%;
                  line-height:122%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                  text-decoration:none;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                  text-decoration:underline;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  o {font-size:0;}
                  .MsoNormal {
                  margin:0 0 0 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-text tt{
                  font-size:120%;
                  }
                  blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                  .replbq {margin:4;}
                  -->

                • Narasimha Budihal
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2006
                    Yes entrance is just past kengeri on the left side (going towards mysore).
                    Normally it takes me 10 minutes to reach kanakapura road. No tolls yet :-) .
                    But watch out for traffic on the wrong direction and blasted rock debris on
                    the road in some places.
                    FYI Last weekend I drove on the stretch between bannerghatta road and
                    kanakapura road and it is also complete but not open for traffic.

                    On 10/3/06, Madhura Upadhya <mupadhya@...> wrote:

                    > I drove this road in first week of september. The road starts a km from
                    > Kengeri junction and takes around 15 -20 mins to reach Kanakapura road.
                    >
                    > There was no toll as of now..
                    >
                    > --Madhura

                  • kiran rao
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
                      Thanks friends for your inputs.

                      It seems exciting that the stretch from Bannerghatta road to Kanakpura road is almost complete. Hopefully by the time I visit home next time, that stretch would be thrown open too.

                      ======
                      Kiran

                      Narasimha Budihal <nbudihal@...> wrote: Yes entrance is just past kengeri on the left side (going towards mysore).