Re: [IndiaHighways] Cost of hiring Traveller like vehicle

  • Mayank Kumar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2012
      We're stating from Delhi, Ajai.

      Regards,

      Mayank

      On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Ajai Viswanathan <Ajai@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Interesting thread!
      >
      > Mayank you didn't mention where you're starting from.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ajai Viswanathan
      >
      > via handheld device
      >

      > On 14-May-2012, at 21:06, Mayank Kumar <mayank.kumar1@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Bhai log,
      > >
      > > We're planning to visit Uttarakhand this summer. We're 13 in number and
      > > we're planning to take a Traveler kind of vehicle along. Can someone
      > > provide an idea about the cost of hiring such a vehicle for hills, so
      > that
      > > I can estimate travel costs? What I've heard is that they charge on per
      > day
      > > basis. Can Traveler adjust 13 people (besides the driver)?
      > >
      > > Other option can be that I travel in my Scorpio and we hire somewhat
      > > smaller vehicle for other two families (8 members). What other vehicle
      > can
      > > be hired which can be used for hauling 8 passengers, and what can be the
      > > approximate cost for that.
      > >
      > > Please excuse. I've not hired vehicle for traveling for long time, and
      > seem
      > > to have no idea. (Haven't called the operators either till now).
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Mayank

    • Nittala
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2012
        Hi Mayank,

        There are several Web-sites which can give you an indication of the Rates of various Tourist Vehicles. One of the sites, which I found to be quite useful is mentioned below, for ready reference.

        http://paryatanworld.com/

        Please click on Tab, "LOCAL TARIFFS", to get an idea of the charges.

        Note that the above Travel Site is based in Mumbai.

        Regards.
        Narasimham.

        --- In indiahighways@yahoogroups.com, Mayank Kumar <mayank.kumar1@...> wrote:

        > We're stating from Delhi, Ajai.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Mayank
        >

        > On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Ajai Viswanathan <Ajai@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Interesting thread!
        > >
        > > Mayank you didn't mention where you're starting from.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Ajai Viswanathan
        > >
        > > via handheld device
        > >

        > > On 14-May-2012, at 21:06, Mayank Kumar <mayank.kumar1@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Bhai log,
        > > >
        > > > We're planning to visit Uttarakhand this summer. We're 13 in number and
        > > > we're planning to take a Traveler kind of vehicle along. Can someone
        > > > provide an idea about the cost of hiring such a vehicle for hills, so
        > > that
        > > > I can estimate travel costs? What I've heard is that they charge on per
        > > day
        > > > basis. Can Traveler adjust 13 people (besides the driver)?
        > > >
        > > > Other option can be that I travel in my Scorpio and we hire somewhat
        > > > smaller vehicle for other two families (8 members). What other vehicle
        > > can
        > > > be hired which can be used for hauling 8 passengers, and what can be the
        > > > approximate cost for that.
        > > >
        > > > Please excuse. I've not hired vehicle for traveling for long time, and
        > > seem
        > > > to have no idea. (Haven't called the operators either till now).
        > > >
        > > > Regards,
        > > >
        > > > Mayank

      • H V Kumar
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21, 2012
          For hiring vehicles for the UK circuit, it is best you hire them through
          GMVN, they customise tours & syndicate taxis. These are far more reliable
          than the ones you pick up from the street and also priced reasonably.

          Dealing with Bombay-based agents means you get ripped off on rates for both
          hotels and taxis.

          Kumar.

          P.S. I would still go in own car!!!

          <mailto:indiahighways%40yahoogroups.com> , Mayank Kumar <mayank.kumar1@...>