php - imap

  • S.G. Sudhakar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2004
      Hi,
      I am currently in the process of developing an IMAP client using
      PHP/IMAP. I am having a doubt to know a piece of information. If any
      one of you guys know the answer, then I will be delighted to take the
      comments :-)

      Ok here is my question:
      1. What is ment by SIZE of the mail message.
      I mean the SIZE is ment as only the size of the BODY or the entire
      mail itself (file size of the mail)?

      2. If I consider as a fact that SIZE is the entire mail size itself,
      then I noticed that imap_header / imap_header_info has the "size"
      property which shows the size of the mail. So my question is that it
      is not exactly matching the file size of the mail. I mean there seems
      to be little bit difference in bytes when I compared the actual file
      size of the mail and the size returned from imap_header object. So any
      one of you know why and how???

      So basically how should I find size of a mail message???

      Thanks in advance!
      S.G. Sudhakar.
    • Shantanu Kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
        --- "S.G. Sudhakar" <sudhak76@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am currently in the process of developing an IMAP
        > client using
        > PHP/IMAP. I am having a doubt to know a piece of
        > information. If any
        > one of you guys know the answer, then I will be
        > delighted to take the
        > comments :-)

        I suppose SquirrelMail supports IMAP. Maybe you'd like
        to take a look.

        Shantanu

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html