Government of India has banned the yahoo groups

  • php-india.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello All

      It is unfortunate news for all of us here; Government of India has banned the yahoo groups and has instructed all the ISPs to ban this site.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3148288.stm

      http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2003/103092608.asp

      This is decision from government of India by the Internet security department and it has something to do with security of the country and we should not comment on that.

      For us, it would be bit difficult to operate the groups from yahoo now.

      However, meanwhile we have a platform to carry on the discussion on PHP and we can share our knowledge from the forum we have on, Indian php site.

      This site is dedicated to all the php lovers in India. Here you will find everything to share your knowledge, business and information.

      I think, there are some advantages in using the forum like the thread is always there for future so if someone needs help on some topic which was already discussed, he can easily find out. We can also find out who is most active and most popular member etc.

      The site is being views and observed by lots of people around the world. If you wish you can find out details on users from all world on following link. We have around 160 members from around the globe in just three months.

      http://www.php-india.net/modules.php?name=WhereBisDu

      Also, many organization around the world has asked for the list of php developers in India and they do search for php developers in India, so it would be great if interested developer can register themselves and put their resumes over there. Perhaps, you may find some place in the world.

      http://www.php-india.net/modules.php?name=NukeCareer

      I think many of the members from this group know about this and they are already registered with this. This is just for information for new members.

      So let us continue and grow, show must go on.

      Thanks

      Chirag

      Webmaster
      www.php-india.net
      An endeavor to cheer PHP in India

    • Dr Tarique Sani
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, php-india.net wrote:

        > This is decision from government of India by the Internet security department
        > and it has something to do with security of the country and we should not
        > comment on that.
        >

        > For us, it would be bit difficult to operate the groups from yahoo now.

        Why - where is some amount of creativity? :D

      • sujay bhowmick
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
          Hi Tarique I'm Sujay,
          I'm facing a problem here. I need to validate and XML
          document against an XML Schema. Is there any way i can
          Do it??

          http://shopping.yahoo.com