Re: [in-phpug] QUESTION: message board creation

  • d.k.jariwala (JD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      If you need small/compact forum without lots of bells and whistles, go for minibb.

      I have used it in my previous company, mini bb code was very modular and I was able to come up with customized solution quickly!

      Regards,
      JD
      http://jdk.phpkid.org

      jae_cornell <jae_cornell@...> wrote:
      hi. I am looking for some assistance if anyone can
      help get me started...
      Basically, I am trying to create a (very) simple message
      board system for my web page using PHP and mySQL.

      I know HTML, CSS, and javascript, all of which I used to
      create my web page. Now I would really like to use some
      basic PHP and mySQL (i've downloaded both to my computer)
      in order to create a message board to add to the page.
      Im familar with C and other programming languages,
      so the programming side shouldnt be too hard... i
      hope... but im not that familiar with web-related
      issues.

      Basically, I just hope to create something simple--
      allowing users to see a page listing all topics
      available and click on topics and threads they
      find interesting; and of course to enter a new
      message, either as a reply or a new topic.
      that's it.

      i guess im hoping to see if someone has done such
      work in the past that i might use their code as a learning
      tool, or any suggestions that get me started as right now
      im quite unsure how to begin...

      i am new to this site so i hope this question
      is clear and is appropriate.
      thanks in advance for any assistance...
      ja cornell

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT