Re: [in-phpug] variable values not echoing?

  • Dr Tarique Sani
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2003
      On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bhupendra Banodhe wrote:

      > Yeah thats true the register_globals is Off coz of
      > security reason. What else if some one want to port
      > previous code into latest version of PHP, who dont
      > used the $_POST["variable"] pattern.

      You can use $HTTP_POST_VARS['variable'] or any of the code snippets
      available to convert $HTTP_x into normal values BUT that is once again
      exposing yourself to the security issues. The best option is to be sure
      that your code cannot be affected by such attacks.

      For the record I often program with register_globals off.